Antonio Conte (176 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vaper

Aug 26, 2012
The most difficult moment of the season so far, a lot of bad stuff piling up:

1) 9-10 of our players are away / injured / aren't 100% fit
2) Refs are taking point from us
3) All of the goal conceded in January came in second half which means we lack concentration and determination to close the match.
4) All of the goal conceded in January came from our left side, mainly because of Peluso and De Ceglie errors.

Conte cannot influence those first two factors, but he simply must fix the other two. Asamoah wont be back for Celtic match if Ghana goes to Finals, so we need a reliable player there. Peluso, De Ceglie, Padoin and Isla didn't prove themselves. Dunno, maybe the solution is to play Marchisio as LWB (with Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba in midfield).
I quite like this idea

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The most difficult moment of the season so far, a lot of bad stuff piling up:

1) 9-10 of our players are away / injured / aren't 100% fit
2) Refs are taking point from us
3) All of the goal conceded in January came in second half which means we lack concentration and determination to close the match.
4) All of the goal conceded in January came from our left side, mainly because of Peluso and De Ceglie errors.

Conte cannot influence those first two factors, but he simply must fix the other two. Asamoah wont be back for Celtic match if Ghana goes to Finals, so we need a reliable player there. Peluso, De Ceglie, Padoin and Isla didn't prove themselves. Dunno, maybe the solution is to play Marchisio as LWB (with Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba in midfield).
Another player played out of position? This is getting ridiculous.

Dec 24, 2012
Another player played out of position? This is getting ridiculous.
It's not unheard of. He'd more or less play there anyway if we played a 4-3-3. The only problem is that Pogba would need to run a lot more if he played in Marchisio's position (LCM), which I'm not sure he is going to do.

I think Marchisio as is and Giaccherini/Peluso on the wing should be ok until Asamoah returns. Let's give Peluso another chance, he earned it with that goal. Who knows he might turn into a phoenix. A man can hope.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Conte will receive a minimum 3-match ban for his outburst yesterday. But it's not entirely unwarranted. I applaud the fact that club leadership (Agnelli, Marotta, etc..) were all equally outraged and vocalized it publicly.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
It's not unheard of. He'd more or less play there anyway if we played a 4-3-3. The only problem is that Pogba would need to run a lot more if he played in Marchisio's position (LCM), which I'm not sure he is going to do.

I think Marchisio as is and Giaccherini/Peluso on the wing should be ok until Asamoah returns. Let's give Peluso another chance, he earned it with that goal. Who knows he might turn into a phoenix. A man can hope.
And all this because of the fact we 'sticked' to one formation? I disagree with approach like yours. We won't be fine until Asamoah and Chiellini come back. We have no replacements for them and we can't do anything about it. They'll be back in a month - yes - but by that time we might be out of Coppa Italia, CL and lose our lead in the league (which we're close to right now).

Last season Conte showed great tactical knowledge and flexibility. This season he's so Del Nerish and I can't understand this. Sticking to 3-5-2 is good but it doesn't work for us right now and we need to bounce back. We got only 2 points in three matches we should have won comfortably. I understand playing against small teams who sit back deep is hard but 2 points from those matches is embarrassing for a team like Juve. We lack creativity, we're not clinical nor we're good at defending. Yesterday vs Genoa I saw a shocking statistic saying which team made more wrong passes. Juve 18 - 13 Genoa.

All I mean is we're very unbalanced right now. New formation and players should step into the squad. Instead of this we stick to the same formation and players which is not doing well for us. I hope Conte wakes up and sort out these problems. I'm a 4-3-3 fan, but for me he can play any formation that will work for us.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I actually loved it when he went full-rant mode on the ref after the match. I want him beasting again from the sidelines. I also don't feel like the players are playing with the same grinta and determination they showed last season. It's no time to get soft.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think we can't be cry-babies, but it was important to underscore the point that Juve could easily be victims of refereeing mistakes too and that this isn't pre-calciopoli business-as-usual where Juve supposedly gets all the favorable calls, etc.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I think we can't be cry-babies, but it was important to underscore the point that Juve could easily be victims of refereeing mistakes too and that this isn't pre-calciopoli business-as-usual where Juve supposedly gets all the favorable calls, etc.
Most people would have reacted the same or worse if they'd hear the ref didn't feel like giving the penalty. I agree with you that this can't happen every time, but as you also said, it needed to be done.

I honestly found Marotta's words childish, claiming that he didn't call the penalty because he's from Naples.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 172)