Antonio Conte (217 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Yea, I just wanted to avoid any confusion

STREET

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait for LvG to become our head coach as my sources indicate for stories like this:

http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/03/09/van-gaal-dropping-his-pants/

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Conte’s doubts are similar to the ones he had last summer. After winning the second scudetto, the coach pubblically asked for guarantees to keep up the pace in Italy and be more competitive in Europe. He spoke to Agnelli and the directors and ended up staying. He didn’t have a big smile after the meeting, you probably also remember the images and the phrases you use in those circumstances for the cameras. But now the doubts seem more profound, they maybe caused by being tired from an end of the season with numerous matches and a desire (or maybe a need?) for many changes to the roster to start again. Conte and Juve will talk about the situation in a sincere manner soon. Conte and Juve. To understand how they can continue together, hopefully stronger than before. But always with clarity, especially when dealing with the outside. Are there are offers from other clubs? Not at the moment, there is nothing truly concrete amongst the top clubs. Monaco appears to have clear ideas (Pochettino is the favorite), Man United is focused on Van Gaal, Barcelona is talking to Luis Enrique, the only plausible alternative is Tottenham. But we are just talking about a simple scenario, not a negotiation. Could he stay put and wait? I can’t see Conte in front of the TV on the weekends, while he waits for the right phone call. And I don’t believe he is so tired that he can’t go back to normal after the usual summer break. Antonio is a young coach, he can’t have arrived at the point of wanting a sabbatical, despite his intense way of handling the team. His team, Juventus, who still doesn’t see a future without him. Article by Gianluca Di Marzio for

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Even if he's not leaving this season, the drama he brings at the end of every season tells us that he's not gonna be our "Alex Ferguson" like we hoped. 2 or 3 more seasons max. Let's hope he can bring dat elusive CL home before then.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I think Tottenham would be the only realistic offer Conte would have... and he'd be absolutely insane to leave Juve for Tottenham.

So I think he will stay, and the main reason is the lack of a proper opportunity in a big European club.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Del Piero never left at his own will despite making a tantrum of each contract negotiation, with links and comments to man utd or the epl
It was simply negotiation strategy with DP; he would've always folded in the end and stayed. I fear differently with Conte, especially as his demands are lot greater, and he has a hard-on for English football.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i dont think he's planning to go anywhere just yet, imo he's playing hardball to get his demands, whether personal or transfer related, met.

I see conte sticking around for another 2-3 seasons before looking elsewhere. if in that time period we become legitimate European contenders, or our spending power improves, maybe he will be willing to stay around for longer.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
lol @ people thinking he's going to leave. where would he go? no one wants him.

he knows that winning serie a in europe is = to finishing 16th in EPL or LA liga. or 13th in bundeslig or ligue 1. just ask experts around here

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I see Conte staying at Juve for 1 more year. Wouldn't be utterly shocked to see him leave even this summer if for whatever reason he and the management wouldn't agree on the plans for next season ... very much doubt it but wouldn't be shocked.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
I see Conte staying at Juve for 1 more year. Wouldn't be utterly shocked to see him leave even this summer if for whatever reason he and the management wouldn't agree on the plans for next season ... very much doubt it but wouldn't be shocked.

:cronios: Don't know how good your sight is but you won't be seeing Conte going to Ac Milan anytime this century. You can take that to the bank. :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
lol @ people thinking he's going to leave. where would he go? no one wants him.

he knows that winning serie a in europe is = to finishing 16th in EPL or LA liga. or 13th in bundeslig or ligue 1. just ask experts around here
Lion? I think you're underestimating EPL and La Liga... you don't honestly think we could beat Cardiff or Osasuna, do you? We'd so get relegated in the EPL or La Liga. We might not even win a match. I'd give us about 13 draws and 25 losses in either league. Maybe, if we're really lucky and the refs favour us, we might win 1 or 2. So perhaps 20 points max. Seriously, Conte's tactics are so pathetic. Our players are so overrated. If they were actually good, they'd have left for EPL or La Liga ages ago. Also, I almost forgot, Serie A is a dumpster fire, like epic dumpster fire.

Did I do that right?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Lion? I think you're underestimating EPL and La Liga... you don't honestly think we could beat Cardiff or Osasuna, do you? We'd so get relegated in the EPL or La Liga. We might not even win a match. I'd give us about 13 draws and 25 losses in either league. Maybe, if we're really lucky and the refs favour us, we might win 1 or 2. So perhaps 20 points max. Seriously, Conte's tactics are so pathetic. Our players are so overrated. If they were actually good, they'd have left for EPL or La Liga ages ago. Also, I almost forgot, Serie A is a dumpster fire, like epic dumpster fire.

Did I do that right?
I don't know what you're talking about, man. I think you're underestimating EPL and La Liga... you don't honestly think we could beat Cardiff or Osasuna, do you? We'd so get relegated in the EPL or La Liga. We might not even win a match. I'd give us about 13 draws and 25 losses in either league. Maybe, if we're really lucky and the refs favour us, we might win 1 or 2. So perhaps 20 points max. Seriously, Conte's tactics are so pathetic. Our players are so overrated. If they were actually good, they'd have left for EPL or La Liga ages ago. Also, I almost forgot, Serie A is a dumpster fire, like epic dumpster fire.

Did I do that right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 209)