Antonio Conte (374 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Cant see him stating more than 2 extra years with us, he seems like an ambitipus coach who wants to win in different leagues before taking charge of the NT.
I bet thats exactly what many people were saying about Ferguson in Manchester at the beginning.......You can never know, you can only guess. Thats what it all comes down to here on the forums, guessing. We all guess. The thing is that we all make that guess look like football knowledge. "Conte should have played X instead of Y"... "X shouldnt have been played at this position, we would have otherwise won". We all guess, we all talk about hypothetical situations.

But we say all this with such certainty that we believe that it is the truth and nothing else. And we even defend it. We argue about it forgetting that all we have stated previously was nothing but a guess, a hypothetical situation. Its interesting really.

Damn, all those Sherlock Holmes shows got me.....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ferguson had already peaked before going to Man Utd.

He just went there to wind down his career having already achieved everything worth achieving in the game.

Clear sign that he didn't have the ambition to do anything after Man Utd.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Conte's ambitions are first and foremost linked to those of Juventus. A move away will largely depend on two key factors a) the frquency with which he is winning titles at Juve and b) his demands being met by the board. The working pattern in Italy is perhaps more difficult than those in England and Spain where there's a bit more money in circulation. As a coach, I don't know how motivated Conte would be to stay on, if he wins another couple of scudetti and say a CL title. He would definitely be tempted to move abroad and conquer those frontiers and make a name for himself in the way Mourinho has because he'd be well aware that he could do big things with team's that have money to spend, such as Chelsea. And just as importantly, I think he'd be intrigued by the culture of the game in England and Spain too, as its clearly a lot faster and more attacking brand of football, that's bound to give him new challenge from the ones he faces in Italy and will continue to do so as long as he's here. Also, it doesn't help that the FiGC is a numbskull organisation waiting to create controversies where none exist. While I'd like to think that Conte would be here for life, there are way too many variables to suggest otherwise, especially seeing that he himself is a very fiery character. I'd be surprised if he's here longer than five years if he continues winning at such an alarming rate.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Ferguson had already peaked before going to Man Utd.

He just went there to wind down his career having already achieved everything worth achieving in the game.

Clear sign that he didn't have the ambition to do anything after Man Utd.
:lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

Conte's ambitions are first and foremost linked to those of Juventus. A move away will largely depend on two key factors a) the frquency with which he is winning titles at Juve and b) his demands being met by the board. The working pattern in Italy is perhaps more difficult than those in England and Spain where there's a bit more money in circulation. As a coach, I don't know how motivated Conte would be to stay on, if he wins another couple of scudetti and say a CL title. He would definitely be tempted to move abroad and conquer those frontiers and make a name for himself in the way Mourinho has because he'd be well aware that he could do big things with team's that have money to spend, such as Chelsea. And just as importantly, I think he'd be intrigued by the culture of the game in England and Spain too, as its clearly a lot faster and more attacking brand of football, that's bound to give him new challenge from the ones he faces in Italy and will continue to do so as long as he's here. Also, it doesn't help that the FiGC is a numbskull organisation waiting to create controversies where none exist. While I'd like to think that Conte would be here for life, there are way too many variables to suggest otherwise, especially seeing that he himself is a very fiery character. I'd be surprised if he's here longer than five years if he continues winning at such an alarming rate.
Sad but true, probably. I could see him staying for maybe 5 or so. I think he's got 2 more at bare minimum here. Most likely a few more though :xfinger:

Don't forget Italy too, I'm sure he's very keen for that job. He's said it at least once too.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
I bet thats exactly what many people were saying about Ferguson in Manchester at the beginning.......You can never know, you can only guess. Thats what it all comes down to here on the forums, guessing. We all guess. The thing is that we all make that guess look like football knowledge. "Conte should have played X instead of Y"... "X shouldnt have been played at this position, we would have otherwise won". We all guess, we all talk about hypothetical situations.

But we say all this with such certainty that we believe that it is the truth and nothing else. And we even defend it. We argue about it forgetting that all we have stated previously was nothing but a guess, a hypothetical situation. Its interesting really.

Damn, all those Sherlock Holmes shows got me.....
Why people compare Conte with Fergie I don't get it. It took fergie 4 yeas to win a tittle with Man U.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why people compare Conte with Fergie I don't get it. It took fergie 4 yeas to win a tittle with Man U.
Did it in his second year with Aberdeen.

The comparison doesn't stand up more because Ferguson was a well-established coach with about ten years of experience and considerable success before he went to Man Utd.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Did it in his second year with Aberdeen.

The comparison doesn't stand up more because Ferguson was a well-established coach with about ten years of experience and considerable success before he went to Man Utd.
Yes but he still failed with manu for 4 years, he even ended up 11th once, If I am not mistaken. !

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I hope he stays here for a long time. We haven't had such a good coach in like 10 years (last one was Lippi that I count) and if he leaves we won't have a better one for the next 10 years or so. We have only 2 CL titles even merda has more (actually both of them). It's disgusting and I hope Conte changes it. We've suffered after calciopoli and even before it wasn't good with that dumbfuck capello.

Give Conte payrise and bigger budget if it's necessary. If we let him go we won't find decent replacement in many years. It's been proven many times that great players without coach won't win you anything but having a great coach makes even mediocre players look good and his stars to shine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 370)