Antonio Conte (60 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
You could see the sadness in his eyes when speaking about not being able to sign Jovetic. He obviously has very clear ideas about not only how to use him, but also how to develop him.

It's a shame we won't get to see that happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha did you guys see "SOON-Wolverine" there, in the background? :D

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
You could see the sadness in his eyes when speaking about not being able to sign Jovetic. He obviously has very clear ideas about not only how to use him, but also how to develop him.

It's a shame we won't get to see that happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha did you guys see "SOON-Wolverine" there, in the background? :D
He even forgot what he was asked about after talking about Jojo!!You could see it was a sad topic for him!!!

P.S
He didn't answer the question about formations ideas........crap.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Conte: We'll go for historic third
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte has claimed that his Juventus side will go for a 'historic' third Scudetto this season, but has admitted it will be tough.

The Bianconeri have strengthened heavily this summer, bringing in Fernando Llorente from Athletic Bilbao and Carlos Tevez from Manchester City.

But the Coach believes this term will be as tough as ever.

“We are starting this third season after two extraordinary vintages,” he told a Press conference.

“To win in the third year would be historic. But we know it's going to be very difficult to repeat. If we work hard though, we can do something historic.

“Beyond those arriving and those leaving the important thing is to have the desire to win.

“In these past two years, we have written an important page in our history. We got back to the image that Juventus have always sought.

“But the past counts for nothing now. We have to take on board what we have done over these past few years, but if there is no humility then we will not achieve a thing.

“We are working to continue to grow. We have done some extraordinary business – to increase the quality in attack like we have for only €9m is magnificent.

“Tevez works well in our philosophy, but it's not the number on his back that counts, it what he does on the pitch.”

The tactician then commented on Edinson Cavani's potential departure from Napoli, and the Old Lady's other Serie A rivals.

“I think PSG paying €63m for Cavani is a gift to Napoli. I would have preferred the Matador to stay. With him, we normally always beat them.

“Napoli will reinvest that 63m and moreover, now they have Benitez. He has won everything as a Coach and for me is underrated.

“Inter have a great Coach and Milan only lost once in the second half of last season.

“Fiorentina are also becoming a great side with Gomez coming in.

“The arrival of Rudi Garcia will help Roma. He did very well in France.”

- - - Updated - - -

Conte: “Let’s keep pushing on”

Shrewd operations in the transfer market, the need for hard work and a historic third successive Scudetto on the agenda as the manager conducts his first press conference of the 2013/14 campaign in Vinovo

In his first press conference of the 2013/14 campaign, Antonio Conte stressed that his main aim for the Juventus team this season is growth, and in that regard he believes they have already been extraordinarily successful.

He expressed his delight at the way in which the club has acquitted itself in the transfer market despite not enjoying the stratospheric financial resources of other European giants, describing how his squad has been significantly strengthened by the signings of Carlos Tévez and Fernando Llorente.

Warning of the threats of Napoli, Inter, Milan and Fiorentina amongst others, the 43-year-old said that it would be very difficult to repeat the great success of last season. However, with a determined work ethic and passionate displays on the pitch it is not unreasonable, Conte believes, for the Bianconeri to aim for a historic third successive Scudetto.

Here is a selection of the manager’s quotes from this afternoon’s media conference at Juventus Center in Vinovo:

Growth - “I think that Juventus are working to bring in players who can help us develop year on year, whilst at the same time taking the current economic crisis into account.”

'Extraordinary’ acquisitions
- “As far as I’m concerned, improving the quality of our strikeforce with Tévez and Llorente for just nine million euros represents an extraordinary achievement.”

Player departures - “When you’re bringing in players like Tévez, for nine million euros, in these times of financial crisis, you need to balance that by bringing in nine million from elsewhere, so it’s inevitable there will be some sad departures. I’m got a strong bond with all the lads I’ve worked with over the past two years. They’ve shown me great commitment.”

Aiming for the history books - “Reclaiming our title was very difficult and doing it for a third year would represent a historic achievement, a feat Juventus managed between 1930 and 1935.”

Progress during the Conte era - “In the last two years, Juventus have managed to return to what they represent: a winning team. We’ve regained the image that the club has always held both in Italy and on a worldwide scale.”

Determination and hard work - “We know that if we don’t work with commitment, humility and the desire to push ourselves to the limit on a daily basis, we won’t achieve important goals this season.”

Competition in attack - “We’ve now got six first-team strikers, we’ll see what happens. Everyone knows that I don’t have favourites. I choose my starting line-up based on what I see in training and during the games themselves.”

The number 10 shirt
- “I’m not interested in the number a player wears. What counts is what he shows during the week in training and both on and off the field of play. A player could even wear 124 as far as I’m concerned. What matters is that whoever wears the Juventus shirt honours it in the best possible way, showing desire, passion and commitment.”

Competition in Europe
- “Bayern and Barcelona have reinforced even further, so it’s difficult to see the gap diminishing. We must work a great deal on the pitch, there’s no way we can think about shortening the gap through signings, the others are too far ahead. We’ll bring in three players for 20 million, while the others buy one for 30. Or even 63 million, as we saw with PSG and Cavani.”

Domestic rivals - “Napoli have hired a great manager in Benitez, a man who has won everything and is also underrated. As far as the other teams are concerned, Inter have a good squad and an excellent coach. Milan with Balotelli were only defeated by us in the second half of the season.

“There’s also the likes of Fiorentina in the mix, a team who can no longer be considered a provincial side following the acquisition of a player like Gomez. Garcia’s arrival at Roma will bring plenty of enthusiasm and competence. Lazio also have a useful squad and approach the campaign on the back of last season’s Coppa Italia win.”

Strength of Italian football - “I’m happy that foreign greats have chosen to ply their trade here, it’s stimulating for all concerned.”

Juventus.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
BoSs.

I hope he stays here for at least 3 years more. Fuck everyone else.

I don't see him having the same impact he is having here in any team he goes anyways.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
What did he say about Jovetic?
"Too expensive".

- - - Updated - - -

"He has a high price which is justified because we are talking about a great player," the Juve coach told reporters.

"But at these prices, it is obvious that he will not be going to an Italian team, but elsewhere.

I'm sure Conte knows more about football than that Maltese attention seeking bum.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
"Too expensive".

- - - Updated - - -

"He has a high price which is justified because we are talking about a great player," the Juve coach told reporters.

"But at these prices, it is obvious that he will not be going to an Italian team, but elsewhere.

I'm sure Conte knows more about football than that Maltese attention seeking bum.
New bookmark for Jovetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)