Antonio Conte (376 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
He was outsmarted by Shaktar coach, there's no shame in admitting it. Hopefully he learns from this experience and figures out better tactics, because we will have to go for the result in Ukraine.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He was outsmarted by Shaktar coach, there's no shame in admitting it. Hopefully he learns from this experience and figures out better tactics, because we will have to go for the result in Ukraine.
I wouldn't consider it an out-smarting when both teams have just played their normal system.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I wouldn't consider it an out-smarting when both teams have just played their normal system.
They did, but small adjustments made the difference IMO. That guy Willian was basically given a free role, they managed to neutralise our wingbacks and they played many long balls. This last part really surprised me, considering we have three tall CB's. But they were doing it well. Every time a long ball was launched there were two or three Shaktar midfielders in tight space facing the goal and receiving the ball from forward. Our CM's couldn't handle this in few occasions. This reminded me of Cappelo when he had Zlatan and Trez upfront and Nedved was receiving the ball. Shaktar were good at it while we were launching our long balls towards Giovinco at the end, a 1,60 m forward.

Shaktar didn't just keep possession which was the main reason they outplayed us. They looked like a team with a game plan.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Outsmarted ? Not entirely

Yeah, they got the prematch coaching and tactics wrong, but thats just a part of the work of the coach.

During the game, a coach normally reacts on how the play is going.

In the native competition, where you know every team, its okay

However, when you meet shaktar who appear to be completely diffrent then what you tought if it, it became a huge factor that he wasent there.

Having conte back on the bench for serie a games wont change that much, but in europe it would have a massive effect

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Outsmarted ? Not entirely

Yeah, they got the prematch coaching and tactics wrong, but thats just a part of the work of the coach.

During the game, a coach normally reacts on how the play is going.

In the native competition, where you know every team, its okay

However, when you meet shaktar who appear to be completely diffrent then what you tought if it, it became a huge factor that he wasent there.

Having conte back on the bench for serie a games wont change that much, but in europe it would have a massive effect
as if carrera can't think himself
come on carrera is maybe not a motivator as good as Conte but he is smart enough to see what is wrong with the team and who plays shit. In fact 20-30 minute in the second half and we dominate. then last 20-30 min shaktar was better cos everyone was dead at our side. The only weird sub was the quag for matri imo, but that is easy saying look backwards.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We really need to advance from the group stages. We will be an entirely different team on the pitch with him on the sidelines.

Hope we can advance :depressed

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Did Conte accuser sell story?
By Football Italia staff

There are shock claims from a showbiz agent that Filippo Carobbio wanted €15,000 to sell his story accusing Antonio Conte of match-fixing.

Juventus Coach Conte is currently sitting out a 10-month ban for failing to alert authorities to a potential fix while he was at Siena in Serie B in 2010-11.

The only evidence against him is the testimony of ex-Siena player Carobbio, who has been considered “credible” by the Disciplinary Commission.

However, today showbiz agent Fabrizio Corona – no stranger to controversy and legal problems himself – made some surprising accusations on Radio 24.

“Everyone knows they can make money from these stories,” said Corona. “I knew an interview with Carobbio could have a huge economic value, what withConte being the Coach of Juventus.
“Carobbio and his wife came to me asking to negotiate an interview deal. It was an operation worth €15,000 for them, but I would’ve given them at most €3,000.

“In the end, Carobbio’s wife was the one who did the interview and was paid €5,000, but she didn’t get anything. It went to me for having sold the photographs and interview.”

Conte is currently fighting the ban on appeal and it’s possible this will be used as new evidence in his case.
------------------------------------

:O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 372)