Antonio Conte (155 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well, the team was well organised and invited them onto our half.

We got 2 good counters, and from a lost cross, llorente nearly scored, but after 25 mins, right before the snow, gala's tempo was allready going down and we were seriously moving the play forward.

Its interesting to see how gala went all out on marking Pogba, to prevent good buildup. This can be a massive factor in the resumed game, as conte could try to see ways around this. But allready Pogba was once again adapting increadibly well to that

Having a shorter game has the disadvantage that gala can go beserk for much longer, but on the other hand, we now saw how they were gonna do this, and how they wanted to shut us up

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the team was well organised and invited them onto our half.

We got 2 good counters, and from a lost cross, llorente nearly scored, but after 25 mins, right before the snow, gala's tempo was allready going down and we were seriously moving the play forward.

Its interesting to see how gala went all out on marking Pogba, to prevent good buildup. This can be a massive factor in the resumed game, as conte could try to see ways around this. But allready Pogba was once again adapting increadibly well to that

Having a shorter game has the disadvantage that gala can go beserk for much longer, but on the other hand, we now saw how they were gonna do this, and how they wanted to shut us up

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We gave too much space early for crosses from Eboue and Riera but I noticed Marchisio in particular started to push up and out towards the flank more to take that away.

They are hoping to get in crosses even from well outside the box and poor angles. It's like Celtic from last year.

Pogba wrecked Sneijder at least twice and stopped a counter really well from Eboue. He was playing great. I think our possession needs to be aimed more at Llorente instead of the flanks. I don't like how Llorente was making diagonal runs to the corner flag, that's useless for us. There is no cover for Chedjou. On Llorente's chance there was a clear gap between their 3 at the back and the 4 mids, no one was tracking back from the midfield to the penalty spot - which is to be expected in a 3-4-1-2. As expected Sneijder did nothing in his final 3rd defensively.

Zach is right that the stoppage helps them because they were already looking weary but now they get some rest and get to give a full burst for only 60 minutes while our guys try to find somewhere to sleep tonight.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i eagerly await zach, salv, jay and others to tell me how 3-5-2 has been amazing.

good job conte. this is what your lack of adaption and stubrness has wrought

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You know they are pumping long balls all game, and you get caught with a 3 on 3 at the top of your box? And it's the same situation as our first game with them. Long ball, 1 on 1s right in front of your box. How is it even numbers that close to our net, my god.

Put 4 fucking defenders in a fucking line you idiot. Jesus christ. Learn something.

4 games against the Danes and Gala and you produce 1 win at home.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Conte has a system which dominated Italy for 3 years. He opted for a very conservative approach, knowing we wouldn´t be competitive in Europe but keeping it to dominate nationally. He doesn't want to risk changing it and failling both in Italy and Europe.

Now mentality must change. They must go for European players, not only the ones playing in Italy. Gotta think about Europe.

$#@!ing Nainggolan won´t come in january, which is good, because it gives the club space to rethink the system and aim for Europe. With Nainggolan, Conte would be stuck with this $#@!ing system forever.

Let's hope this will cause a change of mentality. We really need it.

I really would like to see an European coach now. Conte is amazing for Italy, not good enough for Europe. If he doesn't change the fucking system till the end of the season, let him go and get me some Klopp or something.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
For me this team just lacks attacking prowess to be a top european side no matter how much clowns like Zacheryah spout bullshit after bullshit and make Milan 2007 references.

Jul 1, 2010
Now hopefully this makes him push Marotta to buy quality wingers and a LB to switch to another formation.

We'll never get anywhere in the CL with the 3-5-2. We were eliminated because of our first two games.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
defend, and get the 1 point..i was so frustrated seeing we still wanted to play like we usually do in those conditions, come on conte, that was fucked up decision to still try to attack and play possession, go ahead and play shitty defensive football and just long balls and waste more time..thiss is fucked!!!

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Now hopefully this makes him push Marotta to buy quality wingers and a LB to switch to another formation.

We'll never get anywhere in the CL with the 3-5-2. We were eliminated because of our first two games.
BUT WE DONT NEED THEM ,WE HAVE THE BEST DEFENSE, WE HAVE PIRLO WE HAVE TEVEZ !!!!! WE DONT NEED ATTACKERS !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 155)