Antonio Conte (358 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Lets blame conte for achieving miracles in 18 months. They say rome wasnt built in a day. Some of you are spoilt fans who forget thisa
Conte has shown himself to be a very capable coach, there is no doubt about that. And while I can't hold his lack of experience against him at this stage, I do think that he is to be blamed for lacking the mentality in this tie. Clearly, he was in awe of Bayern with how he was taking responsibility off himself and the team by saying they were miles ahead of us. And we are still building etc. you can say it once, but when you go on about it, then you're resigned to your fate. Which is what happened, when you look at our performance last night. What happens next year when we come up against Real Madrid? We'll probably still be rebuilding and have two scudettos in the bag by then (hopefully), but will it be enough to say that we don't have the money to be like them?! I don't think so. We need to believe we belong up there with the big boys, as the champions of Italy.

I'm very grateful we got to the Quarters. And I have no qualms that our team lost, but it was the manner of the defeat that was very disappointing. More disappointing than the defeat itself. We all know we don't have stars on the team, but remember how Conte hunted down Milan last year even though they were miles ahead on paper? He did it with mentality. That should've applied here as well. I'm willing to write off this CL as an experience building exercise, but Conte (if he does have a say in the mercato) needs a clear vision and stop wasting funds on players like Isla and Elia who we buy and don't play for a variety of reasons. A lot of those funds are the difference between buying another Vucinic/Gio level player, and a truly world class, game changing one.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Maybe he hunted Milan down with mentality, however, you are really missing out on Bayern in your post. Come next year, its very much possible they will be the best team on earth, shit they might already are. They already beat Real last year, I don't see Barca better than Bayern and BVB aswell. They are, in my opinion, by far the clear favourites to win the CL. We, on the other hand, still need 2-3 pieces to get better. Thats the reality. Mentality without quality and depth won't get you where you want to be.

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
I am probably the only one who doesn't care if we make it to the quarters, round of 16, semis or lose the final on penalties. All that matters is the trophy, if we don't win the CL it's pretty much the same for me. I've watched Juve play the final of the CL in 2003 and it was indeed an amazing feeling, but losing it still hurts to this day. It is clear as sky that we didn't have a chance of winning it this year, so we should focus on making a better team year in and year out until we win the CL. Until then it doesn't matter if we lose to Bayern 0-4 or on penalties, it's all the same . ;)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Maybe he hunted Milan down with mentality, however, you are really missing out on Bayern in your post. Come next year, its very much possible they will be the best team on earth, shit they might already are. They already beat Real last year, I don't see Barca better than Bayern and BVB aswell. They are, in my opinion, by far the clear favourites to win the CL. We, on the other hand, still need 2-3 pieces to get better. Thats the reality. Mentality without quality and depth won't get you where you want to be.
That's what I'm saying. We need to spend better and believe that we belong there with the big boys. Bayern maybe the best team in the universe now and over the next year, but we're Juve so bad as we saw them over the two legs? No. They were outplayed and outclassed, because of their mental approach, not lack of talent alon3.

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
Maybe he hunted Milan down with mentality, however, you are really missing out on Bayern in your post. Come next year, its very much possible they will be the best team on earth, $#@! they might already are. They already beat Real last year, I don't see Barca better than Bayern and BVB aswell. They are, in my opinion, by far the clear favourites to win the CL. We, on the other hand, still need 2-3 pieces to get better. Thats the reality. Mentality without quality and depth won't get you where you want to be.
Bayern will NOT win the CL this year, hell it will be A LONG time before they do. I am almost certain that it will be Real or Barca, even BVB have a better chance than Bayern imo. the Bavarians are overrated, we were just shit in both legs.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
We didn't lack mentality, at least not in the second game, it was the lack of different options. We sticked to our game-plan, Bayern reacted, we din't have options to alter our approach.

So yes, spend better and try to add different dimensions to our game.

And yes, Bayern are very very strong, who knows if they win, I still think they are favourites!

