Antonio Conte (386 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Conte has been very good for us and he got us to taste trophies again, so I've got nothing but respect for him.

What I don't like about him is that he talks as if he's reached his peak with this team and we can't go even better, and that's a lie. That could be because he chokes in Cup competitions, not because of the team. FFS, he's demanding the management to have an objective of going past the Group Stages of the CL. Apart from this, he always moans about the lack of finances in Serie A. That is mostly his fault i.e. Marotta said we lost €25M against Galatasaray. When he says there are no more challenges with this team for him, that's a lie. There are big challenges for him in this team, mainly in Europe. He has the team to go far, yet he keeps choking, and instead of admitting his own faults, he keeps finding excuses on this and that. If he wants to go, he'll be missed, but no one is forcing him to stay. This "Conte demands this and that to stay" is a fucking joke. To me he sounds like he wants a new challenge, rather than he needs one.

Alen Hansen said last night that being top of the table with 4 games to go and failing to win the league was a failure for Liverpool, regardless if the team/fans would have expected it at the start of the season and I agree entirely.

It's difficult to apply this to a cup scenario as they're unpredictable, but bar last years exit to Bayern, Conte has failed in these 'cup final' scenarios.

2012 Coppa Italia final didn't show up at all to an inferior team.
2013 Semi final against Lazio choked to another inferior team.
2014 Champions League group stage I can't even think of this because of how angry it makes me.
2014 EL semi final We couldn't even make our own final- all big clubs would call this a failure.

The postmortem is that Conte keeps blabbing on about fans unrealistic expectations and it's pissing me off, in ALL of these positions we SHOULD have won.

I don't know any fans that are demanding we win the Champions League, the least they expect is to at least beat the teams that we should be expected to and if we go out to giant then so be it, when you've dominated the league for as long as we've done it bloody well IS realistic. Enough with underwhelming, choking displays and moaning Conte.

Man up.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Conte has been very good for us and he got us to taste trophies again, so I've got nothing but respect for him.

What I don't like about him is that he talks as if he's reached his peak with this team and we can't go even better, and that's a lie. That could be because he chokes in Cup competitions, not because of the team. FFS, he's demanding the management to have an objective of going past the Group Stages of the CL. Apart from this, he always moans about the lack of finances in Serie A. That is mostly his fault i.e. Marotta said we lost €25M against Galatasaray. When he says there are no more challenges with this team for him, that's a lie. There are big challenges for him in this team, mainly in Europe. He has the team to go far, yet he keeps choking, and instead of admitting his own faults, he keeps finding excuses on this and that. If he wants to go, he'll be missed, but no one is forcing him to stay. This "Conte demands this and that to stay" is a $#@!ing joke. To me he sounds like he wants a new challenge, rather than he needs one.
Spot on.

He is completely ignoring his own failures in Cup competitions and blaming the players and club.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Maybe this is Conte's way of getting what he wants (more money to spend in the summer)
Of course this is. It's not nice and it doesn't look professional to me at all. But I guess it's tough to negotiate with Agnelli. After all a lot of people make him responsible for Del Piero leaving in such a dishonorable way.

Mar 9, 2006
Best post in this thread.

The only thing that would worry me if Conte left is the relationship he has with our big players and how most of them talk about him being the key in their development and happiness.

Players like Tevez(Who couldn't be happy at the moment, look at him yesterday laughing like a child on the pitch this hasn't happened for a long long time), players like Vidal, Pogba and Llorente all commenting on how much they've improved under him. If Conte leaves what message does that send out to our big players? That we have no project and the manager doesn't believe.

I don't agree with Conte's posturing in the media however on the flip and I do have respect for Marotta too but how boring as a manager must it be to constantly hear your sporting director before every game talk about we have no money, we won't compete in auctions, we will look for market opportunities. At the end of the day last Summer our next spend was close to €0, I'm sorry but why can Inter Milan afford to spend close to 20 million on Hernanes and we can't? Yet our revenue is higher....

Napoli, Roma and Inter will look to spend this Summer but it seems like we're reluctant to do so, Juventus shouldn't have to sell Immobile to afford a Sanchez/Cuadrado when we're making close to 300 million a season in revenue the numbers don't add up.

So I understand the arguments from both sides, however if Conte does leave I fear for our Summer market and it would send out the message we don't want to spend because the Board feel our squad is good enough.

As for a new coach, I would take either Montella or Deschamps nobody else.
Nah, we've spent more money than inter in the last 3 seasons:
juve
11/12 102m euro (-72m total)
12/13 68m (-45m)
13/14 32m (+6m)
~202m overall expenditure

inter
11/12 39m (+16m)
12/13 74m (-17m)
13/14 46m (-36m)
~159m

roma
11/12 90m (-64m)
12/13 44m (-22m)
13/14 73m (+41m)
~207m

napoli
11/12 72m (-48m)
12/13 30m (+3m)
13/14 100m (-29m)
~202m

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
One thing I don't get, why is he making it look like it's impossible to improve or at least make the semi's in CL? Like Chelsea and Atletico's squad are far way more superior than Conte's squad?

I understand he wants few more players to believe he can go really far in Europe but at the same time he's got a better squad and player than several other top teams who are doing better than him in Europe.

enzo

May 14, 2012
One thing I don't get, why is he making it look like it's impossible to improve or at least make the semi's in CL? Like Chelsea and Atletico's squad are far way more superior than Conte's squad?

I understand he wants few more players to believe he can go really far in Europe but at the same time he's got a better squad and player than several other top teams who are doing better than him in Europe.
Because, should he stay and reach the semifinals, he wants us to worship him like a god.

Mar 9, 2006

From what i see from season to season, i think that even if we will sign Di Maria, Sanchez or whoever and will not go too far in the CL then Conte will say once again that we need a world class reinforcements

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Maybe he's just exaggerating so Agnelli/Marotta etc do something more than usual. To be fair though all the other top teams use formations with proper wingers which we really don't have.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Conte said that you cannot improve this squad, how about changing formation and benching Bonucci, so we can go through group stages of Cl and with lucky draw maybe to semi final, thats a significant improvement.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Because he is making excuses. He is preparing his parachute just in case he chokes again against another copenhagen in an easy match and we get kicked out.

Because, when we fail its 1 of 3 things:
1-The team was better than us, because of better players or more money.
2-we got robbed in some way, we were unlucky with ref calls, penalties,bonucci, snowstorms etc
3-The tactician could be at fault for how the game developed. (preparation, tactics, mentality of the team, fatigue, substitutions etc).

Now, i want to ask...which of those 3 options have been NEVER the cause of our exits according to conte?. Yes u have the answer.

Its way easier to fault everyone for the teams shortcomings.... but in a lot of games for example, we have been like "wtf" with his subs...for example in the copenhagen game and the llorente fiasco, when he decided to send giovinco to die against 2 giants, with a long ball plan. madness!. He never mentioned that... but the press, fans and internet did. Everyone did. That is just one example.

The thing that destroys Conte, that is his doom, is the very thing that makes him a good man manager (notice i said man manager, not coach).... is that he thinks is never at fault for anything, he doesnt admit he is wrong and stand his ground even if being wrong. The drive he had as a player and as a coach, his pride... clouds his way of seeing things. He is a warrior but he will never admit defeat, and there are moments where u have to put ur pride aside and say "maybe i fucked it up..lets try again with a new plan". He needs to be much much more humble. But he is not like that. He will not change his way. I think we all understand this. Theres an old saying that says that it is much more difficult to sheate your sword than to unsheathe it.It takes bravery.

This is what IMO limits his development as a coach...and his late delcaration are a clear indicative of this,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 382)