Antonio Conte (157 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
http://www.football-italia.net/32712/storari-handed-juventus-gloves

Marco Storari will start in goal for Juventus against Pescara on Saturday, boss Antonio Conte has confirmed.

Gigi Buffon, who was criticised for the two goals he conceded at Bayern Munich on Tuesday, will be rested after struggling with a cold over the last week.

“Storari will be in goal tomorrow,” Conte stated in his media conference on Friday. “Gigi was suffering with illness after the Inter game and it popped up again after Bayern.

“Behind him here is a great goalkeeper who would be first-choice in any other Serie A side. If I didn’t have the guarantee of a player like Storari, then I’d ask Gigi to make a sacrifice.”

Conte began the question and answer session by making it clear that he would not be discussing the Champions League quarter-final tie.

“I’ll only talk about Pescara today as that is our present,” he added. “It’s a game that will allow us to lay another Scudetto brick should we win.

“We’re taking nothing for granted. We have a good advantage over our rivals, but we must remain focused until the maths say otherwise.

“Winning tomorrow is not important, it is fundamental. To win the title for a second consecutive season would be extraordinary, marvellous.”

Conte also defended his players and his club following the criticism received after the 2-0 loss in Germany this week.

“We shouldn’t lose sight of reality. In a matter of months, 17 or 18, Juve have won the Scudetto, a Super Cup, we’re first in the championship, we reached the semi-finals of the Coppa and we’re now in the last eight of the Champions League.

“We’ve picked ourselves up after finishing in seventh place for two years in a row.

“We should never forget that – myself, the club, the players and especially the fans. They have to understand that something extraordinary is happening. Winning is not easy.”

Turning to team selections, Conte was asked whether any of his players had asked him for a breather.

“I don’t think anyone would come up to me and say they were tired as I make the decisions. If someone did then it would be an own goal, as it means they would also be tired for Bayern Munich.”

Conte is without the suspended Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini in defence, while there are whispers that Claudio Marchisio and Andrea Pirlo will start on the bench.

“Kwadwo Asamoah and Luca Marrone will definitely play. The Ghanaian has had a difficult time after the African Cup of Nations, but I knew that would happen. If I could turn back time, I’d give him seven or 10 days holiday.”

Sky Sport Italia have this afternoon suggested that Juve may line up with: Storari; Bonucci, Marrone, Peluso; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pogba, Giaccherini, Asamoah; Vucinic, Giovinco.
I hope that lineup is correct, Pirlo and Marchisio should start this game from the bench. We need these players to be fit and ready to go against Bayern next week. Good lineup, and I hope to see Anelka get some minutes too

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
“We’ve picked ourselves up after finishing in seventh place for two years in a row."

“We should never forget that – myself, the club, the players and especially the fans. They have to understand that something extraordinary is happening. Winning is not easy.”

Again, Mister is reminding y'all.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
“We’ve picked ourselves up after finishing in seventh place for two years in a row."

These words are unacceptable and do not correspond favourably with the Gospel of Cronios (foreword by Bianconero81)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
:lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

For his worshippers' sake, thank fuck @Bianconero81 wrote the foreword, though. Otherwise the book would've never started.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

i think most of us arent unhappy with (potentially) going out to bayern. but the manner in which the team played.

knock out round are like that. you can play well and still lose to a moment of brilliance, ref error or pure luck. what matters is the team put effort in. we are unhappy with the lacking display, not the loss per say

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
"Tomorrow’s three points are fundamental to take us closer to a realistic target. That’s what the championship is for us, other thoughts are hypothetical, they’re dreams and dreams rarely come true."

Dafuq :confused:

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
I hope he's just 'playing dead' as mind games toward Bayern. Serie A is already wrapped up... this CL game is everything right now. I won't be upset to go out, but It will be sad if they just go through the motions.

I'd be shocked if he isn't running through some more attacking formations in training.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 156)