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
We didn't lack mentality, at least not in the second game, it was the lack of different options. We sticked to our game-plan, Bayern reacted, we din't have options to alter our approach.

So yes, spend better and try to add different dimensions to our game.

And yes, Bayern are very very strong, who knows if they win, I still think they are favourites!
They play well when they are in front, but under pressure they are shit. That's why I am so disappointed we didn;t score an early goal, the match could have been totally different.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
We will see, still, I think they had a perfect off-season and a great plan over the last 2 years. Their squad is growing when it comes to depth. Compare their bench of last year to this year...
Their younger players are getting a lot better over the last 2 years, and they add good new guys to their plan.....such a great plan usually ends with success

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
This melodrama is really exaggerated. Conte & Juve were simply outclassed in this match, but with a little luck (maybe in the draw) we could have reached the semi finals. Who knows what would happen from there? Dortmund got lucky and drew Malaga, and imagine they face Real in the semis and makes it into the final. Anything can happen.

Bayern outpowered us the first match, but their goals came from one lucky deflection at 15 seconds which we never got back up from, and one offside goal. Ribery should also have been sent off.

We should definitely learn something from this game, and try to strengthen more in the summer, but acting as if this is a full crisis is ridiculous. Bayern, Real and Barca have been in the CL for what, 12 straight years now? It's not fair to compare us to them yet.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
This melodrama is really exaggerated. Conte & Juve were simply outclassed in this match, but with a little luck (maybe in the draw) we could have reached the semi finals. Who knows what would happen from there? Dortmund got lucky and drew Malaga, and imagine they face Real in the semis and makes it into the final. Anything can happen.

Bayern outpowered us the first match, but their goals came from one lucky deflection at 15 seconds which we never got back up from, and one offside goal. Ribery should also have been sent off.

We should definitely learn something from this game, and try to strengthen more in the summer, but acting as if this is a full crisis is ridiculous. Bayern, Real and Barca have been in the CL for what, 12 straight years now? It's not fair to compare us to them yet.
:tup:

Just the usual Juventuz meltdown after a defeat, but this one is a pretty big one since it's a CL loss. I got used to it by now and started to ignore idiotic posts like "sell marchisio", "pirlo should retire" and the brand new one "Conte should get fired".

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Conte has shown himself to be a very capable coach, there is no doubt about that. And while I can't hold his lack of experience against him at this stage, I do think that he is to be blamed for lacking the mentality in this tie. Clearly, he was in awe of Bayern with how he was taking responsibility off himself and the team by saying they were miles ahead of us.
In my opinion he did it purposely.

With all the pressure and fans' expectations getting ridiculously unrealistic he had no choice but to keep reminding everyone what they had seemingly forgotten.

Juventus just couldn't go into the tie with the whole world expecting they would eliminate Bayern.

Bottom line is, we should all be grateful for the state Juventus is in today. With the work the club from top to bottom is putting in on daily basis the future is bright.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
@K.O @FakeMelo @PiN7uRiCCHi0

:tup: it's nice to see some sensible, realistic and level headed replies in this thread. I'm glad there is still people out there who realise how far we have come, and all the good things we will no doubt achieve in the coming years with better players and more experience.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
Bayern will NOT win the CL this year, hell it will be A LONG time before they do. I am almost certain that it will be Real or Barca, even BVB have a better chance than Bayern imo. the Bavarians are overrated, we were just shit in both legs.
wow, so sure, admirable.
did you watch Bayern last year? this year? saying they are overrated is like saying you only watch football starting yesterday.
and as much as I dislike the germans, I have to say they are one of the best footballing countries with the better league than most of Europe, and certainly better than Italy at the present.

Apr 8, 2013
Well yes, every successful coach has to win every games and trophies......
Wow, that's a very good argomentation to discuss my point. :lol: Doing some lame jokes... Just laughable.

Sorry but yesterday he failed, as in the first leg. Playing 3-5-2 with that wingbacks was giving the match in Bayern's hands.

And I'm Conte's first fan, so you took the wrong person. Just being objective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 354)