Antonio Conte (338 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
Conte: 'Juve have to do better'
Saturday January 28 2012

Antonio Conte admits he “really feared” the meeting with Udinese and listed ways in which Juventus need to improve.

The Bianconeri won 2-1 under the snow in Turin thanks to an Alessandro Matri brace.

“I really feared this game, because Udinese play interesting football and have many quality players who are worthy of a top club,”
said the Coach.

“At the end we felt the fatigue of our midweek Coppa Italia test, but we controlled the field and earned an important victory.

“We’ve got to improve the way we control the result. We lost the ball too many times in the middle of the park, allowing counter-attacks to Udinese.

“I got very angry at our sterile possession, which was just playing into Udinese’s hands. Emanuele Giaccherini did well in this new role and he is a great example that clubs can search out talent in the lower leagues.

“It’s not necessarily true that spending millions on a well-known player is really best for the team.”

http://www.football-italia.net/node/15139

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Great words. Juve has been always about introducing unknown talented players to the football world, we shall go back to the roots.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He oozes an unbelievable presence on the pitch. More than the crowd I feel like he's the twelfth man for this team because he has their respect and he makes them believe in themselves not as a coach or authority figure but as one of their own. This is what makes this team want to play for each other and for him, its fantastic to watch. But having said that, the 352 is a fucking heartstopper on the counter, Udinese or not, we aren't as disciplined in this formation as we are with the 433. I want to see the 424 deployed more often, especially at home. Forza Conte. Forza Count. Forza Earl.
I totally agree about his presence and with Pirlo on the pitch translating everything he says to the players, we are having a brain on the pitch controlling our moves.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
As much as Conte was hoping to get the job when Ciro took over, I don't think the environment would have been right for him to have been as successful here then. Nor do I think he was maybe ready. Putting lipstick on a pig, I think the past couple years of abject Juve failures helped set the stage for Conte to do his magic and be successful in an environment of more tempered expectations.

You hate getting here that way, but I am quite pleased with the ultimate results.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
3-5-2 isnt bad, but udinese play with that formation in their back yard, we almost got owned. However credit where its due Conte is as the quote says below.
I'd say if we had an attack that was at least comparable to the top Euro teams, the game would've been 4-1 easy.
Our strikers are basically just heart players.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
As much as Conte was hoping to get the job when Ciro took over, I don't think the environment would have been right for him to have been as successful here then. Nor do I think he was maybe ready. Putting lipstick on a pig, I think the past couple years of abject Juve failures helped set the stage for Conte to do his magic and be successful in an environment of more tempered expectations.

You hate getting here that way, but I am quite pleased with the ultimate results.
i don't like what if scenarios.

no point on dwelling on the past though. what happened happened, and now conte is doing a great job at awakening juve from her slumber

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Conte: 'Juve have to do better'
Saturday January 28 2012

Antonio Conte admits he “really feared” the meeting with Udinese and listed ways in which Juventus need to improve.

The Bianconeri won 2-1 under the snow in Turin thanks to an Alessandro Matri brace.

“I really feared this game, because Udinese play interesting football and have many quality players who are worthy of a top club,”
said the Coach.

“At the end we felt the fatigue of our midweek Coppa Italia test, but we controlled the field and earned an important victory.

“We’ve got to improve the way we control the result. We lost the ball too many times in the middle of the park, allowing counter-attacks to Udinese.

“I got very angry at our sterile possession, which was just playing into Udinese’s hands. Emanuele Giaccherini did well in this new role and he is a great example that clubs can search out talent in the lower leagues.

“It’s not necessarily true that spending millions on a well-known player is really best for the team.”

http://www.football-italia.net/node/15139
Wisdom of a genius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 333)