Antonio Conte (343 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Comparing the current Juve side with the one from the 90s is laughable, I reckon only Buffon and probably Pirlo could make it into that team . 96 Juve had Ravanelli, Del Piero and Vialli in attack, while current Juve has Matri , Qu, Giovinco and Vucinic. :D Defence was much better back then ,too. Toricelli alone is better than all our defenders combined . As for CL being easier to win in the 90s - well not really, because you had to be a domestic champion to even get a chance to participate and also there was a restriction on the number of foreigners you could field. Now any rich team can buy whoever they want and thus make a strong team artificially.
not laughable... juve 96<11-13<03<83-85<97-98.

96 team was not that good IMO, won against a better ajax team in a final doesn't mean guaranteed quality because dortmund, real and milan all have beaten us, the stronger side on 3 finals :sergio: last season chelsea also the most extreme example of this.

mid 80s juve was better than current team just because of 2 WC players in boniek and platini; just as the 97-98 was better because of zidane and del piero.

but, take out platini, boniek, zidane and del piero, you will see that the rest of the players from the mid 80s and late 90s are not better than current team.

it's similar thing with 03 team, take out nedved and del piero and the team become not so superior than current team, why else we lost against milan?

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
:howler: @ people calling out conte on the eve of the potential scudetto clincher, you fuckers dont deserve him
Tell me about it.

But... but... the team lacked the intensity and hunger from last year. :cry:

But... but... Conte isn't as flexible with his formations as last season and Carrera makes better in-game decisions. :cry:

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Who was that genius? And :rofl::rofl:
They were too many to remember.

An odd thing I can remeber from that period, though was that when Carrera made inadequate subs that was because Conte was telling him what to do. Or when he actually interpreted the game well some people were saying he reads the game better than Conte.

Or something along these lines.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
They were too many to remember.

An odd thing I can remeber from that period, though was that when Carrera made inadequate subs that was because Conte was telling him what to do. Or when he actually interpreted the game well some people were saying he reads the game better than Conte.

Or something along these lines.
Someone should use it as a sig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 339)