Antonio Conte (360 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Conte was a big gamble at the time. It could easily have gone the way Ferrara did.
It was a huge risk, and it has paid off. Now, for me, I was all for Prandelli ever since Calciopoli once Deschamps was removed, but I don't know if I would do it now. But his coaching CV at Fiorentina was very impressive, with multiple trips to the Champions League, even after they were hit with a 15 point deduction one year. He's a very good coach. I think Montella would be a fantastic replacement for Conte, but if I had my way, I would keep Conte for the long haul.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Whats good about Montella? The guy never achieved anything respectable in his coaching years unlike Prandelli who has reached a Euro Final with a crappy squad. (Not that I would want Prandelli very much either but he is the better out of the two. )

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Whats good about Montella? The guy never achieved anything respectable in his coaching years unlike Prandelli who has reached a Euro Final with a crappy squad.
I think with Montella that you can see something there as a coach, that he has the potential to be one of the very good ones out there

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4544708 said:
And Conte won trillion of titles before we appointed him
Conte wasn't coaching for over 2 decades when we got him. He was a young coach who had proven himself in B.

Prandelli has been coaching since 1990 and still won nothing. It took him a decade to prove himself in B and since then has still done nothing.

Think before you give poor examples.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You really think Montella could have done what Conte did to us?

Prandelli did wonders at Fiorentina and with Italy. Montella has always done okay but nothing impressive at all either with Roma or Viola. I dont want a coach that might become good when he grows old I want either a proven winner or someone who consistently did so much with so little (Garcia, Prandelli, Klopp, Simeone)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

Prandelli did wonders at Fiorentina and with Italy. Montella has always done okay but nothing impressive at all either with Roma or Viola. I dont want a coach that might become good when he grows old I want either a proven winner or someone who consistently did so much with so little (Garcia, Prandelli, Klopp, Simeone)
Yeah I'd like Simeone but he's a s-c-um of a character and would probably be too expensive now.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

You make it sound as if Montella was terrible with Roma. He was 7-3-3 in 13 matches with them. That is hardly horrible. And be honest with me. When Conte was hired, given his past experiences with his coaching in Serie A (which was far, far worse than what Montella did with Roma and subsequently Catania before he was hired by Fiorentina), did you really think that he would have been able to pull off 3 consecutive Scudetti?

And how good would Fiorentina have been if Rossi and Gomez weren't out for most of the season?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Conte wasn't coaching for over 2 decades when we got him. He was a young coach who had proven himself in B.

Prandelli has been coaching since 1990 and still won nothing. It took him a decade to prove himself in B and since then has still done nothing.

Think before you give poor examples.
What? He spent, maybe 3 years in Serie B with Venezia, Verona and Atalanta, and his time at Atalanta was as a caretaker. He also took Verona to Serie A

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The Ajax dude, ,Klopp, Simeone, Prandelli all fine by me. Conte was a gamble and so was Ciro and Strama and guardiola.. i'd rather not risk it.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Bad news for us if Conte leaves imo, I doubt we'll do any better with another coach. As already said I guess Klopp, Simeone (both unrealistic) DD or Prandelli would be ok. Probably Montella after that.

Mancini :inter:

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is, Buffon, Barzagli, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner and Tevez (even Chiellini and Llorente to some extent) are all coming to the stage where they will need to be replaced in the next couple of years. There isn't the basis for a long term project with this squad. The options are either go for a few major signings now to have a real go at the CL with this team, or else start rebuilding.
This is very true unfortunately.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
If there is anyone that I would like to take a chance on if Conte decides to leave then it will probably be Simeone, I don't think Klopp will do that great in Serie A, yes, I didn't like Simeone at all as a player, but man, he reminds me a lot of Conte during Conte's first season with us. If Simeone does win CL/La Liga, I doubt he will move though, so until then, Do all we can to make Conte stay or go for a non risky Manager, Hiddink would be the dream!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 356)