Antonio Conte (138 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Is that really preferable to fielding the same players thusly:

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

Vidal-Pogba-Asamoah

Tevez--Llorente--Vucinic​
A 4-3-3 with workrate, and all our best players in the team, in more or less their best position.

Without pirlo, we shouldnt think twice about this formation. Even if i still think its to soon to field pogba instead of marchisio in it.

I'd say tevez is superior in everything compared to pepe. Hence, even in terms of aggression. He'll bring it when asked

- - - Updated - - -

First time in a year i see a 4-3-3 that is rocksolid.

Wel Hust, i'd like to see this formation in action tbh

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
A 4-3-3 with workrate, and all our best players in the team, in more or less their best position.

Without pirlo, we shouldnt think twice about this formation. Even if i still think its to soon to field pogba instead of marchisio in it.

I'd say tevez is superior in everything compared to pepe. Hence, even in terms of aggression. He'll bring it when asked

- - - Updated - - -

This.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

And when I posted this exact same formation in tactics thread or something like that about month ago you weren't so agreeable. :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There were 4-3-3 games in Conte's first year which we dominated from beginning to end in a way we've never done in any 3-5-2 games and there's been a truck load more of them.
:agree:

Our fluid was fantastic in ball movement now it's so predictable. Our overlap play with the mids surging forward and the 3 at the front in tandem making runs creating havoc on opposition defenses.

Our overall play was better and much harder to predict. That's when marchisio was at his best as well, same goes for pirlo. More targets in front and further up the pitch.

:fap:

- - - Updated - - -

Now we have a real striker (not matri) and tevez a genuine world beater. Get mirko firing on all cylinders and my god we have a deadly attack in a 433z

Kxosisjshuahhahzhbzhaja

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

Our fluid was fantastic in ball movement now it's so predictable. Our overlap play with the mids surging forward and the 3 at the front in tandem making runs creating havoc on opposition defenses.

Our overall play was better and much harder to predict. That's when marchisio was at his best as well, same goes for pirlo. More targets in front and further up the pitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Now we have a real striker (not matri) and tevez a genuine world beater. Get mirko firing on all cylinders and my god we have a deadly attack in a 433z

Kxosisjshuahhahzhbzhaja
Must admit this is true.

I feel that one of the main reasons Conte uses a 3-5-2 is because it gives you an extra bit of defensive cover - basically a negative reason. Don't understand why you wouldn't at least use it against weaker teams. You have to take a risk to reap results.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And when I posted this exact same formation in tactics thread or something like that about month ago you weren't so agreeable. :D
Wel i still like the 3-5-2 more, but its about getting as much quality out on the field, and as much possible from every player

Since then :

Pirlo declined
Tevez is a bomb and took over pirlo's creativity and then some
Vucinic keeps beeing a boss
3 man backline still ball'n
Marchisio out

Suddenly we got 2 quality cm's and pirlo, cause awesomoah is on the flank.

THE big problem at our formation currently is that the buildup is going back cause pirlo isnt the same anymore. And without pirlo, playing a registaformation doesnt make sense
Pogby isnt a regista. and far to young to play there. Verratti is that, but we dont have him.

So, 3 quality cm's ? Tevez and Vucinic ball'n ? Wel, both are equally effective on the flank, and Llorente should play lone striker ?

Fuck it, 4-3-3 is the solution, as long as pirlo is in this shape.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Kxosisjshuahhahzhbzhaja
The best part, is that is a 4-3-3, without "lolgiovinco on the flank". Tevez and Vucinic give that technical ability and workrate we need.

Tevez cutting inside ? omfg yes.

I'll want to see the team that doesnt get bulldozed by vidal-pogby-awesomoah eighter

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ok , now this thread is going somewhere

Buffon
Barza-Bonbon-Chiello
Licht-Vidal-Pogba-Asamoah
Tevez-Llorente-Vucinic
I really like that

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

Vidal-Pogba-Asamoah

Tevez--Llorente--Vucinic
oh i like this too!!

It seems that the bombardment of critics made a crack in Conte´s adamantium skull or something?.

Still i have to see it first, to believe it. Our good old captain is being stubborn as of late.

He NEEDS to develop a secondary formation.. now more than ever that we have competent midfielders and an array of different forwards to play with.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
Reports saying we might go with a 3-4-3. Would prefer a 4-3-3 as someone pointed out but still, I'd love to see a change in our formation. Hope to see Llorente aswell.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I even like him trying to sue Giovinco on the left side for once. Maybe our little atomic ant can explode in that falnk when using the trident formations.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
hey zach, just outta curiosity, don't you think verratti is also too young to be playing the regista role for a team like Juve? He's the same age as Pogba.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
hey zach, just outta curiosity, don't you think verratti is also too young to be playing the regista role for a team like Juve? He's the same age as Pogba.
Well, while Pogba is a box-to-box mid in the making, verratti is a regista in the making first of all.
But to answer your question, the same rules apply but with a key diffrence.

Regista is a pretty goddamn hard role to do. Especially at their age. As i said, when pogba plays there, the team needs to carry him.
Same applies for verratti. He is carried by others around him.

Compared to pirlo, xavi, xabi alonso,... they simply are years behind to run the position without help or protection.
talking about pirlo, he reached the decaypoint, where he actually needs protection, cause he got prone to getting pressed. But partially, the lack of passingrange of the current cm's : marchisio and vidal, is also a big factor here.

Now the thing is, Pogba is a box to box. When he matures, he'll be a massive asset as a cm. Partially because he does got that passing range, ability to spread the play and calmness/controll/vision on the ball. Marchisio and vidal dont.
For this reason, we should get him 30+games a season as a first sub. But in the cm's position.
Playing pogba as regista, is asking for issues. He doesnt offer what a regista needs to offer. Only when several players are changing their game, and he can run freely, then he becomes better. But why ? it has been pretty clear that playing Pogba as a CM with liberty to make forward runs, has shown remarkable good results. Pogba needs to be further up the pitch. He's most effective there, whilst he isnt as a regista.

Verratti, is a whole diffrent story. Verratti needs to be carried aswel, make no mistake. But unlike pogba, he delivers WAY more from the regista spot.
Verratti cannot play advanced like pogba. He's to slow. He doesnt have the burst or finishing, not the stamina to press players. Just like pirlo, he should focus on running down opponent passing lanes.
But the effectiveness of verratti, is the way he can lay the play from deep, and is a constant threat with long balls. Verratti's pace keeps him from playing further, but his passing range allows this position. Like pirlo, when he sends the team forward, he can move up, and be the passing connection.

So to summarise, both players need to be carried by the team if they'd play regista. However verratti is allready pretty effective there where Pogba isnt. On the other hand, Pogba is allready pushing marchisio's box to box spot.

Did i cover everything ?

- - - Updated - - -

I even like him trying to sue Giovinco on the left side for once. Maybe our little atomic ant can explode in that falnk when using the trident formations.
Dont make me resent the 4-3-3 idea by statements like this !

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yes, very good explanation. :tup: I totally agree about Pogba's ability being limited if he has to stick deep. I guess my other question is, if we get Verratti, do we start him? Or do we just give him 30+ games as a first sub?

I'd rather we get Xabi too. Pirlo probably has one year left and I don't see us renewing his contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)