Antonio Conte (95 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
well, he's just trying out new excuses...as chelsea coach the infamous financial gap won't work anymore.

like "Cahill got injured and ruined my gameplan early in the game. but that's football."
I eat at 100 euros restaurant while Pep gets to go to 200 euros restaurant :cry:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Honestly though. Which coach to you expect will do better over the next 3 years in the EPL? Pep, Mourinho, Conte or Klopp?

Klopp has the advantage of working with his team for a year so he knows exactly what pieces are missing. On the other hand, his disadvantage is that he will have the smallest transfer kit AND Liverpool wont be in the CL AND liverpool is currently the weakest brand of all despite its history. so he should suffer in the market more than the rest thats the first disadvantage. His second disadvantage is that he is starting from the worst squad on paper by a distance.

Mourinho has a very long EPL experience thats his main advantage. He will also have the largest transfer kit (equal to city at least) and has the biggest brand in the league. Like Liverpool, United won't be in the EPL so I guess the allure of the UTD brand will balanced out by City playing in the CL. I think his team will be on par with city in the market. His disadvantage is that his squad lacks stars but not as badly as liverpool.

Pep has no EPL experience so he is like Conte in that regard and is disadvantaged compared to Klopp and Mou. However, he will have the biggest transfer kit (equal to UTD) and will play in the CL. He will also starts from the best squad by a distance and has 3-4 established stars already in Aguero, Silva, De Breyne and yaya if he stays and a very good squad in general. Time will tell if he can implement his philosophy with the city squad.

Conte, like Pep, has no EPL experience. He will have a good transfer kit, bigger than liverpools but smaller than the manchester teams. He also wont be in the CL and doesn't have the same allure as Pep and Mou. He should thus struggle in the market not as bad as klopp but worse than Pep and Mou. His squad on paper is better than UTD and Pool in terms of star power in Fabregas, Willian, Costa and Hazard, but less than City.

I am aware that each club has its own season objectives next season. I expect Pep to be tasked with winning the EPL, Mou to challenge for the EPL, Conte to comfortably get into CL places and Klopp to scrape his way into the top 4. But over the next 3 years I am sure at least Mou, Pep and Conte will be required to win the title.

My prediction for only the next season is that either Mou or Pep will win the league in a hard fought battle. Pep will flop in the CL and people will say he has been exposed but the CL wont be the club's target this season. I am slightly leaning towards a UTD win because Mou tends to have an immediate effect.
Conte to finish 3rd and Klopp will finish 5th in a hard fought battle with Arsene. Tottenham will relapse into their former selves and finish 6th or 7th.

Over the next 3 seasons I expect Pep and Conte to be equally successful in the EPL. Conte to struggle in Europe compared to Pep and Mou to be the best in Europe. Klopp will bring liverpool back to the Benitez era where they are a top 4 team and they are one of the most scary teams to meet in the CL.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Ranieri.

Actually I think any coach could do better then conte, he had his moment, he will never rise again imo.
You take it he wont even make Chelsea into a formidable side at least the way they were under Mou last season? I am sure he wont have the same great start he had with Juve but I think he is more than capable at taking a group of players and finding a system that they can perform in at a very high level.

I don't expect him to make Chelsea punch above its weight very often but I am confident he can get them to do very well and if he is given a good squad then that will be a high level. I can't imagine him performing with Matri and Vucinic leading his attack but not when Costa and Hazard are. I dont expect him to win the league undefeated with them but I expect him to construct a very tough team. If he gives them a winning mentality and a default formation that gets a lot of wins (like our 3-5-2) then he has done his job. Chelsea can then get Allegri to tweak it :D

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Winning mentality? Who from Chealse lacks winning mentality? Let's not give him credit where there is non, specially even before he did anything.

I'm not really objective here, I just want him to fail so hard that chelsea would be relegated to sunday league with him as a coach ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Has it really been 21 years since the Germans won against Italy?
Yeah. And if they face Italy in a WC or in the Euros, they'll lose again. They even a word for it: angstgegner.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Thiago Motta and Montolivo are being blamed for the defeat and I can see why tbh. Verratti, Marchisio will make a big difference.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Why do you say they didn't give mourinho the players he wanted? Mourinho green lighted the Lukaku sale as well as the De Bruyne sale. He also kicked out Salah and Cuadrado and Schurrle. They brought him fabregas, Costa and matic all of which he picked. They also brought him pedro in his last season to cover for the declining Hazard.

Mourinho's squad had a meltdown in defense with Ivanovic and Terry suddenly declining substantially but he also failed to get anything out of Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Pedro and Oscar. The only player that performed well for him is Willian. You can't justify his collapse by blaming transfers at all. He bought what he needed and won the EPL with those very same players a season before in comfortable fashion. Its all on his mismanagement of the dressing room.
Mou wanted pogba and stone last season.
It ended with djiloboji.

- - - Updated - - -

You take it he wont even make Chelsea into a formidable side at least the way they were under Mou last season? I am sure he wont have the same great start he had with Juve but I think he is more than capable at taking a group of players and finding a system that they can perform in at a very high level.

I don't expect him to make Chelsea punch above its weight very often but I am confident he can get them to do very well and if he is given a good squad then that will be a high level. I can't imagine him performing with Matri and Vucinic leading his attack but not when Costa and Hazard are. I dont expect him to win the league undefeated with them but I expect him to construct a very tough team. If he gives them a winning mentality and a default formation that gets a lot of wins (like our 3-5-2) then he has done his job. Chelsea can then get Allegri to tweak it :D
He can control vucinic and matri accepting to sacrifice for the team.
Not sure he can control player like oscar, hazard, costa, etc.

I will be not surprised if conte prefer play like cuadrado, mikel, pedor than fabs, oscar, and hazard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)