Antonio Conte (186 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Most people on here know who Curva is and see him reliable.
How come an opinion is reliable? Is he friends with the judge and the judge told him to send you a message on Facebook telling you about the verdict to be announced on Monday? Please Nick, I like you and I think you are smarter than this. I know your intentions are to bring in news but over doing it just makes one doubt everything you say.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Would be a rather curious situation if Conte was to go for the plea bargain.

It would involve admitting guilt after having claimed innocence throughout.

He would forever be tarnished.

Would Conte/Juve not be willing to gamble on a longer ban in order to try and prove his innocence?

And from the point of view of the prosecutors, are they going to accept a plea bargain from someone who has claimed innocence throughout only to back down when faced with a lengthy ban? If they are confident in their case and trust the testimony of Carobbio they should be going all out to get Conte banned for as long as possible.

(Do the authorities have the ability to refuse a plea bargain?)

If Conte/Juve go with the plea bargain it will no doubt be followed with insisting he was innocent, but lacked the faith in sports justice to actually go and defend himself.

I wouldn't allow that as the FIGC.

All that said, I absolutely understand Conte/Juve taking the damage limitation option.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Would be a rather curious situation if Conte was to go for the plea bargain.

It would involve admitting guilt after having claimed innocence throughout.

He would forever be tarnished.

Would Conte/Juve not be willing to gamble on a longer ban in order to try and prove his innocence?

And from the point of view of the prosecutors, are they going to accept a plea bargain from someone who has claimed innocence throughout only to back down when faced with a lengthy ban? If they are confident in their case and trust the testimony of Carobbio they should be going all out to get Conte banned for as long as possible.

(Do the authorities have the ability to refuse a plea bargain?)

If Conte/Juve go with the plea bargain it will no doubt be followed with insisting he was innocent, but lacked the faith in sports justice to actually go and defend himself.

I wouldn't allow that as the FIGC.

All that said, I absolutely understand Conte/Juve taking the damage limitation option.

Yeh, that is the worrisome part. I think he definitely knew what was going on, but he had nothing to do with it. If he is asking for a plea, it may be because he cannot prove he was not aware of it and his lawyers are calculating a not so hefty sentence if they follow that route.

If you are clean, i think u should fight ur way to clear ur name no matter what, because being innocent but asking for a plea to "find a quick way to end this farse and go on"..... is kinda dumb, not only because will get a ban even when u are innocent and u know it, but because like some said... he already admitted to be innocent.... so this will definitely looks suspicious.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Why are all these guesses at sentences coming out? The fucking cases haven't even been heard yet.
Because there is a 90% chance that they will be found guilty and people get demoralized , sentences will be probably what everyone else has got . 1 year for conte , pepe , 3 years at least for bonucci , less if they plea bargain

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Exactly.

If they are found guilty they got only themselves to play.

Juve fans are biased and IMO it has nothing to do with 'corrupted' FIGC.
oh really? if corruption is rampant, then why is it that only juve's coach is in the spot light? how come napoli players got off?

more importantly if we agree that figc is corrupt, then the authorities be doing an and internal cleanup instead of a witch hunt. you know the same figc that lets napopli, genoa, milan, and inter get away with doing very shady shit

piss off with the they are guilty crap. either punish everyone equally, or don't punish anyone at all

Because there is a 90% chance that they will be found guilty and people get demoralized , sentences will be probably what everyone else has got . 1 year for conte , pepe , 3 years at least for bonucci , less if they plea bargain
i don't like the plea bargain because it would tarnish conte's reputation regardless of he is innocent or not.

i hope juve really stand by conte and appeals to civil court.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 171)