Antonio Conte (66 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I don't know. It questions how fickle someone's commitment is if they make a deal about staying after a debate, and then flip-flopping 6 weeks later. It's very wishy-washy and spells doubts on a coach no matter what team they planned to go to net.

Professionalism may mean knowing when to walk away with your head held high. But not revisiting that every few weeks.
Conte have been asking from flank players ever since we hired him.
He may have demanded this in his contract extension.
Marotta might have promised Evra due to his contract, Marotta may apparently has failed again, Conte being put once again in a position, that he will either compromise and keep the 3-5-2 or quit.
Well after 3 consecutive years, prolly his patience has run out...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. It questions how fickle someone's commitment is if they make a deal about staying after a debate, and then flip-flopping 6 weeks later. It's very wishy-washy and spells doubts on a coach no matter what team they planned to go to net.

Professionalism may mean knowing when to walk away with your head held high. But not revisiting that every few weeks.
Conte have been asking from flank players ever since we hired him.
He may have demanded this in his contract extension.
Marotta might have promised Evra due to his contract, Marotta may apparently has failed again, Conte being put once again in a position, that he will either compromise and keep the 3-5-2 or quit.
Well after 3 consecutive years, prolly his patience has run out...

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Iturbe and especially Coman are great talents. Evra is an option if we want to go back4. We couldnt afford starters, so we didnt bought them.

Conte can win a trebble else where ? thanks for confirming my point that he chose personal achievement over a legacy.
But please tell me where exactly ?

Chelsea got Mourinho
Madrid got Ancelotti
Bayern got Guardiola
Barcelona got Luiz enrique
Man Utd got Van Gaal
PSG got Blanc
Man city got Pelegrini

Please tell me what side conte can sign for, that is better then juve currently ?
doesn't mean he has to take over another team this season. He looked mentally spent in that interview - a coach primed for a sabbatical year, imo.
this being said, there seem to be rumors that PSG have contacted him. And there is always the option for a stint with the Italian NT.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Hits the fvckin' nail on the head-

The 45-year-old stunned the football community by resigning as Juventus coach on Tuesday evening. No one can blame him given the Bianconeri’s dreadful summer market so far

COMMENT
By Carlo Garganese

When Antonio Conte took over as coach of Juventus back in 2011, Italy’s most successful side were at rock bottom. Crippled by the Calciopoli scandal five years earlier, Conte assumed command of a club that had finished seventh in Serie A for two successive seasons.

Without Conte’s appointment, the Bianconeri may be still scrapping for Europa League qualification with players like Leandro Rinaudo and Armand Traore, rather than preparing for an assault on a fourth straight Scudetto - on the back of a record-breaking 102-point season.

His impact on Juventus is unmeasurable.

Conte is a winner with a capital 'W' and while he is still a long way from proving himself tactically on the continental stage and in cup competitions, this is a tireless coach with a clear vision who knows exactly what is needed to succeed.

After a quarter-final finish in 2012-13 and a humiliating group stage exit last term, Juventus' next step is to truly challenge for the Champions League. In order to do so, Conte had made it very clear publicly and privately throughout the closing stages of last season that Juve needed to retain their stars and buy proven champions in the summer transfer market.

"If someone thinks I am happy just winning the league, they are mistaken. We must continue to build," he stressed.

It was the initial failure to accept these demands that almost led to Conte walking away from the club in May, before he finally signed a contract extension. It had appeared with that decision that both Conte and the club had agreed on a plan to take Juventus to the next level.

Conte placed Alexis Sanchez and Juan Cuadrado at the top of his summer shortlist – these were champions who would guarantee a leap in quality for the Bianconeri and allow a successful switch to a 4-3-3 formation.

Pain in the Arsenal | Juventus missed out on top summer transfer target Sanchez

Transfer chief Giuseppe Marotta clearly does not boast the resources that his equivalents do at a Real Madrid, Chelsea or Bayern. "These clubs have double the revenue Juventus do," Marotta once correctly noted after a heavy loss to the Germans in 2013.

But Juventus make more than enough money to complete deals Marotta has been unable to. It has become very apparent this summer that the ex-Sampdoria man is incapable of negotiating for readymade stars.

Sanchez was available from Barcelona for €30 million for several weeks before the World Cup. The Chilean was happy to accept an annual salary of €4m (an increase on his Barca wages and less than what Carlos Tevez is earning) and had made it very clear that his preferred destination was Turin to join up with his national colleagues Arturo Vidal and Mauricio Isla. A deal for Cuadrado was always going to be complicated due to his co-ownership situation and the rivalry with Fiorentina, but Sanchez was a player Juventus comfortably had the resources to sign.

