Antonio Conte (148 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Well Conte is showing to be very very ambitious. His commitment is with victory, success, his personal success, regardless of where he is. He just wants to reach the top of the top. He is more a professional than a Juve supporter, he said this himself.

Agnelli otherwise has shown to be very very capable and he is commited to Juve's success.

But the ideal picture is definitely to have both of them working together. Fortunately their rapport is said to be very very good.

This moment is so important to Juve. If Agnelli meets Conte's requirements, get him a very good mercato with Higuain + Jovetic and others, the sky will be the limit for Juventus.

The income for the 2012/2013 season was above expected. 280M. Things are looking very good. The stay of Conte is a defining moment for Juventus.

- - - Updated - - -

Marotta is not inside Conte's head.

I've been reading a lot about it. Conte is not joking around, he's not bluffing. GdS published today a big interview with him. When asked whether he'd remain at Juve, he said he'll talk to the board. When asked about this, Alessio and Carrera also said that Conte needs to talk to Agnelli.

Marotta is just doing his job, trying to reassure Juve's supporters. And if Conte leaves, it will be clear that it was his personal option.

But clearly Conte has conditions to be fulfilled in order to stay. Among them a new salary raise.

There's no desperation here... if u read the Italian media, what's going on in the Vecchia Signora forums where they have information first hand you'd know this is not some kind of bitching or crying for nothing. Conte definitely has some requirements to be met. And they're not irrelevant.
No, they're not irrelevant. But they're also not necessarily anything to get worried about - at all. Those Alessio and Carrera comments just mirror what Conte has already said: that he hasn't sat down with upper management yet, to discuss their future together.

That is certainly not surprising, considering that we just won the Scudetto (some celebrations, etc.) and the fact that there are still 3 weeks left in the season.

There are always 'exit' meetings at the end of the season, between management, management/players, etc., etc., to make sure everybody is on the same page. Just give these guys a little bit of breathing room, yeah?

Considering Conte has well exceeded the board's initial expectations, and our financial situation is in good order, it makes sense that he's going to be able to go back to management and ask for a little bit more than they may have anticipated a year ago. Everybody has to be in sync, these things need to be copacetic.

How do you know he'll be asking for more money? That's a pretty new contract he's got now, he's being rewarded fairly well. These meetings, imo, are definitely about the strategy for player acquisitions, they're going to be about our available budget; Conte's using his well earned leverage a bit, and it will probably work out in him getting the players he wants.

I highly doubt he's after Llorente, Higuain, and Jovetic all in the same window, bud. However, in that article he mentioned Bayern's strategy for player acquisitions (carefully targeted players, and the youth system). This, at least to me, means fewer and likely more expensive purchases - as one would expect from a club of Juve's stature - which is a shift away from the volume strategy of the past few years. But this was always coming; Beppe isn't stupid enough to think that a club as successful as our would continue to require so many changes each year.

The club is in an excellent position, atm, I supremely doubt this is going to turn into some Deschamps style situation.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
All you said makes sense.

Thing is. Conte is already the highest payed manager in Italy. He signed a new contract not long ago. In these situations, managers are more assertive and just say they'll stay and get together to plan the next season.

Conte has given many erractic or misterious answers this season, regarding his future. It's not 1 or 2. It's a lot. He probably received a huge offer from one of these damn oil clubs during the season.

It's all speculation, sure, but it makes sense to me.

The source that says Agnelli already agreed to pay him 5M/season and there will be another meeting in one week to discuss a bigger role to be played by Conte within the club, out of the pitch:

http://www.vecchiasignora.com/topic...-e-piu-autonomia-tra-una-settimana-lincontro/

Sources: GdS, Tuttosport, La Stampa

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Obviously talks have been made about the future.

Marotta working hard for Higuain and lining up for Jovetic. (find it hard to believe we can sign both, but anyway)

Conte will probably have made clear the way he wanted to go forward, and when Higuain is signed, he'll extend

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Translating the title: Agnelli, primo sì a Conte: ingaggio a 5 mln. Ma ora Antonio, oltre ai rinforzi, chiede un nuovo staff e più autonomia. Tra una settimana l'incontro

Agnelli, first yes to Conte: salary at 5M. But now Antonio, besides the new signings, asks for a new staff and more authonomy (power). Next meeting in one week

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Well Conte is showing to be very very ambitious. His commitment is with victory, success, his personal success, regardless of where he is. He just wants to reach the top of the top. He is more a professional than a Juve supporter, he said this himself.

