Antonio Conte (64 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

bullseye

Nov 8, 2012
Took some time to read the last 10+ pages of arguments in this thread...

Just want to put my opinion guys: past is the past, saying Conte is not good and comparing current squad with Juve's squad in 90ies is not going to change anything with the present. Why MU fans not comparing their current squad with 1999 squad? same goes to Madrid current with Madrid with Alfredo Di Stefano? current AC Milan with Milan coached by Arrigo Sacchi? Because what matter the most is the present and the future. That's my opinion regarding the previous arguments.

Calm down guys, Conte is not going to leave us. It's simple because:
1. He spent most of his playing career with us and was once our capitano
2. He was coaching Serie B squads when Juve brought him back
3. He got pay rise and currently the highest paid coach in Serie A
4. As far as I know he can't speak other language well enough
5. His family is settled in Turin
6. When he was banned for months, Juve board r still behind him and did not sack him
7. Can't say that he will get the same treatment from board and fans in other team as well as Juve's. The fans, board and players loved him and at least Conte himself love Juventus
8. This current Juve is just starting to start a new era of domination (hopefully), being written in the history as the man in charge of the team? who would not be interested?

Overall, deducted by 2 scudetti and 1 supercoppa, Conte still owe Juventus and its fans minimum 15 years of dedication as a coach :lol: :tuttosport:
It's a long way to go but I hope he can be our Sir Alex Ferguson

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Took some time to read the last 10+ pages of arguments in this thread...

Just want to put my opinion guys: past is the past, saying Conte is not good and comparing current squad with Juve's squad in 90ies is not going to change anything with the present. Why MU fans not comparing their current squad with 1999 squad? same goes to Madrid current with Madrid with Alfredo Di Stefano? current AC Milan with Milan coached by Arrigo Sacchi? Because what matter the most is the present and the future. That's my opinion regarding the previous arguments.

Calm down guys, Conte is not going to leave us. It's simple because:
1. He spent most of his playing career with us and was once our capitano
2. He was coaching Serie B squads when Juve brought him back
3. He got pay rise and currently the highest paid coach in Serie A
4. As far as I know he can't speak other language well enough
5. His family is settled in Turin
6. When he was banned for months, Juve board r still behind him and did not sack him
7. Can't say that he will get the same treatment from board and fans in other team as well as Juve's
8. This current Juve is just starting to start a new era of domination (hopefully), being written in the history as the man in charge of the team? who would not be interested?

Overall, deducted by 2 scudetti and 1 supercoppa, Conte still owe Juventus and its fans minimum 15 years of dedication as a coach :lol: :tuttosport:
It's a long way to go but I hope he can be our Sir Alex Ferguson
:agree:

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
http://football-italia.net/33892/conte-will-stay-juventus

Conte will stay with Juventus
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has underlined that boss Antonio Conte will remain in Turin.
Conte wrapped up his second consecutive Scudetto as Juve boss on Sunday, but there are doubts over his future.
“The relationship between Antonio and the Juventus directors is great,” Marotta told Radio Anch’Io Lo Sport on Monday.
“When a professional immediately reaches his goals, then it is normal to reflect on the future.
“But there is a desire to remain on Conte’s part, as well as the desire to win which is what the club want.”
Conte was snapped up by the Bianconeri in 2011 after the Old Lady had finished a lowly-seventh in Serie A for two consecutive seasons.
“Football is about planning. Without that you don’t win,” Marotta added. “We started a renewal with President Andrea Agnelli which only saw four of the old guard remain in the squad.
“It seemed hard to win immediately. What has been done in these years, however, is something really extraordinary.”
After dominating Serie A this season, Conte is keen for the kind of reinforcements which will see them seriously compete in next season’s Champions League.
“When Conte says he needs to meet with the club it is because we need to define our next moves. We still have a lot of work to do in Europe.
“We need to find the right balance between economical possibilities and technical needs.”

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
http://football-italia.net/33892/conte-will-stay-juventus

Conte will stay with Juventus
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has underlined that boss Antonio Conte will remain in Turin.
Conte wrapped up his second consecutive Scudetto as Juve boss on Sunday, but there are doubts over his future.
“The relationship between Antonio and the Juventus directors is great,” Marotta told Radio Anch’Io Lo Sport on Monday.
“When a professional immediately reaches his goals, then it is normal to reflect on the future.
“But there is a desire to remain on Conte’s part, as well as the desire to win which is what the club want.”
Conte was snapped up by the Bianconeri in 2011 after the Old Lady had finished a lowly-seventh in Serie A for two consecutive seasons.
“Football is about planning. Without that you don’t win,” Marotta added. “We started a renewal with President Andrea Agnelli which only saw four of the old guard remain in the squad.
“It seemed hard to win immediately. What has been done in these years, however, is something really extraordinary.”
After dominating Serie A this season, Conte is keen for the kind of reinforcements which will see them seriously compete in next season’s Champions League.
“When Conte says he needs to meet with the club it is because we need to define our next moves. We still have a lot of work to do in Europe.
“We need to find the right balance between economical possibilities and technical needs.”
Great news...