Marotta failed.

Due to the World Cup, Sanchez’s price sky-rocketed and Juventus were blown out of the water by the Premier League – leading to the 25-year-old transferring to Arsenal.

Instead of signing a proven champion for €30m, Juve instead scrambled to pursue the completely unproven Juan Iturbe at €27m (a player who flopped at Porto and at River Plate only a year ago, and has merely enjoyed one good season at Verona) and another unproven prospect in Alvaro Morata at more than €18m plus add-ons (with Real Madrid also possessing a buyback option).

Do the maths and that amounts to almost €50m on two untested players. Wages are lower, of course, but once again Sanchez’s €4m was easily payable. Especially when you consider that a 33-year-old Patrice Evra is set to earn €3.5m a season in Turin on top of a transfer fee.

Even if the numbers for Iturbe (whose deal may now well fall through) and Morata were less obscene, Juventus should be way past the stage of building their transfer market around developing players. To be the best in Europe, it is wiser to buy one top-class player for €30m than three good players for €10m. Marotta’s small-time mentality, forged from years with provincial sides, means Juventus have now hit their limit with him in charge of recruitment.

Where the futures of Paul Pogba and Manchester United-target Vidal fit into Conte’s decision to resign remains unclear as of now, but these are certainly very worrying times for Juventus fans.

And not so much because Juventus’ resurrector, Conte, will take some replacing, but more because the club’s current transfer direction can only take them sidewards. Backwards if one of Vidal or Pogba leaves.

Conte could see what was coming and he has made the right decision to jump ship.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Good point @Fint

Conte a couple of days ago said they're building a strong Juve and today he leaves. Great job Conte :tup:

haha!! well lets see.... this team is obviously too strong for Serie A... they were surely win again but .... this team is not close to a top CL contender so again he would fail there.... HE's said all along that the CL is the ultimate goal but we have no way to get there with the current state of the team and SerieA so... he quit? I guess that's it .... THis is a big shock right now!

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I wanna puke.

It's nothing short of betrayal. Juventus isn't an oil money club, Conte knows their financial limitations. If we could sign the Di Maria's and the Sanchez's we would.

We stood by Conte when his reputation was battered by the Bari scandal but he didn't have the decency to stand by us and leave at a time that wouldn't plunge this club into a mess.

:inter:
Exactly how I feel right now. I'm disgusted by Conte the most out of this situation. People hand dogs on Marotta and Agnelli because we couldn't give Conte toys he wanted so he left, breaking his word he gave to the fans :tdown:

We all knew we weren't going to spend big this summer yet people blame the management. What were they supposed to do? take more loans so we'd go bankrupt or print money?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The problem here the clash of conte's passion and the board's cold chess like maneuvers
It certainly is.

I doubt that the board planned to sell Vidal but lied to Conte that they wouldn't. Back in May, before the window started and when Conte agreed to stay, we couldn't predict who will be bought and who will be sold. You can't know who will make an offer and if anyone will make an offer. I don't think the board made a promise to Conte not to sell Vidal, simply because they couldn't know if someone will offer a crazy amount or not.

It's in board's interest to make money, not to destroy the club. Everyone wants success, which later brings the sponsors to the club. Of course they told him that they'll try to make the team even better. Now if something happens in the market that the coach doesn't like, it doesn't give the same coach the right to just leave and feel betrayed. The board wants success, just as well as the coach. They all knew each other too well and Conte is in football for too long to know that not always things go as planned. To just leave like that because things went wrong is unprofessional and I'll again use "childish".

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Hits the fvckin' nail on the head-
No vinny, thats not the nail on the head, its an idiot who is talking populistic opinions

Barcelona didnt want to negotiate for Sanchez before the world cup. But now these asshole reporters act as if they were.

What idiot team would sell when there is a tournament comming that could increase his marketvalue dramatically. No one, thats who.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Allegri has problems with Pirlo and Mancini with Carlos Tevez so hopefully these 2 are out of the picture .
Agree,it would be dumb to bring either one of them.
Montella intrigues me. Of course so does Deschamps.

I admire Guidolin's tactics but I don't know if he has the presence to man manage at this level.
Guidolin from all the Italians for sure.
Zidane might be good only from the mental side for the players,to come here.
But how is he as a coach?all he did was assisting until now.......

What a sad fucking day...:cry:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The sooner we find out the reason the easier it will come to accept. Unfortunately we may never know for months or years. All I say is we all know why deschamps left, good coaches need their own space and their say. How I wish our management would understand that. This may not even be the reason but regardless somethings just never change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)