Antonio Conte (329 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This could very well be true.

However, to my mind, a second option exists as well, in which Agnelli does not realize that the squad is in decline currently, and results are likely to be worse the next 2-3 years until a new generation of players reaches their prime. In this scenario, Agnelli really is demanding things Conte knows he cannot give.

And of course there's the third option, in which all of this is just bullshit designed to increase the negotiation power of the respective parties while in truth no one is seriously considering ending the relationship.

I honestly don't know which is true.
The 2nd option is the most unlikely imho, but this all could be blown out of proportions and these 2 might shake hands in the following days, like they did last summer and decide to continue their collaboration. :xfinger:

But really Agnelli should give him a tongue lashing for the statements that he's made.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Like I've said before. I am a big Conte fan, i'd love for him to stay and he's right to demand some ambition from the board

However, his repetitive disrespecting of the club is not on. He's making us look bad in the media and despite he, himself complaining about the press he's giving them a tonne of amunition to attack Juve with.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Does Conte have to diss the team all the time? Why the hell would we not be able to win the Champions League? We got some of the top defences and midfields in the world. People talk about Atletico or Dortmund to compare us with but we're so much more than that. We are richer, have better resources and more attractive destination to players and sponsors. Conte needs to stop devaluating this team and start looking in the mirror and solve the pathetic offense that is in display in Europe.

He's whiny as fuck and needs to stop idolizing Barca and Real's of this world.

Conte sounds like Zach.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
The problem is, Buffon, Barzagli, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner and Tevez (even Chiellini and Llorente to some extent) are all coming to the stage where they will need to be replaced in the next couple of years. There isn't the basis for a long term project with this squad. The options are either go for a few major signings now to have a real go at the CL with this team, or else start rebuilding.
:agree:

But we are rebuilding, last season we bought Ogbonna also we have Caceres. Than if we follow rumors we are in the market for a new LB,CM, RB to some extent (Romulo) and strikers. Also we have Leali as a possible Bufon replacement and we are looking at other GKs. So if if we put all this into perspective, than it's obvious that we are aware of situation and we are working on it. Also all these players we need to replace have at least 1 or 2 good seasons in them, and I'm sure that in two years time we will replace them. Just look at our attack, we are selling Quag and Vuicinic because they are in decline and we need to replace them.

Also I didn't mention investments in young players, and young players/talents we own that could be ready to play for us in near future.

My point is that we won't end up like Milan, because unlike them we have a plan and we are carrying it out.

Mar 9, 2006
Does Conte have to diss the team all the time? Why the hell would we not be able to win the Champions League? We got some of the top defences and midfields in the world. People talk about Atletico or Dortmund to compare us with but we're so much more than that. We are richer, have better resources and more attractive destination to players and sponsors. Conte needs to stop devaluating this team and start looking in the mirror and solve the pathetic offense that is in display in Europe.

He's whiny as fuck and needs to start idolizing Barca and Real's of this world.

Conte sounds like Zach.
:agree: and he never admit that we lost because of his poor tactics - against bayern "we are construction site", this season "we were unlucky", against benfica "blame referee" :sergio:

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
if it's just Conte who doubts this Juve's ability in CL then why did Marotta say something like 'Juve will fight it out with Galatasaray for 2nd in the group' after the CL group stage draw. what exactly did Marotta mean when he said that and what was he secretly hoping for in CL with Tevez, Llorente and Ogbonna?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Mazzarri tick all the boxes , he is a good buddy with Marotta, he plays with 3 at the back (so no squad revolution aka money saved), he want to escape the madhouse he's in, he is cheap , he is italian
He is the one who invented the 3-5-2, he surely knows how to use it better than anyone else.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
this is worrysome too.

we can end like milan of the post kaka era. full of grandpas
Yeah there are some players entering their final years, but nothing like that situation at Milan. Vidal, Marchisio and others will still will be in their prime when these guys retire and will be ready to lead. We also own some very promising youth, so we can refocus the team onto those areas. It's not like Juventus always has to have del Piero, we have Pogba and talent like Berardi to be our reference points.

Though a goalkeeper is different, we definitely must sign Scuffet.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
if it's just Conte who doubts this Juve's ability in CL then why did Marotta say something like 'Juve will fight it out with Galatasaray for 2nd in the group' after the CL group stage draw. what exactly did Marotta mean when he said that and what was he secretly hoping for in CL with Tevez, Llorente and Ogbonna?
That shows that the mgt had realistic expectations, hoping to finish 2nd behind Madrid, a side with more quality in their ranks. Llorente and Tevez were upgrades over our previous attackers and overall our current team has more quality than the one from the previous season.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Conte said he's talking to the board about his position. Wich as i previously said, is about what vision of the next season(s) they have. Entirely logical considering the age of certain players, as mentionned above.
Conte has also said a few days ago, that we cannot spend big.

That is what he said.

Everything else , like demanding players and wc signings and di maria etc, thats Media bullshit

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
From Conte's point of view, he is looking at improving the playing squad by a level much more considerable that Patrici/Agenelli and Marotta have in mind. He correctly identifies the need to strengthen with probably the addition of 4 world class players not international class players, so that we can realistically compete with the best clubs in Spain, England and Germany. He, and I, not mention lots of you on this forum, will surely acknowledge this. We cannot look to top up our annual marquee signings with loan signings, Bosmans or cut price deals if progress beyond Serie A success is to be achieved..

That he has gone public with his demands is clearly wrong.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Well there seems to be this project Agnelli, the BoD, have conceived for our post calciopoli era, that seems to focus on rebuilding ourselves financially in the first years and then really start spending when we're more stable and able.
And then there's this project Conte has in mind for success in which he has achieved his objectives so far, so he needs to take the next step, but it has exceeded Agnelli and co.'s vision. and they're not willing to go ahead with Cote's plans and speed things up in their project.
That's why a coupla month ago I said "by the time Agnelli, Marotta and co are ready to spend, this team will be too old and would need to be rebuilt again"
No one seems to be willing to compromise from either side, so it seems that sadly parting ways is the outcome here.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Conte said he's talking to the board about his position. Wich as i previously said, is about what vision of the next season(s) they have. Entirely logical considering the age of certain players, as mentionned above.
Conte has also said a few days ago, that we cannot spend big.

That is what he said.

Everything else , like demanding players and wc signings and di maria etc, thats Media bullshit
But he also says that cycles come in three season and that he wants to win the CL but with this squad he cannot. He also mentions other offers and so on so this Media bullshit is not just journalists talking out of their ass.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Like I've said before. I am a big Conte fan, i'd love for him to stay and he's right to demand some ambition from the board

However, his repetitive disrespecting of the club is not on. He's making us look bad in the media and despite he, himself complaining about the press he's giving them a tonne of amunition to attack Juve with.
Exactly this. He definitely needs to be more sensible.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But he also says that cycles come in three season and that he wants to win the CL but with this squad he cannot. He also mentions other offers and so on so this Media bullshit is not just journalists talking out of their ass.
Oh cmon jack

What he is doing, is simply telling the fans where the limits are, cause he's afraid that we will demand a CL push, and he knows thats completely unrealistic
At the same time, he's moving the pressure from the fans, right towards Agnelli and Marotta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 324)