Antonio Conte (195 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
He tactically beat the crap out of Garcia tonight. When the situations called for attacking, we attacked, when we had to be more alert and defend, we stayed compact and defended. We completely neutralized Gervinho and Maicon tonight, and you could see that those two were attacking weapons that Garcia intended to use alot. In an early stage of the match, we even sat back and played some kind of counterattacking football, as if Conte knew from the start that Roma would come out firing on all cylinders, which they did. And when Roma tired of their efforts, we shifted back into our usual play of possession football and dominating the game.

A brilliant game by Conte, all in all. Made the right subs as well, to prevent suspensions for the next match. Barzagli wasn't subbed of course, but there was a low risk of him picking up a yellow. Unfortunately he did, but shit happens.

Conte gets 10/10 from me tonight.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
He tactically beat the crap out of Garcia tonight. When the situations called for attacking, we attacked, when we had to be more alert and defend, we stayed compact and defended. We completely neutralized Gervinho and Maicon tonight, and you could see that those two were attacking weapons that Garcia intended to use alot. In an early stage of the match, we even sat back and played some kind of counterattacking football, as if Conte knew from the start that Roma would come out firing on all cylinders, which they did. And when Roma tired of their efforts, we shifted back into our usual play of possession football and dominating the game.

A brilliant game by Conte, all in all. Made the right subs as well, to prevent suspensions for the next match. Barzagli wasn't subbed of course, but there was a low risk of him picking up a yellow. Unfortunately he did, but shit happens.

:touched: So touching.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003

:tup:

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004

A brilliant game by Conte, all in all. Made the right subs as well, to prevent suspensions for the next match. Barzagli wasn't subbed of course, but there was a low risk of him picking up a yellow. Unfortunately he did, but $#@! happens.

Wow , you make it seems like a great thing to stop a 33 has been FB, and a EPL flop. How much would you have gave Conte if we stop Sneijder and Drogba ?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Wow , you make it seems like a great thing to stop a 33 has been FB, and a EPL flop. How much would you have gave Conte if we stop Sneijder and Drogba ?
The match in Istanbul made it difficult to deploy any tactics whatsoever, due to the weather, so I don't see why it should be used to prove a dacdical point. It was all kick and run and track back when the ball got stuck in the mud, as well as loofing the ball forward and hoping for the best. Can't blame the coach in that match, if you ask me.

As for Maicon and Gervinho, I was merely pointing out that Roma's tactics relied on them attacking alot and that Conte knew it and had clearly told players like Asamoah, Chiellini, Barzagli and Lichtsteiner to deal with them. Maicon isn't what he used to be, but he's still very good, and he's been a major part of Roma's success this season. The same can be said about Gervinho, even though he makes many mistakes. He's still a danger. Anyway, it's not Conte's job to ignore players like these because they aren't who they were anymore or something like that, his job is to look at how Roma will approach the game, how they're gonna attack/defend, and then make his decisions. I think how we took their flanks out of the match was very impressive, and it helped us win.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Doesnt change the fact that we looled more than happy to wait out a draw in Istanbul while the Turks, regardless of the conditions, pushed hard for the victory.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
The match in Istanbul made it difficult to deploy any tactics whatsoever, due to the weather, so I don't see why it should be used to prove a dacdical point. It was all kick and run and track back when the ball got stuck in the mud, as well as loofing the ball forward and hoping for the best. Can't blame the coach in that match, if you ask me.

As for Maicon and Gervinho, I was merely pointing out that Roma's tactics relied on them attacking alot and that Conte knew it and had clearly told players like Asamoah, Chiellini, Barzagli and Lichtsteiner to deal with them. Maicon isn't what he used to be, but he's still very good, and he's been a major part of Roma's success this season. The same can be said about Gervinho, even though he makes many mistakes. He's still a danger. Anyway, it's not Conte's job to ignore players like these because they aren't who they were anymore or something like that, his job is to look at how Roma will approach the game, how they're gonna attack/defend, and then make his decisions. I think how we took their flanks out of the match was very impressive, and it helped us win.
I don't see how when the team win its all down to the coach and we lose its not because the coach . Lets forget about what happened in CL then, we can't compete with the financials of Copenhagen and Gala.

What about EL? Too me , we look like clear favourites to win it. Where would you put Conte then if he fails to deliver the EL, after all he did say he wants to win it.

Doesnt change the fact that we looled more than happy to wait out a draw in Istanbul while the Turks, regardless of the conditions, pushed hard for the victory.
:agree:

And Conte keep harping about how the pitch destroyed them, I doubt he be talking about the pitch if we went through. And its not like we are playing on the bad pitch alone, even Gala was playing on it.

Jan 1, 2014
juventus use short passing. Gala uses kick and rush to pogba.

On potatoe field, short passing is impossible, men who have played football know that.
Kick and rush works on every ground

Juve was in control, like against roma. Everybody now says how impressive juventus against roma was. One goal does alot to perception of forum poster here.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
juventus use short passing. Gala uses kick and rush to pogba.

On potatoe field, short passing is impossible, men who have played football know that.
Kick and rush works on every ground

Juve was in control, like against roma. Everybody now says how impressive juventus against roma was. One goal does alot to perception of forum poster here.
So even the Juve players knew that, and all the sudden you start make us feel like we are Barcelona playing tiki-taka. Bullocks.

If you think its about that one goal, you are wrong. Its about how we manage to get only one win and 3 draws in a group with Gala and Copenhagen.
A good coach never leaves it to the end. Its funny how we can steam rolled all the clubs in Serie A but have problems with Gala and Copenhagen.

Well its easier to live in denial, rather than admit the truth.

Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona is not only short passing team lol. Juventus did not have problem with Galasataray and Copenhagen.

Juventus was complacent and lazy at season start. Copenhagen second game, and Galatasaray before suspended , juventus was very good.
Juventus lost 4 points in serie a, and on normal field would never lose from Galasataray.
Its very easy to say we are bad. It takes 3 words. Understand why takes more efford. We were lazy and unlucky in last game due to conditions of weather.

Move on. Upset happens every year. Always mixture of bad luck and circumstance

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So even the Juve players knew that, and all the sudden you start make us feel like we are Barcelona playing tiki-taka. Bullocks.
It affected our normal game, no matter which point you are trying to make. We should have played a bit differently, sure, but it's been gone over a million times why GS were hoofball attacking and we were stuck in limbo, should be obvious.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Barcelona is not only short passing team lol. Juventus did not have problem with Galasataray and Copenhagen.

Juventus was complacent and lazy at season start. Copenhagen second game, and Galatasaray before suspended , juventus was very good.
Juventus lost 4 points in serie a, and on normal field would never lose from Galasataray.
Its very easy to say we are bad. It takes 3 words. Understand why takes more efford. We were lazy and unlucky in last game due to conditions of weather.

Move on. Upset happens every year. Always mixture of bad luck and circumstance
Uh, oh. Zach attack :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 188)