Antonio Conte (40 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
“Capello’s sides broke records and their two titles were revoked, but I don’t remember their style of football. I remember Marcello Lippi’s team and even Giovanni Trapattoni's, as they played well, but Capello’s era is famous only for the revocation.
Not quite sure what Conte's point is.

Conte is best known for a match-fixing ban.

Juve are best know for cheating one way or another.

Apr 8, 2013
Not quite sure what Conte's point is.

Conte is best known for a match-fixing ban.

Juve are best know for cheating one way or another.
Those quote reported are wrong, cause Conte said that those 2 scudetti were unfairly revoked (I listened to it live) and to Mediaset said that to revoke them was a bullshit. And I'm astonished that someone can think that Conte could have actually said something who can criticizes Juve's history, being probably the first fan before being the coach. And the sentences you said are even more wrong, but that's not really interesting.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Those quote reported are wrong, cause Conte said that those 2 scudetti were unfairly revoked (I listened to it live) and to Mediaset said that to revoke them was a bullshit. And I'm astonished that smeone can think that Conte could have actually said something who can criticizes Juve's history, being probably the first fan before being the coach. And the sentences you said are even more wrong, but that's not really interesting.
^^^

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Just have a look at Liverpool's lineup against us in the home leg in 2005 :sergio: We probably had one of, if not, the strongest team in Europe in 2005-2006. His failures against both the Scousers and Arsenal were just embarrassing.

Capello should just shut the fuck up. We played disgusting, boring and monotonous football under him and we sucked hard in the CL with him as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Those quote reported are wrong, cause Conte said that those 2 scudetti were unfairly revoked (I listened to it live) and to Mediaset said that to revoke them was a bull$#@!. And I'm astonished that someone can think that Conte could have actually said something who can criticizes Juve's history, being probably the first fan before being the coach. And the sentences you said are even more wrong, but that's not really interesting.
Red got owned there, well done.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I like Conte respond.Capello had ,maybe the best team,sure for Italy but maybe in Europe and win nothing,nothing exept scudetto.And his style of football is ultra boring.He would play with 10 defensive midfielders ,not to comcede a goal and eventually some of his team will put one.Most of the games of his era ended 1-0 for us.Thats why he was fired from Real Madrid THE SAME YEAR he win the title because(the explanation ) of the board of Madrid was that he played boring-non attacking football.And not to mention that in February the same year he came to Juve he says that he will coach everywhere other the one team-Juve.In June he become our manager.Pure mercenary is that guy who fantastically knows to sell himself.I repeat Conte is Juventino Capello is a mercenary.He got every player he wishes due to skill(and money) of mighty Moggi and wins nothing in Europe.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Conte > Capello.
:howler: I love Conte, but ffs!! Until Conte actually wins in Europe (and not a mediocre and non-competitive Serie A) then there is no basis for comparison.

I love what Conte has done, and the records he has set here, but he can't be mentioned in the same breath as guys like Lippi, Ferguson, Trap, Ancelotti, or even Crapello.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
:howler: I love Conte, but ffs!! Until Conte actually wins in Europe (and not a mediocre and non-competitive Serie A) then there is no basis for comparison.

I love what Conte has done, and the records he has set here, but he can't be mentioned in the same breath as guys like Lippi, Ferguson, Trap, Ancelotti, or even Crapello.
Ya Conte is good coach, but till he proves he can win more than just the scudetto in the current state of Serie A, for me he is along Mancini. Damn even Mancini, has won something outside the comfort of Inter Milan.

As much as we are giving the credit to Conte, we should not undervalue the importance of having a new Stadium and the timely signing of Vidal and Pirlo that started this whole revolution.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Capello only ever won ONE CL and that was with one of the strongest football teams of all times. He only ever went to massive teams who were always favourites for the title (Milan, Juve, Real Madrid)

Tbh, his only truly impressive feat was winning a Scudetto with Roma and even that was when Roma used to spend massive amounts on players.

Will not surprise me at all to see Conte surpass Crapello's achievements in football management.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This whole managed big teams BS is redundant my friend. It goes both ways. If those big teams didn't want him, he wouldn't have been coaching there. It's that simple. Yes,he was fortunate, but in life you create your own luck. I don't like Crapello, but the way he destroyed Barca (who were the huge favorites, especially considering the players Milan were missing that day) remains an impressive feat.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
This whole managed big teams BS is redundant my friend. It goes both ways. If those big teams didn't want him, he wouldn't have been coaching there. It's that simple. Yes,he was fortunate, but in life you create your own luck. I don't like Crapello, but the way he destroyed Barca (who were the huge favorites, especially considering the players Milan were missing that day) remains an impressive feat.
Exactly he destroyed the so called Dream team back then.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Dream team :lol: Barca were the biggest chokers in European football in those days.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah,Conte has nothing over Capello atm.Silly comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Capello only ever won ONE CL and that was with one of the strongest football teams of all times. He only ever went to massive teams who were always favourites for the title (Milan, Juve, Real Madrid)

Tbh, his only truly impressive feat was winning a Scudetto with Roma and even that was when Roma used to spend massive amounts on players.

Will not surprise me at all to see Conte surpass Crapello's achievements in football management.
Madrid were NOT favorites for the title back when he coached them.Barca were at the back of a CL and League double back then(Madrid finished 12 points below them in the previous season) and they had an incredible team,better than Madrid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)