Antonio Conte (369 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Conte looked clueless because he was clueless yesterday. He just stood and watched. He also let our players come out too early at HT which means he didn't say much to the players. There were so many things we were doing wrong and he let them go out so fast? Weird. It seems like he knows this team can't go any further. Disappointing if you ask me, we didn't exist on the pitch and our coach didn't do anything to change that because he was happy with being 0 - 1 down.
what could he had done?

barzagli and chiello were owned by ribery and robben. chiello can't play lb vs robben. so he could have taken barza out for pogba and play a 4-3-1-2 kind of formation
licht-bonbon-chiello-peluso
pogba-pirlo-vidal
marchisio
quag-matri.

i don't believe we would had not concede then anyway. Bayern wanted to make the 2-0 and pressed as hell on our defense (who lack ball control) Bayern was in every single aspect better and mostly further then current juventus.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Here's the thing, friends... If we had Lippi, Capello, Mourinho, SAF or any other "world-class" coach, we still would've lost the game.

1- Bayern's squad is better than Juve's by large landslide. We knew this since the beginning of the season. In 1-to-1 battles between players, Conte can do nothing about Ribery taking the better of his best defender Barzagli or Lahm and Muller making Peluso looks like an amatuer.
2- Bayern has virtually won the Bundesliga, rested a lot of important players and had a training session against HSV while we still fight for the scudetto and had a hard battle away from home with one of our fieriest rivals.
3- Despite their total domination, if Bayern didn't get that early lucky goal, ref called an offside for their 2nd goal and gave us a penalty for Lichtsteinter, everybody would be here hailing Conte for masterminding the best tactical approach in history. Small details matter and in our case it went totally wrong.
4- Everybody approved Conte's starting 11 even though you're not really aware who's ready and who's not because only Conte can monitor his players on daily basis.
5- Players had an absolute shocker, Buffon was Valdesish, Pirlo looked like a dead man, Marchisio was non-existant, the entire defense was shaky, Quag/Matri failed to hold up one single ball to start a proper attack. Vuci/Gio didn't improve anything, Pogba too. Conte cannot sub out everybody and it's not smart to make all your subs early on and then have one or two players injured, say 20 minutes from FT.

Not saying that Conte is not making any mistakes, but in this particular game, it's out of Antonio's hand.. For example, Asamoah would've been a better option than Peluso but we would've still lost the game. Reaching the QF and winning the scudetto again is simply amazing and as @Hist mentioned, Managers like Klopp (with his Bundesliga holders) failed to even get out of the group stage in his first CL attempt.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Even when we were shockingly bad it took a deflection in the opening minute and a offside goal to score for Bayern.

I´m sure that if this group gets more CL experience we can grind out results in such matches.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
This is still a learning stage for Antonio, and I think we can all agree it was clear last night.

However, he has fine wonders for us so far in these two years and he will improve.

Only thing I wish would change is that he makes subs earlier. Last night we needed one our two subs directly at half time. I don't know what he expected would happen in the second half, because we were utterly destroyed in the first half.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
This is still a learning stage for Antonio, and I think we can all agree it was clear last night.

However, he has fine wonders for us so far in these two years and he will improve.

Only thing I wish would change is that he makes subs earlier. Last night we needed one our two subs directly at half time. I don't know what he expected would happen in the second half, because we were utterly destroyed in the first half.
Yep. Great learning curve for him and the players. We will come back a stronger team after a defeat like this.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I think Conte is doesn't care about CL a lot, he is done preseason task, he is about to clinch another serie a title, maybe he know that this is the maximum of this team, i don't know, if he do i think that it's so wrong, we have such a good deep squad and we have a lot of room for improvement, we can play 424, 433, 3421,343, 361, damn.....and his fucking comments are killing me :sergio: and it's obvious that if bayern has played against dortmund at the weekend they never would be so good against us, while we were dreadful in physical conditions after 60-65 minutes of play, plus Kroos injury ruined our gameplan for the 1st half, we were not able to rebuild our gameplay right after it and almost every attack of Bayern were from left wing, plus we spent a lot of emotions against Inter, derby is derby.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Huge mistakes were made in the selection of the starting eleven.
In some cases Marotta has tied Conte's hands, due to lack of decent options, but in many cases, it was 1000% fault.
Apart of the formation, we were tactically outplayed and this also falls upon Conte's shoulders.

Conte can do the difference and get as far, but he also has some limitations, obviously, we knew by the beginning of the season that the choices Marotta made once again can only get us this far and we have now reached that cap...

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Huge mistakes were made in the selection of the starting eleven.
In some cases Marotta has tied Conte's hands, due to lack of decent options, but in many cases, it was 1000% fault.
Apart of the formation, we were tactically outplayed and this also falls upon Conte's shoulders.

Conte can do the difference and get as far, but he also has some limitations, obviously, we knew by the beginning of the season that the choices Marotta made once again can only get us this far and we have now reached that cap...
Do you understand that Marotta is not buying players without Conte's agreement?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Juventino[RUS];4115688 said:
we have such a good deep squad and we have a lot of room for improvement, we can play 424, 433, 3421,343, 361, damn.....and his $#@!ing comments are killing me :sergio:
Football Manager expert lvl 3000

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
A Scudetto and a QF appearance in the CL is a pretty great achievement and something to build on for next season.
we said the same thing last year and we are bound to repeat it next year,
but we didnt actually built upon... Isla, Padoin, Peluso, Bendter and Anelka cannot really help us step up, we need quality, not quantity. The huge early improvement Conte brought, was easy, because we were underperforming.
To improve from him, we need to upgrade our material...

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Ah the legend of "penalty on Lichtsteiner" is still alive. Given some time it may rise to the levels of "we would win the CL if not for that penalty on Lichtsteiner that should be called".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 366)