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
"When Juventus appointed Conte, they supposedly had a five-year plan. In years one and two, the foundations were to be laid in order to make a team - which finished seventh in each of the previous two seasons - title contenders again.

By year three it was hoped that they'd be in a position to win it and, if they did so, further investment would come in the summer of 2014.

Juventus, however, are well ahead of schedule.

Conte won the Scudetto in his first season and has reclaimed it in his second. Should it follow, then, that their plans need to be brought forward and the money needs to be splashed this summer? Presumably that's Conte's inference.

Juventus can't allow themselves to be satisfied with the league. They must show themselves willing to strengthen in such a way as to make themselves more competitive in the Champions League and go further than the quarter-finals where they were knocked out this season, to no disgrace, by a formidable Bayern Munich."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22422896

For those who are still yet to comprehend what Conte "the professional" really meant with his comments the other day which appeared to cause so much contoversy and debate around here.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Conte getting new contract. 5M per year and more autonomy on certain matters. Also wants clarification of transfer market objectives and less pressure. Winning will be important but with less pressure from management.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
"When Juventus appointed Conte, they supposedly had a five-year plan. In years one and two, the foundations were to be laid in order to make a team - which finished seventh in each of the previous two seasons - title contenders again.

By year three it was hoped that they'd be in a position to win it and, if they did so, further investment would come in the summer of 2014.

Juventus, however, are well ahead of schedule.

Conte won the Scudetto in his first season and has reclaimed it in his second. Should it follow, then, that their plans need to be brought forward and the money needs to be splashed this summer? Presumably that's Conte's inference.

Juventus can't allow themselves to be satisfied with the league. They must show themselves willing to strengthen in such a way as to make themselves more competitive in the Champions League and go further than the quarter-finals where they were knocked out this season, to no disgrace, by a formidable Bayern Munich."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22422896

For those who are still yet to comprehend what Conte "the professional" really meant with his comments the other day which appeared to cause so much contoversy and debate around here.
:tup:

Jul 20, 2012
Conte wants a Euro Juventus

Antonio Conte is already thinking about the Juventus of tomorrow, while he admits that he was contacted by the Old Lady in 2009.

In a revealing interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport, the tactician touched on a number of subjects just days after winning his second consecutive League championship.

“My wife has told me to at least enjoy this Scudetto for a couple of days, but I can’t,” he admitted.

“I’m also a character who doesn’t really show his feelings, but that is not to say that I’m not experiencing them.

“Both Scudetti were beautiful and complicated,” he continued.

“The first was unexpected, we were not favourites and perhaps not even considered. We beat a battleship like Milan and to remain unbeaten all season was a masterpiece.

“To confirm yourselves as champions is never easy, as the others are waiting for you and we also had the Champions League to navigate.”

After conquering Italy, Conte has made it very clear that he now wants to be put into a position to challenge for the Champions League.

It makes me laugh when I hear certain things, like when people say that Juventus need just two players to win the Champions League. That’s a superficial and presumptuous argument.

“The reality is different – the top is some distance away as the UEFA rankings demonstrate. It’s not just an economical issue either. Certainly money helps, but that is not enough.

“Bayern Munich is a model to follow. A serious project which started years ago with Van Gaal, that has included burning losses that enhanced the ferocity of their players.

“At the base of all success is organisation of play, a club who are prepared to go down a precise path with targeted investments and an eye on the youth system. That’s the only way you can change.”

Conte is now set for talks with Juve officials to see whether they share the same view in what lies ahead, especially in terms of transfer targets.

Will I stay? The players and the club deserve respect. I’ll speak about these things with the President and with director general Marotta.

“Who do I want between Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain? You can’t say no to those three. I’ll take all of them, but that won’t be enough to win the Champions League,” he smiled.

Conte joined the Old Lady in 2011, but he was contacted by the previous management about becoming the Coach.

“I met with sporting director Alessio Secco and I tried to explain how I would have intended to re-launch Juventus.

“Playing an offensive game, but with ball possession starting from the defence. And then having two wide attackers to surprise our opponents. I indicated players as models: Robben, Lennon and Walcott.

“Diego? He asked for my opinion on him. I said, with frankness, that he was a good player but with Trezeguet, Del Piero, Amauri and Iaquinta in the squad, that €25m could be spent in another manner.

“You all know what happened. If a Coach has a specific way that he plays then he can’t be left out when technical decisions are made.”

Juventus finished seventh in 2009-10 and 2010-11.

I dont understand

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He may leave.

I think Conte is fed up with Marotta's management of the last mercato. He couldn't bring in the proper strike. We end up with Bendtner once and Anelka next time. Conte didn't play these guys. He must have been infuriated. The fact he didn't play Elia during the former season also may mean that this guy was brought without his consent.

I guess Conte wants more power to decide over transfers. This can be the real problem.

Anyway I don't think he already made his call. I guess he's 50-50 now. But if Marotta fails again, then I'd say Conte will leave. I feel his not jus bluffing to pressure Marotta. He's talking seriously. He's also clearly unsatisfied with the "Italian way" of handling things.

I truly believe it's in Marotta's hands now. If he don't do his damn job in the next 2 or 3 weeks than I think there's a great chance Conte will leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)