Antonio Conte (93 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Why not? Can you explain? Capello was heavily criticized in CL too.

FFS Ranieri with only Del Piero and Nedved after Calciopoli went on to beat Real Madrid twice and there was even more gaps financially and structurally and everything you can imagine, Chelsea suffered to knock Ranier's Juve out who went out and reached the final and won the CL if I'm not mistaken.

I don't mind if you can't win certain matches in CL but I can't stand when you're going to the match already KO and already having your excuses prepared.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what he said after the Bayern match APR 2013:

Italian teams/Juve have no chance of winning the Champions League for several years

"Given that two years ago we weren't even in the Europa League I have to congratulate my players for getting this far," said Conte.

"They (Bayern) were simply stronger than us and we can only congratulate them. When you're playing against one of the strongest teams in Europe it becomes difficult for everyone.

"But playing Bayern was a good opportunity to see where exactly we are compared to the big boys in Europe:sergio:. Where are we, what's missing and how do we remedy it?

"We have to look elsewhere, to Spain, to England and to Germany to see what lessons we can learn. :sergio:

"But if you have the money, you can buy (players) and win. Otherwise, it takes a lot of patience. Except that Allegri with little bit of luck would have won the final with even less sources.

"The way things are right now, I don't see any Italian teams winning the Champions League for the next several years." :sergio:

This is one of his statements that describes how prepared mentally and tactically he was.
:inter:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Conte was the best possible coach in the world for us when he arrived.

Ye, he left in a bad way. Fine, then we are allowed to joke about 100 euro restaurants.

But why go on a crusade against him for that ? It didnt remotely impact our sportive succes, hence the first postconte season was even better. The guy was a legend as a player, and so, SO important those 3 years to restore the mentality it lacked.

I hope he wins the euros, and then go to whatever club team that has 100 euro

- - - Updated - - -

Ye, he left in a bad way. Fine, then we are allowed to joke about 100 euro restaurants.

But why go on a crusade against him for that ? It didnt remotely impact our sportive succes, hence the first postconte season was even better. The guy was a legend as a player, and so, SO important those 3 years to restore the mentality it lacked.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Although it could have.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What about when Allegri leaves? :D
I have wish him the best, but not in the same way because Allegri is not a guy who I watched work his ass off in our shirt for over a decade then 2nd Juve career with 3 wonderful years where he took us back to where we belonged, all the while screaming and crying his heart out like a mad Juventino in every step of the way. Needless to say, Conte is very much a core Juventino thats easy to like for me, more so for his coaching career even if I appriciated his playing one too. Yes I did not like his defeatist egocentric press conferences in his last year losing the plot a bit (but had no issues in previous years, in fact I loved his interviews were he loudly put every petty hater where they belonged, bit unprofessional but endearing), that he was bit too hotheaded/rash or tactically stubborn is undeniably. And defenitely insanely unfortunate to part ways in such a sudden and petty or childish way. But to be redundant again, for me he is a 100% Juventino and the positives outweigh the negative by some margin (its something we take for granted, but it was insanely wonderful for me to see our coach deeply attached to the shirt and be a real fan). Refuse to remember only the brief negative parting ways or weird comments.

Allegri in comparison is a top professional, excellent at what he does. But the attachment is not the same for obvious reasons. Juve coaches for me goes like this for me Lippi huge numbero uno, Conte 2nd, and the rest are just gravvy. Tho Allegri is 3rd for sure because I detested Capello as hell, Ancelloti sucked, and Deschamps who I like alot, is someone I wanted to become what Conte became for us. But sadly he wasnt given the opportunity. When we part ways with Allegri (hopefully atleast 2-3 more years) I hope our next coach will be Diego Simeone. Ideal as a coach gets for me (absolutely hated his guts as player tho, was him and Dino Baggio I couldnt stand). Even if he is a former Inter and Lazio player, couldnt care less, his football system and attitude is the kind that made me attached to Juve /italian football (besides the magical creative nr 10s).

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Why not? Can you explain? Capello was heavily criticized in CL too.

FFS Ranieri with only Del Piero and Nedved after Calciopoli went on to beat Real Madrid twice and there was even more gaps financially and structurally and everything you can imagine, Chelsea suffered to knock Ranier's Juve out who went out and reached the final and won the CL if I'm not mistaken.

I don't mind if you can't win certain matches in CL but I can't stand when you're going to the match already KO and already having your excuses prepared.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what he said after the Bayern match APR 2013:

Italian teams/Juve have no chance of winning the Champions League for several years

"Given that two years ago we weren't even in the Europa League I have to congratulate my players for getting this far," said Conte.

"They (Bayern) were simply stronger than us and we can only congratulate them. When you're playing against one of the strongest teams in Europe it becomes difficult for everyone.

