Antonio Conte (181 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Have you been watching other matches than this one?

We've been playing with long balls all along.

Last time we actually played ball possesion was against Atalanta, last season on our last match.
We do play a lot of long balls but usually we play them to get the ball behind the defense line will the wing-backs or a midfield runner. For me that works against a 4-man defense but not against a 5-man defense where there is less space to run into and less chance to go unnoticed with the extra defender. Also today Inter 3 forwards pressed our 3 center-backs really close and for long periods we could start our usual play from the back; Buffon was forced to kick the ball to the forwards and we barely won anything in the air. And I am not sure if our passing was lackadaisical or Inter intercepted and marked players better. Either ways we simply couldn't play ball possession today, I don't think that's was a tactical issue.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
We do play a lot of long balls but usually we play them to get the ball behind the defense line will the wing-backs or a midfield runner. For me that works against a 4-man defense but not against a 5-man defense where there is less space to run into and less chance to go unnoticed with the extra defender. Also today Inter 3 forwards pressed our 3 center-backs really close and for long periods we could start our usual play from the back; Buffon was forced to kick the ball to the forwards and we barely won anything in the air. And I am not sure if our passing was lackadaisical or Inter intercepted and marked players better. Either ways we simply couldn't play ball possession today, I don't think that's was a tactical issue.
We could play possession, with 4-3-3. And also 3-5-2. It's just that this team has no patience.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
We could play possession, with 4-3-3. And also 3-5-2. It's just that this team has no patience.
More like lacking confidence. We lost some balls very close to our penalty area early on, I think on two occasions the ball fell invitingly for Cambiasso to shoot and he put them wide.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
We are losing balls. Because we are not used to play it around. And haven't done so this year.

We just shoot it out to Giovinco or Vucinic.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Should have changed the tactics long ago. Giovinco's role in the team is wrong. His partnership with Vucinic isn't working neither. We're not direct anymore, plus we don't attack in numbers like we used to do last season.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Should have changed the tactics long ago. Giovinco's role in the team is wrong. His partnership with Vucinic isn't working neither. We're not direct anymore, plus we don't attack in numbers like we used to do last season.
:tup:

In other words, we are not playing possession football. :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
:tup:

In other words, we are not playing possession football. :D
Not necessarily. I think we need to build our play faster. More movement. At the moment we just pass the ball to Giovinco or Vucinic, and then we look and wait to see what happens next.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It's time for Conte to make some changes to his "strongest" starting 11...

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Isla - Pogba - Pirlo - Marchisio - Asamoah

Vucinic - Bendtner

---------------------------

Isla is bound to be an important player for this team and he should be ahead of both Licht and Caceres. While Vidal needs some time on the bench as it's evident his problem isn't physical but psychological.

And when Vucinic plays, Giovinco shouldn't and vice versa.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's time for Conte to make some changes to his "strongest" starting 11...

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Isla - Pogba - Pirlo - Marchisio - Asamoah

Vucinic - Bendtner

---------------------------

Isla is bound to be an important player for this team and he should be ahead of both Licht and Caceres. While Vidal needs some time on the bench as it's evident his problem isn't physical but psychological.

And when Vucinic plays, Giovinco shouldn't and vice versa.
Matri.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Our play was pretty good under Carrera. With Alessio it's a little bit worse (even though he's gotten some excellent results, we should've dropped points against both Catania and Bologna, and tonight we lost).

We really need Conte back on the sidelines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 169)