Antonio Conte (373 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
Why are we doing so poorly against the league's bigger teams this season? Lost to inter and Milan, drew Lazio, Napoli and Fiorentina, and won the other Fiorentina game and Roma.

And it's stretching it to call Fiorentina a big team.
Unfortunately, it's difficult for champions to have the same drive as they did before, compare those Serie A results with the ones in the Champions League.

It's also natural that clubs lose games, don't let it bother you while the team is doing this well.

Edit: I take that back, let it bother you.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We're just so unfocused, I think. We're good enough to get the job done, but the teams that beat us are way more motivated than us. That's why we're doing better in the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but who likes losing to inter and Milan?
well i don't but if it means winning the title at the end of it then it is a no brainer, in shitty era our season was epitomised by beating the milan bitches and co but dropping points all the other times.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
I was unhappy with the result at first, mainly because I thought the players lacked the willingness to go for the win in the second half.

But in the end I cannot hide my satisfaction and pride to see how Juventus along with Conte as a coach have matured. I am glad the boss took the more pragmatic approach and didn't risk it all as Juventus was not the team tonight who had to win at all costs. I liked how the team and Conte kept calm and focused waiting for the right moment.

Although I am not happy as we risked too much in the second half in the end I believe we got the maximum we could in the San Paolo considering the circumstances.

Credit to the boss and the team, a good result.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Would have loved to see some reinforcements earlier in the match. Especially Pogba and Matri. Actually, would have liked to see Matri start this one...

Why are we doing so poorly against the league's bigger teams this season? Lost to inter and Milan, drew Lazio, Napoli and Fiorentina, and won the other Fiorentina game and Roma.

And it's stretching it to call Fiorentina a big team.
True, very frustrating not to win the big matches, but it's generally better than previous years, when we were getting the best of the other big boys, but consistently getting donked by Chievo and co., before finishing... say 7th. :D

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
all the talk about motivation do raise one point though, it's worrying if our squad already lacking motivation after winning a scudetto, compared to barca for example, they didn't lose motivation after winning everything in 2009 right? if our players lost motivation after winning a single scudetto then they are rather like provincial club level players.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Why do you think they've lost motivation? The team looked very much up for this game, the boys started brightly, and could have easily been 2 or 3 goals to the good in the first half, given the non-call on the Lichtsteiner foul, and Vuci's miss. This is the second place team, playing at home in a pretty intense environment... game's not supposed to be easy.

I don't think the problem is lack of motivation at all, really seems more of a fatigue issue, IMO; more matches, more exposure, more pressure. I don't think it's anything to worry too much about.

Lots of tired players by the end of the match, but we're more than 2/3rds through the season and in the thick of it with CL, so that's not too surprising. Conte's going to have to be intelligent with his squad rotation, that's all.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Rollz :tup:

I don't think we lacked motivation at all, especially in this game. We looked well up for it, especially in the first half. I think the lads were pretty much happy to settle for the draw especially the last 20 mins or so, we weren't the team who desperately needed to win this unlike Napoli. A point in this cesspit is a good result no matter what position Napoli are in the ladder. Hardest away game of the season over and done with.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I always thought that Matri would be better for the big matches against the top 4 teams and start Gio against the smaller ones. I really liked our performancer in the first,unlucky to concede just before half time.

Well done Conte!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Conte: 'No Mazzarri handshake'
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte revealed his rapport with Napoli Coach Walter Mazzarri has hit rock bottom. “We didn’t shake hands or even look at each other. It’s better that way.”

The Juventus tactician has often exchanged barbed comments with Mazzarri, but they were actively staying apart during last night’s 1-1 draw at the San Paolo.

“Did I have a row with Mazzarri during the game? No, I never spoke with Mazzarri. Never, never, never,” said Conte in his Press conference.

“We didn’t even shake hands. I can assure you we didn’t even look at each other. Each to their own bench. It’s better that way.”

Conte then lambasted Napoli and the media for 'pressuring’ the refereeing designator Stefano Braschi into appointing Daniele Orsato for the big game.

“I criticised referees and I paid for it, again and again and again. When I make a mistake, I always take responsibility and say 'I got it wrong.’ Others never seem to make a mistake and always pin the responsibility on someone else.

“Braschi has been put under huge pressure to choose the right referee for this game. A certain newspaper mounted a campaign all week against Nicola Rizzoli. I am not just making this up, it is clear to see.

“If we have reached this point, to pressurise and change Braschi’s decisions... Braschi has to be left alone to do his job.

“The referees are all talented and everyone makes mistakes, we must all just deal with it. When they get it wrong, I admit that I sometimes get angry and pay the price with fines and bans.”

Very honest conte interview, admids when he gets angry he gets mad at ref, but takes consequences, where napoli mounted a campaign against the designater, with the help of some media.
thats what they claimed we did during calciopoli... and now napoli can just to it right in the open

:tup: for conte, saying it out loud

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 369)