Antonio Conte (122 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
:juventus: - English subs.
Thanks for that Melo :tup:

The translations weren't 100% but overall it was a fairly predictable interview. None of the reporters asked any hard questions and none of them questioned any answers Conte or cross-eves gave. The worst part though was when Marotta started giving excuses about not being able to sign quality players before he tries, that is very disappointing.

Anyway Conte doesn't seem like he's going to be too rigid with his tactical system and stick to it even if it's hindering us, so that is one postoperative.

mike_zizou

Jul 1, 2010
I have another perspective on football....then maybe most of the today Football Fans..

For me the Summer Mercato of Juventus is until now very good.

The idea of paying 40-50 Millions on a player is not in Juventus nature....there was only one Summer that was not like any other summers ...there was the summer of 2001 when Zidane left to Real and so Juventus bought Gianluigi Buffon, Lilian Thuram and Pavel Nedvěd ..but this is the exception ....

Are we in the same situation like 10 years ago? or are we in the same situation like 20 years ago when Antonio Conte, Kohler and Peruzzi and of course Giuseppe Trapattoni arrived?

My idea of football is one that doesn't involve Circus (see chelsea, real, city...) and Juventus most of the times with some exceptions is a Club that hasn't anything to do with Circus....

I think that all this Players that are 40-50-60 millions worth there are not in our DNA and I give you a small quote from the same guy that now is on our Bench:
"The love (from supporters) must be earned with the attachment to the Colors. Don’t let you be bought by some excellent technical play. .."

Bianconeri siamo noi! Ma chi cazzo siete voi?

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
I have another perspective on football....then maybe most of the today Football Fans..

For me the Summer Mercato of Juventus is until now very good.

The idea of paying 40-50 Millions on a player is not in Juventus nature....there was only one Summer that was not like any other summers ...there was the summer of 2001 when Zidane left to Real and so Juventus bought Gianluigi Buffon, Lilian Thuram and Pavel Nedvěd ..but this is the exception ....

Are we in the same situation like 10 years ago? or are we in the same situation like 20 years ago when Antonio Conte, Kohler and Peruzzi and of course Giuseppe Trapattoni arrived?

My idea of football is one that doesn't involve Circus (see chelsea, real, city...) and Juventus most of the times with some exceptions is a Club that hasn't anything to do with Circus....

I think that all this Players that are 40-50-60 millions worth there are not in our DNA and I give you a small quote from the same guy that now is on our Bench:
"The love (from supporters) must be earned with the attachment to the Colors. Don’t let you be bought by some excellent technical play. .."

This paved the way for almost a decade of dominance...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
But we are not in 2001 anymore. Money talks, and if you want to win, you have to invest in quality, or risk being left behind. Why do you think we have been shit for the past 5 years or so? The worst part is that we actually spent a lot of money, but instead of buying quality, we bought mostly crap.

mike_zizou

Jul 1, 2010
@Juveroo: What were you eating? In the facebook avatar I mean? you were quite amazed and surprised ..or was it because of the picture? was it taken by some Paparazzi? :bigscarf:

The main idea is that then like always Juventus SELLS first and only then BUYS....

My concern is that I don't know who we can sell.... and to answer to my question..unfortunately seeing the Central Midfielders that keep coming I am preety sure that Melo (who was one of the best this season) will be the one to leave us if Alberto and Inler will by bought eventually... because you can't play only with central midfielders

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We need to invest heavily, as we lack the quality we used to have back then. If we don't spend now, we will fall even further behind the likes of Milan and Inter, and have to play catch up with both Napoli and Roma. We will obviously need to sell, but we have to play our cards right in the summer mercato. No more screw ups.

I can't recall what I was eating, but I believe it was some Thai dish :lol: I wasn't surprised or amazed at all. I was trying to pose. Epic fail there :D

mike_zizou

Jul 1, 2010
But we are not in 2001 anymore. Money talks, and if you want to win, you have to invest in quality, or risk being left behind. Why do you think we have been shit for the past 5 years or so? The worst part is that we actually spent a lot of money, but instead of buying quality, we bought mostly crap.
yes, Money talks, but without a Good Balance a Club that is in Stock Market and that doesn't think in getting every in year in Big Depths, we need to be smarter then everybody on the Market...

We are Juventus for Crying out loud...not some Circus club...

Let's get smart again..like we were...or was it that because of Don Luciano? and now without him we are a Ship without it's Captain?

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
@Juveroo: What were you eating? In the facebook avatar I mean? you were quite amazed and surprised ..or was it because of the picture? was it taken by some Paparazzi? :bigscarf:

The main idea is that then like always Juventus SELLS first and only then BUYS....

My concern is that I don't know who we can sell.... and to answer to my question..unfortunately seeing the Central Midfielders that keep coming I am preety sure that Melo (who was one of the best this season) will be the one to leave us if Alberto and Inler will by bought eventually... because you can't play only with central midfielders

I was just having a baguette, i wasn't expecting my wife to take the photo that's all.

You're right we have normally been a selling club however there comes a time when a club must make major investment in it's future. The longer we wait the more we will need to spend...

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
"La Juventus ha infatti impedito al suo nuovo tecnico di portarsi dietro il suo staff, rifiutando il ritorno a Torino di Ventrone, e ritrovandosi invece a collaborare con quello che fu lo staff di Gigi Delneri." - Moggi article or whatever.

Not liking the sound of that.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
God damnit, post the translation one time. :disagree:

"Juventus has prevented its new coach to bring along his staff, refusing to return to Turin Ventrone, and instead finds himself working with what was staff Gigi Delneri."

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
"La Juventus ha infatti impedito al suo nuovo tecnico di portarsi dietro il suo staff, rifiutando il ritorno a Torino di Ventrone, e ritrovandosi invece a collaborare con quello che fu lo staff di Gigi Delneri." - Moggi article or whatever.

Not liking the sound of that.
:wth:
Source?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I am not sure if this was posted before but it is a great read and analysis about Conte's tactics while at Siena last year ( also his tactics from Bari).

http://www.uccellinodidelpiero.com/antonio-conte-the-profile-international/ (translated to English)

According to the article (which was written before we bought Pirlo & Ziegler), if Conte wants to use the same system as his past teams then the Pirlo signing makes no sense whatsoever. Inler makes a bit more sense because he is a bit more athletic and does not require a lot of time on the ball.

A big concern for me is the role he wants the full backs to play. We need them to have a more active role and I hope that is the plan for them as only a defensive role will really restrict us with the only two midfielders.

Matri, Alex and Quag would be perfect for his system but we still need much better performances(and adaptability) from Krasic and need someone better on the other flank.

Conte certainly seems to have some good footballing principles(ball retention, building from the back) as he called them, but they might work well with Siena, Arezzo and Atalanta but how they would work here with this group is a different matter.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I dont know guys....maybe we need to invest heavily on messi like player to be able to finally compete....and of course we need better left backs.

We have lacked quality in the past few years, and while other temas have been inventing in big names....we just cant find a proper star to propel this hopeless team.

Maybe just for this season we have to join the circus bandwagon and break the bank for a very big player to make our team more attarctive and effective.

After all, we will play in the new stadium and is very sure that the management will want to attract as much fans as possible...

Maybe is not our style, but is just that im really sad and depressed that we are not in the world football spotlight anymore.... we are not delivering since some years and we need to come back in one way or another,...

Is depressing when im talking with strangers about football and teams etc.... and when i mention Juventus, is like if i was talking from something of the last decade....is like "oh yeh them.... they were good... but messi and barca and real and milan and ronaldo and lalalalalalala"....

We are just nonexistant right now

we need to do something,..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 108)