Antonio Conte (23 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
And I'm actually relieved that Allegri is now our coach :lol: :howler:
You are not alone. I'm glad Conte left in the manner in which he did, now all what needs to happen is Allegri performing in Europe ( CL win :xfinger: ) and Conte to get sacked from the National team. The cherry on top of the cake would be him going to Man United and failing even harder and Allegri gets those star signings that Conte has been asking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte's united and Allegri's Juve bidding for the same player and us signing getting g said players signature would make me very happy.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You are not alone. I'm glad Conte left in the manner in which he did, now all what needs to happen is Allegri performing in Europe ( CL win :xfinger: ) and Conte to get sacked from the National team. The cherry on top of the cake would be him going to Man United and failing even harder and Allegri gets those star signings that Conte has been asking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte's united and Allegri's Juve bidding for the same player and us signing getting g said players signature would make me very happy.
:lol:

sounds interesting. not sure if i want this to happen to Antonio though. he won 3 scudetti with us, is a club legend, and even when he left the way he did, i cant be angry at him. its true that im disappointed in him but i wish him all the luck as long as it doesent affect us negatively.

the CL win though :xfinger:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

God I love your hypotheticals you crazy Somali man :D :lol:

But yeah, Conte has undone so much of the goodwill he built up over his 3 years as manager here. He has became a total fuckwit lately.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
God I love your hypotheticals you crazy Somali man :D :lol:

But yeah, Conte has undone so much of the goodwill he built up over his 3 years as manager here. He has became a total fuckwit lately.
:D

For me the last draw was his comments regarding the club. And the scudetto comments "I know I won three" bullshit. I have no sympathies for him, and it helps that he coaches a classless italy, very easy to dislike.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
the commentator said that he is calling up 14 new players for the albania match...went on to call a whole host of names like acerbi, rosselini, aquilani etc..is this true or did i hear wrong? admittedly im not ontop of things these days but that to me sounds nutty...and man is ciro immobile so limited...and some still want him over morata...

- - - Updated - - -

the commentator said that he is calling up 14 new players for the albania match...went on to call a whole host of names like acerbi, rosselini, aquilani etc..is this true or did i hear wrong? admittedly im not ontop of things these days but that to me sounds nutty...and man is ciro immobile so limited...and some still want him over morata...

- - - Updated - - -

just read Conte's post match comments. all i can do is shake my head.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I think his stubbornness will be his career downfall. He may try to spend the remainder of his career proving how great 3-5-2 is and how he won 3 Scudettos with it. Mazzari gets the last laugh.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
A 3-5-2 with Italy would have been suitable for Prandelli's Italy not the current one. For it to work you need two workhorse WBs that are very solid defensively and with massive lungs to stretch defenses so that CMs can then do the attacking work. It worked at Juve because we had a massive central midfield, Pirlo being super-creative and both Vidal and Pogba being capable of scoring a lot of goals. If the CMs are going to be De Rossi, Montolivo, Marchisio, Acquilani and the like then there will be very few creativity and fewer goals scored. There is no one creative like pirlo nor any goal scoring midfielders like Vidal or Pogba. The midfield is purely defensive. That is not to mention that at best he'll have one okayish wing back that does not even have massive lungs to storm forward and back like the Licht and Asa do.

Our 3-5-2 could have only been improved on either by having more offensive wingbacks or by having world class strikers upfront. Italy's quality upfront is equivalent to the Mirko-Matri combo at best unless Shaarawy or balotelli or immobile explodes (unlikely).

3-5-2 will make the azzuri very hard to beat but they will rarely if ever score any decent amount of goals.

Regardless of formation, Conte's hopes will rest on Balotelli, Shaarawy, Immobile and the likes becoming world class.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He got everything wrong, that's what happend. Insanely uninspiring choices and tactics. He can't get the basics right in connecting midfield with attack, and has two runners with no skill with the ball up front, the 20 mins he played with El sha and Pelle was alot better then previous, because shockingly enough, a prima Punta needs to play with a seconda to play off. Not another lumbering prima Punta.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I'm just glad we dont have this stubborn guy coaching us any more, he failed to adapt at Juve it's as simple as that. He is one of the best at getting the best out of players and very good at organising a team but in terms of adopting a new approach when the current system is not working he is one of the most stubborn i have seen.

He is happy to see his team create nothing and watch his defenders play as attacking midfielders, it's just shocking that he thinks this system is going to take a team forward.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I woke up to piss and watched the 2'nd half of that game. Croatia were rarely threatened, and looked so comfortable on the ball. They had something like 65% possession :howler:

At times, it felt as if Croatia were actually playing at home. An incredibly uninspiring and listless performance from Italy. Mediocre players +stubborn mule for a coach = utter failure.

I can't wait to see his excuses when Italy are cruelly exposed come Euro 2016. In fact, I am willing to bet that Croatia are going to destroy them in the return fixture.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
352 fucking donkeys upfront when 433 or anything else would have been fuckin easily done with SES on the bench but naaaah 352 4 lyf

Maybe Conte can stfu about us and worry about learning a different approach. Perhaps one that involves trying to win at home againt croatia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)