Antonio Conte (157 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Conte: 'Benfica don't deserve Final'

Antonio Conte complained about the referee and Benfica time-wasting. “The team that least deserved it went through.”

The Coach spoke to Sky Sport Italia after a 0-0 Europa League semi-final, which sent the Portuguese through thanks to their 2-1 first leg win.

“What didn’t work was that we didn’t get that incident going our way. It’s a shame, as these games are right on the limit, Benfica obstructed us at every turn and the referee allowed them to do it.

“He gave six minutes of stoppages when we were already three in without playing, so it took us for a ride,” said Conte of English referee Mark Clattenburg.

“It’s a shame, as with two shots on target over two legs Benfica went through. Over the two games Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“I think Juventus gave all they had. It is an exciting, but also very exhausting season, because for the first time we’ve reached the final stages of European competition.

“I don’t think we saw a team struggling to stay on its feet tonight. They ran from the first to the 95th minute. It was a strong performance, we didn’t get the lucky moment we needed to change the game, so in that sense Benfica were more fortunate.

“It was a real pity, as in the first leg there was a red card and penalty for the elbow on Chiellini, while tonight there was an obvious penalty not given. The team that least deserved it went through.

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that.”

The Europa League Final will be at the Juventus Stadium on May 14 between Sevilla and Benfica.
Not a good move IMHO

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Marotta cannot find us players for the left flanc, particularly an LB, he has been looking for one for a decade now and he simply can't.
Conte has not that option, he has to adapt, the excess of CMs we have been accumulating, renders the 3-5-2 as the optimal solution for our material...
As for the forwards, Mrotta cannot compete with Napoli, Fiorentina and Galata for the Higuains, Rossis and Drogbas, so that we grab leftovers like Bendtr, Anelka and Osvaldo...
1- Marotta has been here for 4 years. how has he been looking for a LB for a decade?

2- excess of Cms? we play with 3 CMs every game and we have only 5, with one being a guy we never use.

3- :lol:

Jul 1, 2010

Antonio Conte complained about the referee and Benfica time-wasting. “The team that least deserved it went through.”

The Coach spoke to Sky Sport Italia after a 0-0 Europa League semi-final, which sent the Portuguese through thanks to their 2-1 first leg win.

“What didn’t work was that we didn’t get that incident going our way. It’s a shame, as these games are right on the limit, Benfica obstructed us at every turn and the referee allowed them to do it.

“He gave six minutes of stoppages when we were already three in without playing, so it took us for a ride,” said Conte of English referee Mark Clattenburg.

“It’s a shame, as with two shots on target over two legs Benfica went through. Over the two games Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“I think Juventus gave all they had. It is an exciting, but also very exhausting season, because for the first time we’ve reached the final stages of European competition.

“I don’t think we saw a team struggling to stay on its feet tonight. They ran from the first to the 95th minute. It was a strong performance, we didn’t get the lucky moment we needed to change the game, so in that sense Benfica were more fortunate.

“It was a real pity, as in the first leg there was a red card and penalty for the elbow on Chiellini, while tonight there was an obvious penalty not given. The team that least deserved it went through.

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that.”

The Europa League Final will be at the Juventus Stadium on May 14 between Sevilla and Benfica.
He needs to get his head out of his ass.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

Not really nice. Accept the defeat and look why you lost and improve on it in the future. No need to blame others and stick to your old plans hoping that next day everything will go your way.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Unbecoming of a top coach to talk like that. He should just accept the circumstances that led to our exit. Fact is, we are to blame. Not the ref. Not the weather. I don't put tonight's exit on Conte though, the team just stopped running,

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
People who criticize Conte should look at our history. Our last European final was 11 years ago. If you think Conte can win in Europe with the likes of Giovinco, Osvaldo, Peluso, Isla etc. on the bench then you're delusional.
we played just 3 quarterfinals in 11 years before Conte, with players like DelPiero, Trezeguet, Nedved and many others. I think there is something wrong with policy or mentality in the club.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So now we are not good enough to even win the EL? Not good enough for the likes of Benfica ? Oh My.
Yes, we are not good enough, teams like Galata and Benfica are better than and its natural that we are bested.
Unless our owners invest much more, or or transfer manager will stop making money, this will not change /

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
we played just 3 quarterfinals in 11 years before Conte, with players like DelPiero, Trezeguet, Nedved and many others. I think there is something wrong with policy or mentality in the club.
Little unfair to take that many years into consideration, considering we were relegated and were struggling for 5 years to return to the top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 156)