Antonio Conte (144 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah... If you don't think about it, it makes sense really...
its all about winning. when we fail to win ill be the 1st to say its time for changes. and im not talking about winning one game against Napoli, Fiorentina or whoever. im talking about winning the whole thing. what was your expectation before the season? mine was winning the scudetto (done), finally winning the coppa (OK, we failed this one, but we use our bench in this one and when we get a bench strong enough to play with the strongest in Italy we will start winning it too), super coppa (done) and CL quartefinal. the CL is a different story that the others. you can allow yourself a slipaway once in a while (United, City, Chelsea, Milan, Bayern) and nothing can be done. it is as it is. but when we are out already then i expect to win the EL. so except for the coppa, we won the other 3 competitions and even are setting records in serie a.

so, all in all, we have a great season (if we win the EL) and im OK with it. the way we have done it is irrelevant ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Posts in this thread over the past 24 hours led me to finally block my first 3 ppl on this forum...hopefully it makes the little time I spend on here a bit more bearable!

- - - Updated - - -

On the football side of things, we haven't been playing particularly great football recently, and obviously I would like to see us play a bit more attacking, but ultimately, if we win I'm happy...hopefully the more we win, the more we invest and so forth

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Indeed. I mean, some criticism is fine, surely, but it's gone way overboard recently, and yesterday was just a terrible timing for it by some members.

When it gets too much and out of proportions I just find it sickening. Tired of logging onto a Juve forum and constantly have to read through pages of how magnificent other clubs are, and how "shitty" everything is at Juventus, soon to be league champions for the 3rd time in 3 seasons and very close to reaching a european final.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Mate, I'm getting pretty sick of it too. Constant dick riding of every other clubs coach and players, over the top, non stop and repetitive bullshit (HI RAKIB!) about our formations, transfers, playing styles. This forum has been fucked for the better part of a year tbh.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
lol @ people who dont think juventus play attacking football

2013/2014: 32 games. goals for: 69. against: 22
2012/2013: 38 games. goals for: 71. against: 24
2011/2012: 38 games. goals for: 68. against: 20

fucking lol at losers like rakib, Klin, JCK, bashir and others who think juventus doesn't play attacking football. if anything this is proof that it's the defense that keeps suffering.

what's more we have a player who is likelky to end up top serie a scorer in his first season. but nah we play anti football.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's that pathetic overreaction to every single match where we don't destroy the opposition. Knee-jerk reactions? Yes. I think we've scored in every match but 3 this season. Gala in the snow (which was obviously an outlier), Napoli in league away while exhausted, and Roma in Coppa away, while playing a reserve squad. We are a very good attacking side in actuality.

People like Linebreak, Napoleonic, Dukac, Vialli, Rakib, Bashir, JCK, etc behaving as though the apocalypse has happened because, god forbid, other sides are competitive in matches with Juve. It seems they have this bizarre idea that Juve should walk over every single opponent we face, because those sides apparently have no desire to play for a result against us, and even if they do, we should walk over them anyways. We've been out-chanced in like 4-5 matches all season. 4-5 matches in over 40. We still occasionally have trouble with profligacy in front of goal. Even teams like Barca, Real, Bayern, ManCity, PSG with their 100-200 million dollar attacks have these problems at times.

I mean, it's seriously disrespectful to our club and players to call our performances disgraceful and pathetic. How is that even allowed? We win against Parma, and we have people like Dukac calling our performance the most disgraceful thing he has ever witnessed because (and apparently this wasn't obviously going to happen) we were wasteful with our chances for the first 15 minutes they were down a man, and they threw the kitchen sink at us for the last 10 minutes of the match in search of a draw. It took a fluke once in a lifetime wonder strike from a mediocre player for them to even get within a goal of us. We dominated the match for 90% of it. But no, because we defended our lead for the last 10-15 minutes, it was disgraceful.

Same with Lyon yesterday. They had not a single chance in the second half worth mentioning. We had 4-5 great chances, and likely should have scored 2-3. We won regardless and won by two goals on aggregate against a side that's whole game plan was to man mark us so tightly in hopes that we would not score, and hope that somehow they'd take advantage of the 1-2 chances they'd possibly get in the match. Lesser teams can win with this style. It happens every year in Europe. We negated it with hard work and skill in both legs. I'd say that is reason to be ecstatic. Apparently I'm wrong. People on the forum were actually angry that our players were celebrating the victory that took us to the semi-final in Europe. People were calling Marchisio useless in the match he scored the goal that sealed our progression to the SFs. They were also calling for Conte's head because apparently, Simeone and Klopp would not have struggled like this (ignoring the fact that Klopp's Dortmund has only 58 points this year and Simeone was knocked out of Europa in round of 32 by Rubin Kazan last year, much more embarrassing a result than any of Conte's in his entire Juventus coaching career).