"But playing Bayern was a good opportunity to see where exactly we are compared to the big boys in Europe:sergio:. Where are we, what's missing and how do we remedy it?

"We have to look elsewhere, to Spain, to England and to Germany to see what lessons we can learn. :sergio:

"But if you have the money, you can buy (players) and win. Otherwise, it takes a lot of patience. Except that Allegri with little bit of luck would have won the final with even less sources.

"The way things are right now, I don't see any Italian teams winning the Champions League for the next several years." :sergio:

This is one of his statements that describes how prepared mentally and tactically he was.
I think I can live with the way he left, but his press conferences in the last year was just :inter: I remember complaining to you guys about him constantly washing dirty laundry in public.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Again what is it bad about Conte's way of leaving us?
Timing, his next job, possible consequences to the team he's supposed to hold high in his heart, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

He left in a brink of preseason. If he want to leave he should leave earlier.
But the management convinced him to stay, that's why he left a few weeks later. It's not like he could have refused.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Timing, his next job, possible consequences to the team he's supposed to hold high in his heart, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

But the management convinced him to stay, that's why he left a few weeks later. It's not like he could have refused.
Management told him to decide later after the vacation yes. You see in a corporation, each individual has a job and responsibilities that go with it. The management are responsible for who gets to be coach and so If they felt that they want to give time to an employee of theirs to reconsider his decision, then that is their call and their responsibility not his. They told him don't quit now. Take time off and think about it and when you are back give us your final decision.

Now it is possible that the employee has made up his mind fully and saw zero chance of changing his mind but it is also possible that he thought he might feel better after the break and so he told them, okay I will let you know after the vacation. He continued to feel depleted after the vacation and so he told them just that. They then hired someone else.

You see when you have a great employee in your company who plays a key role, you want to hold on to him as much as possible and so often times, managers tell their subordinates to take time off to rethink the exit. If they thought he was just another mediocre employee they'd have let him go without any fuss but they believed that he was the best guy for the job and so they tried to hold on to him and at the same time had a plan B in case that fails. Nothing out of the ordinary occured here. Neither the employee did anything wrong in taking his time before making a final decision nor did the management in trying to hold on to him (as long as they had a plan for the scenario where he decides to leave).

If Allegri had turned out to be a bad coach, then whose fault is it that the club now has a poor coach? It is management's fault not the now-departed employee.
When would the employee be at fault? He would be at fault if he left without notice at an important time in the season. If what happened was that Conte gave them the illusion that he is staying and then suddenly decided to quit then that would be bad and unprofessional behaviour. But since what actually happened is nothing more than them giving him time to rethink and him actually taking that time, then nothing wrong has occurred.

If anything, I'd have been insulted if Conte had said he is leaving and refused to even rethink the decision. Imagine Agnelli telling him we have all this rapport together, can you at least take time to rethink your decision? and Conte says no. I think the club owes him at least a rethinking of his decision to leave.

The bitterness that people have towards his departure is because the impression that we first had is that Conte suddenly left us in pre-season without any warning. That would have been definitely a shitty move and a stab in the back to the club. We only found out that this was planned by management and Conte after the whole debacle exploded and people were already hurt. A lot of people are yet to get over that first impression they had of the events.

Not only was the first impression that Conte suddenly jumped ship, it was also coupled with the horror of knowing that Allegri (who was considered an incompetent coach by a majority of serie A fans) will replace him. We felt that by jumping ship we are forced to take an incompetent coach and the whole Juve project is in danger of regression if not collapse. The first impression had us stabbed in the back & forced to use an incompetent coach in panic.

Only later we found out that management knew about how he feels from the season before and have given him time to rethink his decision and that Allegri was planned from the start. Imagine that all this was public knowledge from the start. Imagine that after our scudetto celebrations, Agnelli came out and said that Conte is thinking about leaving the club and that since we value him so highly, we gave him time to reconsider his decision and that the final decision will be announced early in preseason and that if Conte were to decide to leave, the club will hire allegri.
Who would you have been outraged at? Conte? Hell no. You would have been outraged at management and would have been panicking the entire summer and praying that he stays. You'd have pressured management to give him more money or a bigger transfer kit.

Even the scenario that you say Conte should have followed is much worse. Imagine again that Agnelli publicly said that Conte has told us he is leaving and that we told him to rethink it over the summer and yet Conte refused to even rethink it despite the club's assurance that they have a replacement lined up if he leaves. You would have been questioning his love for Juve and saying management assured him that everything is under control if he leaves.. he could have atleast gave himself time to think about it.

So try to get over the first impression by absorbing the new facts.What you thought had happened did not actually happen. Adjust your emotions accordingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 92)