Antonio Conte (148 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If they were running concurrently then surely he'd have a 5 month ban right now.
Two ten month bans running concurrently = ten month ban

Two five month bans running consecutively = ten month ban.

Losing one of the concurrent ten month bans really makes no difference.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You and I both know they have an agenda & are out to harm Juve.
Obviously people are overreacting, but the sentencing for Conte is disproportionate to others.

No other person charged with omessa denuncia had their plea bargain rejected at 3 months and then requested at anything near as high as 15 months. Those who were rejected settled at 5 months maximum. Several settled at only 1 month with the initial plea bargain.

Now, you might say that clearly Conte is involved to a higher degree, ok. But he can't be involved to the degree of someone committing sporting fraud. Conte had already been cleared of that, of course. So how can some involved by way of illecito sportivo plea bargain sentences of 6 months and 9 months, yet Palazzi request 15 months for Conte?

I acknowledge that the 10 month sentence comes through the 'full trial' (lol) process, explaining why it is lengthier than a plea bargain punishment, but that does not explain Palazzi's stance during the initial plea bargain process.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Translation of Agnelli's comments?
Today's judgment of the Federal Court of Justice confirms the worst suspicions about the affair involving Antonio Conte, for acts allegedly occurred when he was registered with another company. For many months I have observed this situation with disbelief, accompanied by a growing bewilderment, for sporting justice that resembles more like a witch hunt. Today, enough is enough: in the presence of a clear legal victory, that the acquittal for failure to report to Novara and Siena that brought out the contradictions and retractions to watch a "penitent" just wants to relieve his personal , it was decided to kill the logic and applied in an arbitrary manner a penalty even doubled.

In essence, after months and months when we heard that Philip Carobbio tell that his coach would even invited to draw a game during a technical meeting, now they realize the total innocence of Antonio Conte of that episode, but you take refuge the second challenge (Albinoleffe - Siena) to apply the same sentence of the first degree, with all due respect for truth, justice and arithmetic. The real one.

For months, I had to hear the lessons from members of institutions and illustrious commentators, inviting people to trust in a system of justice that sport, in the absence of evidence found, is content to celebrate summary trials with time asymmetric case, lodging to strand, perhaps worse person to person or company by company, and in ways that are barbaric citizenship in a democracy. Not only that this system brandishes first plea bargain as an easy way out in defiance of the sense of justice of the individual, only to reject without reason.

I reiterate my full personal support and that of Juventus Antonio Conte and Angelo Alessio, who are fighting against the system, which needs to be reformed from its foundations. I am confident that the judicial bodies of CONI, which urgently will be used, they must learn to deal with this profound injustice, which among other things has created and creates an even damage to the company, will have to do in this sense its appropriate assessments and quantifications.

Antonio Conte, as already repeatedly stated is and will be the coach of Juventus, who won the Italian Super Cup deservedly, arousing envy and new awakening old "anti-Juventus" militants, is going to face a challenging season in the Championship compact, in the Champions League and Italian Cup.

Anyone who thinks that the legal proceedings this summer may affect our season, he hurt his bills.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Two ten month bans running concurrently = ten month ban

Two five month bans running consecutively = ten month ban.

Losing one of the concurrent ten month bans really makes no difference.
So what do you mean by this comment?:

Would you feel better if Conte had been banned for 20 months originally and it had been reduced to 10 months now due to being cleared of one count?
If Conte's guilt has halved then the sentence should half, unless they suddenly decide that each match is now worth 10 months for Conte, when it was previously 5.

Personally I just think they make this up as they go along, as has been suggested by various legal personnel, as there is no precedent for it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So what do you mean by this comment?:

If Conte's guilt has halved then the sentence should half, unless they suddenly decide that each match is now worth 10 months for Conte, when it was previously 5.
Just trying to point out the difference between concurrent and consecutive and how it could have been handled if people want to moan about him being cleared of something only to still get the same length of ban.

Personally I just think they make this up as they go along, as has been suggested by various legal personnel, as there is no precedent for it.
I certainly have very little faith in sporting tribunas.

