Antonio Conte (376 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Did Conte accuser sell story?
By Football Italia staff

There are shock claims from a showbiz agent that Filippo Carobbio wanted €15,000 to sell his story accusing Antonio Conte of match-fixing.

Juventus Coach Conte is currently sitting out a 10-month ban for failing to alert authorities to a potential fix while he was at Siena in Serie B in 2010-11.

The only evidence against him is the testimony of ex-Siena player Carobbio, who has been considered “credible” by the Disciplinary Commission.

However, today showbiz agent Fabrizio Corona – no stranger to controversy and legal problems himself – made some surprising accusations on Radio 24.

“Everyone knows they can make money from these stories,” said Corona. “I knew an interview with Carobbio could have a huge economic value, what withConte being the Coach of Juventus.
“Carobbio and his wife came to me asking to negotiate an interview deal. It was an operation worth €15,000 for them, but I would’ve given them at most €3,000.

“In the end, Carobbio’s wife was the one who did the interview and was paid €5,000, but she didn’t get anything. It went to me for having sold the photographs and interview.”

Conte is currently fighting the ban on appeal and it’s possible this will be used as new evidence in his case.
------------------------------------

:O
Don't act so surprised. That's what we all suspected from early on. He was either after the money or a reduction of his punishment.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Tutto Juve saying we'll know today, but most reports have always held that the verdict will be released on Oct. 7th :boh:

(Which is weird, with it being on a Sunday and all).

Let's ask Curva.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Tutto Juve saying we'll know today, but most reports have always held that the verdict will be released on Oct. 7th :boh:

(Which is weird, with it being on a Sunday and all).

Let's ask Curva.
Is curva that person from VS? Cos I'm a member on that site and haven't seen him on there

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
According to some reports, the verdict will be announced in the evening. Conte's lawyers are confident and believe in acquittal. Newspapers are reporting that the most likely judgement is a reduction to ~ 5 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 372)