Antonio Conte (160 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Agree with Conte. Who would've thought this team could be this close to the first spot at this stage?

Reality check, again. Getting back to Champions League is the main goal with this squad.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
blʘndu;3547804 said:
phrozen - he's doing the same mistakes over and over again like a fish who's eating the same bate from 5 to 5 seconds. it's so annyoning i can't even describe.
I can understand, but this guys brought me more excitement and happiness over the course of the season than the previous 4-5 coaches have. If these any coach who can change his mentality then its conte, his not stubborn. If he was stubborn he would be playing the same tactic throghout the season, long ball shit 4-4-2 and then every game later talk shit. His post comments recently have been poor but bah. Anyway I believe in conte, if you guys dont, then please continue.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Agree with Conte. Who would've thought this team could be this close to the first spot at this stage?

Reality check, again. Getting back to Champions League is the main goal with this squad.
expectations change depending on position.

we were leading the table for many weeks. we were winter champions.

we gave all that away, mainly because of odd tactical decisions.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I can understand, but this guys brought me more excitement and happiness over the course of the season than the previous 4-5 coaches have. If these any coach who can change his mentality then its conte, his not stubborn. If he was stubborn he would be playing the same tactic throghout the season, long ball shit 4-4-2 and then every game later talk shit. His post comments recently have been poor but bah. Anyway I believe in conte, if you guys dont, then please continue.
please oh please go watch the first 3 matches we had..see how much we changed now. we're chaotic in attack, we're not that strong in defence, and we're not keeping that ball down to circulate as much as we should (because of the profile of our players)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
and how the fuck can he claim this was a 4-3-3 when Padoin and Giacchi were hugging their respective touchlines...and what position was Mirko playing?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
expectations change depending on position.

we were leading the table for many weeks. we were winter champions.

we gave all that away, mainly because of odd tactical decisions.
And we are still running for both Scudetto and Coppa Italia. I personally think, with this squad, we can qualify to CL and win the Coppa, not Scudetto.

Conte and the team were awful today, but let's not forget the positive season we're having up to now.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
No, read the article. Its split into two parts.

The first part is him showing his dissapointment to the jeering fans, justifying it that yes the team is still growing. For me this is irrelevant.

The second part is as follows. Emphasis and comments should be made here because this is real post conference comments.

"Tonight we played with the 4-3-3 system that was also used in the final stages against Milan. We could and should have won today, so this draw leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

“We always play very aggressively, so every now and then it’s natural to have a bit of a physical setback. It seemed as if we wanted to smash our way into the game, but that used up a lot of energy and we left ourselves open to too many Chievo counter-attacks. I didn’t like that at all.”

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We need more quality attacking players. Top quality. The Conte project is gonna be a huge success once we have that.

If you want to look for and point out every wrong thing that he does, that's fine by me. There isn't a single coach who doesn't make mistakes. The most important thing is that Conte does a HELL of a lot more right than he does wrong.

With top of the line quality firepower, this team's goal per match-ratio will increase to a satisfactory level, and we'll be where we want to be.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
And we are still running for both Scudetto and Coppa Italia. I personally think, with this squad, we can qualify to CL and win the Coppa, not Scudetto.

Conte and the team were awful today, but let's not forget the positive season we're having up to now.
that depends really.

if he continues to tinker these formations and not play the proven 4-3-3 then we are in for a rude awakening.

finishing 3rd is not an option. we need a guaranteed cl qualification

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
blʘndu;3547845 said:
please oh please go watch the first 3 matches we had..see how much we changed now. we're chaotic in attack, we're not that strong in defence, and we're not keeping that ball down to circulate as much as we should (because of the profile of our players)
I know but i already expected this. With a side like this we were never going to keep the same momentum.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
We need more quality attacking players. Top quality. The Conte project is gonna be a huge success once we have that.

If you want to look for and point out every wrong thing that he does, that's fine by me. There isn't a single coach who doesn't make mistakes. The most important thing is that Conte does a HELL of a lot more right than he does wrong.

With top of the line quality firepower, this team's goal per match-ratio will increase to a satisfactory level, and we'll be where we want to be.
By george you got it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 159)