Antonio Conte (18 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How about we play buffon as our main striker? After all if Licht can make the change from RB to RWB then Buffon can play as a striker.

On a more serious note mr.dumb argument, our wing backs support our strikers, midfield and defense and them being part of our midfield keeps them closest to the midfield players thereby helping the team dominate possession and helping defenders in the defensive phases of the game and the strikers in the offensive phases. The 4-3-3 is much less defensive especially when your suggested wingers are the lazy vucinic and the midget who can't defend or trackback to save their lives. Also Pirlo would be much less protected and is not a defensive player in any sense.

4-3-3 is far from suited to our players and the 3-5-2 has been massively successful so far. In its first season we won the scudetto and in its first test in Europe we topped a very difficult group and lost to the eventual winners who crushed all their opponents in a manner much more humiliating than our defeat (superior teams too). The team is used to the 3-5-2 and have memorized the tactics for it over the last 2 years. You want to throw all that success and all that growth away so that giovinco starts and may turn out to be less crappy player than we currently think he is?

In your dream 4-3-3 world, what would have been Juve's achievements over the past two seasons? 2 scudettos and a QF exit to bayern or perhaps two consecutive TREBLES!!!:snoop:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The problem with relying on Pirlo is that he can't actually speed up the game. He can control the tempo but only from slow to slower.

He gets run through in Champions League. Teams don't wait for him to control the tempo, they just run at him all game, foul him, take the ball, whatever. It's a different game in CL.
:lol: You know Pirlo has won the damn thing, right?

By the way Pirlo is a fantastic and fairly unique player but he's not completely irreplaceable. There are other great passing midfielders on the market.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
@napoleonic

If Tevez was a better AM than a striker, Asa a better winger than WB, Bonbon a better CB than a ball playing defender, Pirlo a better central midfielder than a regista, Vuci a better winger than a striker, Chiello a better fullback than a CB then I'd say you are making some sense. But sadly it is your argument and counter argument that are dumb my friend.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
@napoleonic

If Tevez was a better AM than a striker, Asa a better winger than WB, Bonbon a better CB than a ball playing defender, Pirlo a better central midfielder than a regista, Vuci a better winger than a striker, Chiello a better fullback than a CB then I'd say you are making some sense. But sadly it is your argument and counter argument that are dumb my friend.
twisting my words won't help your cause, I've never said tevez is a better amc than ss, I said tevez is good enough as amc especially when he won't play wide.

I'm sorry that you are dumb enough not to be able to understand why having a litch behind isla on the right side is better than one of them alone to cover the entire side, the same thing on the left.

litch - barza - chiellini - ogbonna

vidal - pogba

isla - tevez - asamoah/giovinco

llorente

no reason why such plan can't work especially WITHOUT even trying to.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think he's rotating for the sake of it.

Aside from fitness, I think Conte has a pretty clear idea in his head of what sort of forward he wants to play in each game to try and open up the opposition.

I'd have gone for Llorente and crosses against a packed Torino defence, but Conte went completely the other way to get Giovinco making darting runs in the spaces between the centre halves to try and get behind the defence, which was a reasonable tactic and wasn't entirely unsuccessful.

Certainly wouldn't have seen the sense in playing Quagliarella or Vucinic (as a partner for Tevez) in that particular game.
:lol2:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So had we played with a 4-3-3 we would have defeated Bayern? Giovinco would have raped that Bayern defense like we all know he can.
Juve has not been successful in the past couple of years. I have surely heard it all.
Of course not, at least not with players at our disposal. It's pretty obvious what we need for that kind of tactical setup so I'm not gonna repeat it over and over again.

As for success in the last 2 years this should and must be club's standard not something people will cling on to whenever someone suggests tactical change. I guess you've seen us play recently?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I guess you've seen us play recently?
Dont lose ur time. Him and Zach wil defend this 352 till the very end.

Ironically, im a fan of this 352, but still think that we should have a variable just in case, and buy at least one really offensive winger.

In th elast 3 games we have been sub par... but at the same time...all teams have parked the bus against us. Thats worrisome.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
twisting my words won't help your cause, I've never said tevez is a better amc than ss, I said tevez is good enough as amc especially when he won't play wide.

I'm sorry that you are dumb enough not to be able to understand why having a litch behind isla on the right side is better than one of them alone to cover the entire side, the same thing on the left.

litch - barza - chiellini - ogbonna

vidal - pogba

isla - tevez - asamoah/giovinco

llorente

no reason why such plan can't work especially WITHOUT even trying to.
:D you are a genius

- - - Updated - - -

Dont lose ur time. Him and Zach wil defend this 352 till the very end.

Ironically, im a fan of this 352, but still think that we should have a variable just in case, and buy at least one really offensive winger.

In th elast 3 games we have been sub par... but at the same time...all teams have parked the bus against us. Thats worrisome.
I'll continue to defend it until we start underachieving and I see the 4-3-3 as the only way forward. As of now we are really close from having a complete squad suited for the 3-5-2. Until our primary formation is perfected then and only then should we start purchasing players who are natural wingers to have a 4-3-3.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Why wait so long? I would like Juve to be proactive rather than reactive. The latest rumors on the market kinda suggest that we're in for a winger. It would give us new dimension in our play. Having an offensive winger capable of taking on his marker would make us less predictable and would help us to overcome teams who park the bus with little less difficulties.

Dec 31, 2008
Why wait so long? I would like Juve to be proactive rather than reactive. The latest rumors on the market kinda suggest that we're in for a winger. It would give us new dimension in our play. Having an offensive winger capable of taking on his marker would make us less predictable and would help us to overcome teams who park the bus with little less difficulties.
the basics of technology sales :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)