Agnelli otherwise has shown to be very very capable and he is commited to Juve's success.

But the ideal picture is definitely to have both of them working together. Fortunately their rapport is said to be very very good.

This moment is so important to Juve. If Agnelli meets Conte's requirements, get him a very good mercato with Higuain + Jovetic and others, the sky will be the limit for Juventus.

The income for the 2012/2013 season was above expected. 280M. Things are looking very good. The stay of Conte is a defining moment for Juventus.

- - - Updated - - -

Lolwut

How many times has Marotta said he's going nowhere as well as Conte himself? Sure, Conte wants quality (like everyone does) but this whole "ermagod he is leaving" crap is going overboard now.
Marotta is not inside Conte's head.

I've been reading a lot about it. Conte is not joking around, he's not bluffing. GdS published today a big interview with him. When asked whether he'd remain at Juve, he said he'll talk to the board. When asked about this, Alessio and Carrera also said that Conte needs to talk to Agnelli.

Marotta is just doing his job, trying to reassure Juve's supporters. And if Conte leaves, it will be clear that it was his personal option.

But clearly Conte has conditions to be fulfilled in order to stay. Among them a new salary raise.

There's no desperation here... if u read the Italian media, what's going on in the Vecchia Signora forums where they have information first hand you'd know this is not some kind of bitching or crying for nothing. Conte definitely has some requirements to be met. And they're not irrelevant.

Well Said. :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Conte having requirements to be met. Yeah, thats true. but you can base that from the interviews.

For the love of god do not base yourself on italian media and vecchia signora. they are wrong most of the time, but people only remember their lucky hits

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If a Coach has a specific way that he plays then he can’t be left out when technical decisions are made.
Speaking to Marotta indirectly there.

Man, Beppe must feel pressured. :D

- - - Updated - - -

If a Coach has a specific way that he plays then he can’t be left out when technical decisions are made.
Speaking to Marotta indirectly there.

Man, Beppe must feel pressured. :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
A good assumption.

The past two years, Beppe tring to bring in players that could fit into conte's system, but mostly were economically ideal.

On the other hands, conte had to reshape his team in order to accustom those new players to the most ideal formation.

Now is a time in wich we can sign 1 premium quality player each year. And now obviously, conte wants to have a say, so the purchases fit his formation the most.

I think its good that a coach has a say in it, but the manager is the one deciding wether its economically doable

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Some heavy politiccin' to go down soon, then. Conte definitely has the upper hand. He doesn't even risk losing rapport with the fans in all of this. The majority of the fans, anyway. If these negotiations fail and Conte leaves, most juventini will see it as a failure by our board.

And yeah, Klin, Beppe should definitely feel pressured right now. If Conte's demands are true, The Great Man's job and entire function is at risk.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
All you said makes sense.

Thing is. Conte is already the highest payed manager in Italy. He signed a new contract not long ago. In these situations, managers are more assertive and just say they'll stay and get together to plan the next season.

Conte has given many erractic or misterious answers this season, regarding his future. It's not 1 or 2. It's a lot. He probably received a huge offer from one of these damn oil clubs during the season.

It's all speculation, sure, but it makes sense to me.

The source that says Agnelli already agreed to pay him 5M/season and there will be another meeting in one week to discuss a bigger role to be played by Conte within the club, out of the pitch:

http://www.vecchiasignora.com/topic...-e-piu-autonomia-tra-una-settimana-lincontro/

Sources: GdS, Tuttosport, La Stampa
I read through the links brother, and it seems like a fairly typical report from the Italian media. A sensational touch, whenever possible :)

There will be teams after Conte, there can be no doubt about that. Which is why media loves to print off all of this stuff, get a ton of fans really nervous - so that they start checking the news every 10 minutes - which creates a huge swell on their news feed. Very good for business, especially when the Scudetto is wrapped up, and silly season has begun.

Conte has been a bit mysterious, but he's just creating a bit of leverage here, imo. He's trying to distance himself from any idea that because he's Juventino and things are good, he'll just accept whatever conditions the club hands him, and sit happily on the bench. The man wants to be in control - clearly, he needs to feel in control.

However, that being said, let's not forget that he is Juventino, right? For all that talk of him being a professional and not a fan, he is a fan. He's much more than a fan. I really doubt that he'd leave a dream experience after only 2 years, and one unsuccessful CL appearance - that would seem pretty damn incomplete for somebody as ambitious as Conte. For me, this is a leverage game.