So many overrated fans. It's pathetic.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Overreactions are everywhere, but it's a forum, so people posting formations, wanted players, stating displeasure over certain developments in our club is natural and despite some utter idiocy shown at times we shouldn't judge. You can ignore, respond or if in some cases it is clear that people involved are completely out of their mind, laugh ffs, find some humor in it. I could respond to so many illogical things and enter numerous debates, but those are all trifles after all.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Overreactions are everywhere, but it's a forum, so people posting formations, wanted players, stating displeasure over certain developments in our club is natural and despite some utter idiocy shown at times we shouldn't judge. You can ignore, respond or if in some cases it is clear that people involved are completely out of their mind, laugh ffs, find some humor in it. I could respond to so many illogical things and enter numerous debates, but those are all trifles after all.
I mostly laugh and shake my head simultaneously. Lately though, it seems the spite directed towards our side is almost unbearable. It's way too prevalent in the forum, considering how often we're winning.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
And all this carry on is after a game WE WON that took us to the semi finals of Europe for the first time in YEARS :lol:
Mate, I'm getting pretty sick of it too. Constant dick riding of every other clubs coach and players, over the top, non stop and repetitive bullshit (HI RAKIB!) about our formations, transfers, playing styles. This forum has been fucked for the better part of a year tbh.
Unbelievable isn't it? If you were to only know what some of these members on this forum say you would think we're a relegation squad. Meanwhile we're sitting on top of Serie with 84 points with a nice cushion in between Roma and we just advanced to the semifinals of the EL. And then we have to hear some of them jerk other players and managers off? Fack off.

- - - Updated - - -

It's that pathetic overreaction to every single match where we don't destroy the opposition. Knee-jerk reactions? Yes. I think we've scored in every match but 3 this season. Gala in the snow (which was obviously an outlier), Napoli in league away while exhausted, and Roma in Coppa away, while playing a reserve squad. We are a very good attacking side in actuality.

People like Linebreak, Napoleonic, Dukac, Vialli, Rakib, Bashir, JCK, etc behaving as though the apocalypse has happened because, god forbid, other sides are competitive in matches with Juve. It seems they have this bizarre idea that Juve should walk over every single opponent we face, because those sides apparently have no desire to play for a result against us, and even if they do, we should walk over them anyways. We've been out-chanced in like 4-5 matches all season. 4-5 matches in over 40. We still occasionally have trouble with profligacy in front of goal. Even teams like Barca, Real, Bayern, ManCity, PSG with their 100-200 million dollar attacks have these problems at times.

I mean, it's seriously disrespectful to our club and players to call our performances disgraceful and pathetic. How is that even allowed? We win against Parma, and we have people like Dukac calling our performance the most disgraceful thing he has ever witnessed because (and apparently this wasn't obviously going to happen) we were wasteful with our chances for the first 15 minutes they were down a man, and they threw the kitchen sink at us for the last 10 minutes of the match in search of a draw. It took a fluke once in a lifetime wonder strike from a mediocre player for them to even get within a goal of us. We dominated the match for 90% of it. But no, because we defended our lead for the last 10-15 minutes, it was disgraceful.

Same with Lyon yesterday. They had not a single chance in the second half worth mentioning. We had 4-5 great chances, and likely should have scored 2-3. We won regardless and won by two goals on aggregate against a side that's whole game plan was to man mark us so tightly in hopes that we would not score, and hope that somehow they'd take advantage of the 1-2 chances they'd possibly get in the match. Lesser teams can win with this style. It happens every year in Europe. We negated it with hard work and skill in both legs. I'd say that is reason to be ecstatic. Apparently I'm wrong. People on the forum were actually angry that our players were celebrating the victory that took us to the semi-final in Europe. People were calling Marchisio useless in the match he scored the goal that sealed our progression to the SFs. They were also calling for Conte's head because apparently, Simeone and Klopp would not have struggled like this (ignoring the fact that Klopp's Dortmund has only 58 points this year and Simeone was knocked out of Europa in round of 32 by Rubin Kazan last year, much more embarrassing a result than any of Conte's in his entire Juventus coaching career).

So many overrated fans. It's pathetic.
:tup:

So pathetic.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Thank god for you guys and your posts. Reminds me of how good this forum once was.

I seriously saw someone propose we hire the Verona manager to replace Conte. Wat

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Anyways, this is a pretty interesting stretch for Conte. We have a tough tie against Benfica and we have some serious rotations to make in Serie A. And I honestly don't expect Vidal to play much more in this season.

There are some answers to our lack of CMs. You could play Isla there. You could play Padoin. You could switch to a 2 man midfield and play Giovinco and Isla/Vucinic wide against some small Serie A teams in order to rest Pirlo for Benfica.

You could put Asamoah at CM and Peluso or Isla at LWB.

He still has lots of options but I want to see some creativity to get us through these tough times.

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
lol @ people who dont think juventus play attacking football

2013/2014: 32 games. goals for: 69. against: 22
2012/2013: 38 games. goals for: 71. against: 24
2011/2012: 38 games. goals for: 68. against: 20

$#@!ing lol at losers like rakib, Klin, JCK, bashir and others who think juventus doesn't play attacking football. if anything this is proof that it's the defense that keeps suffering.

what's more we have a player who is likelky to end up top serie a scorer in his first season. but nah we play anti football.

LOL... So I'm a loser for wanting and expecting more from a top-tier club.

I don't think I've mentioned Juventus not playing attacking football literally, if I did, quote me. There are numerous quotes about not extending Pirlos contract and benching Bonucci.

The only thing that should stay consistent is progression from both a squad and tactical level.

Losers are people that are settled with what they have.

Don't get it twisted waryaa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)