Not enough rules and regulations and too much room for maneuver for the judges, which leave the door wide open for conspiracy claims.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Obviously people are overreacting, but the sentencing for Conte is disproportionate to others.

No other person charged with omessa denuncia had their plea bargain rejected at 3 months and then requested at anything near as high as 15 months. Those who were rejected settled at 5 months maximum. Several settled at only 1 month with the initial plea bargain.

Now, you might say that clearly Conte is involved to a higher degree, ok. But he can't be involved to the degree of someone committing sporting fraud. Conte had already been cleared of that, of course. So how can some involved by way of illecito sportivo plea bargain sentences of 6 months and 9 months, yet Palazzi request 15 months for Conte?

I acknowledge that the 10 month sentence comes through the 'full trial' (lol) process, explaining why it is lengthier than a plea bargain punishment, but that does not explain Palazzi's stance during the initial plea bargain process.
That is all true, obviously. And no, I also do not trust what's going on there, mostly behind closed doors.

BUT, the entire Stellini involvement doesn't sit too well with me. And that is directly or indirectly, I believe, being used to hurt Conte.

Guess we'll just have to wait & see. I personally didn't & still don't expect Conte getting cleared entirely, even if I obviously do hope for it.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
This is all incredible. The most incredible thing that still baffles me is how this ever even resulted in Conte ever going on trial on account of 1 guilty person's testimony and the blatant disregard for 23 others. HELLO!!!! But that is totally f*cked up. Its not only about Juve being scr*wed by this but it means that any guilty party can accuse someone else of knowing and have them banned too. I honestly cannot believe how this system still exists! I mean honestly! Italy is well on its way to be a 3rd world country and this is only another example of how they are on the fast track to get there.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Today's judgment of the Federal Court of Justice confirms the worst suspicions about the affair involving Antonio Conte, for acts allegedly occurred when he was registered with another company. For many months I have observed this situation with disbelief, accompanied by a growing bewilderment, for sporting justice that resembles more like a witch hunt. Today, enough is enough: in the presence of a clear legal victory, that the acquittal for failure to report to Novara and Siena that brought out the contradictions and retractions to watch a "penitent" just wants to relieve his personal , it was decided to kill the logic and applied in an arbitrary manner a penalty even doubled.

In essence, after months and months when we heard that Philip Carobbio tell that his coach would even invited to draw a game during a technical meeting, now they realize the total innocence of Antonio Conte of that episode, but you take refuge the second challenge (Albinoleffe - Siena) to apply the same sentence of the first degree, with all due respect for truth, justice and arithmetic. The real one.

For months, I had to hear the lessons from members of institutions and illustrious commentators, inviting people to trust in a system of justice that sport, in the absence of evidence found, is content to celebrate summary trials with time asymmetric case, lodging to strand, perhaps worse person to person or company by company, and in ways that are barbaric citizenship in a democracy. Not only that this system brandishes first plea bargain as an easy way out in defiance of the sense of justice of the individual, only to reject without reason.

I reiterate my full personal support and that of Juventus Antonio Conte and Angelo Alessio, who are fighting against the system, which needs to be reformed from its foundations. I am confident that the judicial bodies of CONI, which urgently will be used, they must learn to deal with this profound injustice, which among other things has created and creates an even damage to the company, will have to do in this sense its appropriate assessments and quantifications.

Antonio Conte, as already repeatedly stated is and will be the coach of Juventus, who won the Italian Super Cup deservedly, arousing envy and new awakening old "anti-Juventus" militants, is going to face a challenging season in the Championship compact, in the Champions League and Italian Cup.

Anyone who thinks that the legal proceedings this summer may affect our season, he hurt his bills.
Like a Boss!!!
:touched:

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
...........to do in this sense its appropriate assessments and quantifications.

Hurt his bills?

Apr 15, 2006
That is all true, obviously. And no, I also do not trust what's going on there, mostly behind closed doors.

BUT, the entire Stellini involvement doesn't sit too well with me. And that is directly or indirectly, I believe, being used to hurt Conte.

Guess we'll just have to wait & see. I personally didn't & still don't expect Conte getting cleared entirely, even if I obviously do hope for it.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)