Antonio Conte (43 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I am not undervaluing Conte. I just feel he should do more on Europe considering the God like mode we have been in Serie A and the current batch of players we have. If we take too long , we risk selling these players, another rebuilding process and so on. Winning the EL this season will be a fantastic achievement, its better than winning a Serie A title.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am not undervaluing Conte. I just feel he should do more on Europe considering the God like mode we have been in Serie A and the current batch of players we have. If we take too long , we risk selling these players, another rebuilding process and so on. Winning the EL this season will be a fantastic achievement, its better than winning a Serie A title.
:lol: Das it mane :howler:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Serie A > CL?

Wow, CL is without a doubt toughest competition in europe and the world, and we have only 2 wins there. How can you say that CL is less of an achievemnt then Serie a?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Cup Competitions are always harder to win. Drop a few points here and there in Serie A, and you can still make it up later, over the course of 38 games. Lose and draw one or two games in the CL and you are potentially out.

Mar 9, 2006
:lol: :howler: CL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Serie A

More money, more prestige, and the ability to attract better players. The CL is the WC or European Championship of club competitions FFS!
That's the problem - current generation of fans only cares about these aspects unfortunately, while for me there is no better feeling than scudetto achievement, how central newspapers of Italy threats Juve, how everyone hate us more and more in Italy and how they are moaning and crying and in the same way they can't do anything :touched: I disliked CL since they've changed format, i dislike the idea that 4th or even 5-6th team of England, Spain and so on could receive the title "the best team of europe", champions league lost its charm with the new format, too many meaningless games etc. I want the new format - first 2 teams of big leagues goes straight to CL group stage, from Russian league, Ukraine and so on only winners, the tournament will become much more competitive

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You can't be serious with all that. CL>>>>>>>>>Serie A, no doubt, no one sane would claim otherwise.

CL>Serie A>EL>Coppa

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you over the last part, but that means less income for UEFA, so no deal.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4516759 said:
That's the problem - current generation of fans only cares about these aspects unfortunately, while for me there is no better feeling than scudetto achievement, how central newspapers of Italy threats Juve, how everyone hate us more and more in Italy and how they are moaning and crying and in the same why they can't do anything :touched: I disliked CL since they've changed format, i dislike the idea that 4th or even 5-6th team of England, Spain and so on could receive the title "the best team of europe", champions league lost its charm with the new format, too many meaningless games etc. I want the new format - first 2 teams of big leagues goes straight to CL group stage, from Russian league, Ukraine and so on only winners, the tournament will become much more competitive
:agree: I can't argue with you there. I like that sentimental aspect/element of it. Football has definitely lost its charm; much less romanticism in the game these days. I'd love the old format, but then again that may entail a larger risk for us when it comes to qualifying. I also attribute my fascination with the old format to the fact that we were more dominant in Europe back then. Serie A was also far more attractive and appealing back in the day.

Mar 9, 2006
:agree: I can't argue with you there. I like that sentimental aspect/element of it. Football has definitely lost its charm; much less romanticism in the game these days. I'd love the old format, but then again that may entail a larger risk for us when it comes to qualifying. I also attribute my fascination with the old format to the fact that we were more dominant in Europe back then. Serie A was also far more attractive and appealing back in the day.
that's the key - uefa cup was more prestigious back then and no one would say fuck it because to play CL you had to be best team in ur own league and since you wasn't then uefa cup was amazing achievement for you but nowadays money is on the 1st place, they should reduce number of teams in CL to 16 again:
Italy - Juventus, Roma
Spain - Real, Atletico
Germany - Bayern, Borussia D
England - Liverpool, Chelsea/City
Portugal - Benfica, Sporting
France - PSG
Russia - Zenit
Netherlands - Ajax
Ukraine - Dnipro
Other league winners will fight for the last 2 spots in the qualification round

But UEFA only cares about selling TV rights for a huge amount of money nowadays, so they need more teams to make bigger profit :sergio:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Actually, from next season the winner of the UEFA Cup will contest the CL qualifiers, so that is a step in the right direction. Giving the UEFA Cup back some of its luster and former glory/charm is essential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)