I don't think we'll be bumping his salary this soon, can't give the guy a raise every year, although I do think he's worth 5M per year (if we have another good season, he'll probably get it). Anyway, I gotta run, good chatting with you PF.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
A good assumption.

The past two years, Beppe tring to bring in players that could fit into conte's system, but mostly were economically ideal.

On the other hands, conte had to reshape his team in order to accustom those new players to the most ideal formation.

Now is a time in wich we can sign 1 premium quality player each year. And now obviously, conte wants to have a say, so the purchases fit his formation the most.

I think its good that a coach has a say in it, but the manager is the one deciding wether its economically doable
I think it's fucking awesome. No room for errors in the market anymore and Conte wants to make sure no time is wasted.

Some heavy politiccin' to go down soon, then. Conte definitely has the upper hand. He doesn't even risk losing rapport with the fans in all of this. The majority of the fans, anyway. If these negotiations fail and Conte leaves, most juventini will see it as a failure by our board.

And yeah, Klin, Beppe should definitely feel pressured right now. If Conte's demands are true, The Great Man's job and entire function is at risk.
...if he fails to solve the (big) problems we face in attack. It's not easy being him right now, but if he can't cut it, I doubt his future is bright at the club.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Easy there man, board expectations were "reach quarter finals"

we did that and considering our forwards, thats a good thing.

I also think that he doesnt want bigger salary, just better forwards to work with

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's fucking awesome. No room for errors in the market anymore and Conte wants to make sure no time is wasted.

...if he fails to solve the (big) problems we face in attack. It's not easy being him right now, but if he can't cut it, I doubt his future is bright at the club.
TBh, if he actually lands Higuain (OMFG) and Jovetic (WHAT) in the same mercato (WHAT!!)...

...for correct prices....

...sorry but then the great man truely showed he wasent only the perfect manager to get to this point, but also to go to the next

And yeah, conte selecting players and marotta negotiating them, would be nice

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

Well Beppe would still be useful, but would have more an operational role than a decision making responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

I read through the links brother, and it seems like a fairly typical report from the Italian media. A sensational touch, whenever possible :)

There will be teams after Conte, there can be no doubt about that. Which is why media loves to print off all of this stuff, get a ton of fans really nervous - so that they start checking the news every 10 minutes - which creates a huge swell on their news feed. Very good for business, especially when the Scudetto is wrapped up, and silly season has begun.

Conte has been a bit mysterious, but he's just creating a bit of leverage here, imo. He's trying to distance himself from any idea that because he's Juventino and things are good, he'll just accept whatever conditions the club hands him, and sit happily on the bench. The man wants to be in control - clearly, he needs to feel in control.

However, that being said, let's not forget that he is Juventino, right? For all that talk of him being a professional and not a fan, he is a fan. He's much more than a fan. I really doubt that he'd leave a dream experience after only 2 years, and one unsuccessful CL appearance - that would seem pretty damn incomplete for somebody as ambitious as Conte. For me, this is a leverage game.

I don't think we'll be bumping his salary this soon, can't give the guy a raise every year, although I do think he's worth 5M per year (if we have another good season, he'll probably get it). Anyway, I gotta run, good chatting with you PF.
I think the biggest issue here is not the salary. It's power. Conte wants to pull a Ferguson and control inner areas of the club. The salary thing could be very well made up by the media. But the control thing makes a hell lot of sense.

Anyway let's hope everything goes right. Cheers

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Well Beppe would still be useful, but would have more an operational role than a decision making responsibility.
True, but would he accept that?

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine you work for a firm, and you actually do a great job over 2 years. And all they tell you is: "Hi Pedro. We're gonna limit your powers now : ] "

Sure, I could see him staying on, but most likely he would be insulted and leave.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
TBh, if he actually lands Higuain (OMFG) and Jovetic (WHAT) in the same mercato (WHAT!!)...

...for correct prices....

...sorry but then the great man truely showed he wasent only the perfect manager to get to this point, but also to go to the next

And yeah, conte selecting players and marotta negotiating them, would be nice
He should be fired for signing Jovetic alone.

True, but would he accept that?

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine you work for a firm, and you actually do a great job over 2 years. And all they tell you is: "Hi Pedro. We're gonna limit your powers now : ] "

Sure, I could see him staying on, but most likely he would be insulted and leave.
The smiley. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)