Antonio Conte (35 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it depends on demand, of which there was none...even the best offers Melo got were from Brazil, Turkey and Russia.

Diego for example, was coveted highly and was sold for a big fee.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It is not only about the youngsters, we generally overspend and almost every time sell out...
it does not only has with demand, we are horrible barters. We always choose the worst moment to sell.
Many other clubs cannot afford such policy, lucky us the triade kept such a remarkable balance in our books!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
It is not only about the youngsters, we generally overspend and almost every time sell out...
it does not only has with demand, we are horrible barters. We always choose the worst moment to sell.
Many other clubs cannot afford such policy, lucky us the triade kept such a remarkable balance in our books!
worst moment such as back to back 7th place finishes?

good luck trying to sell a player from that squad.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This is true, but it's not my point. You were talking about Rossi and Balotelli as were they world class, but when we were looking at Rossi you criticized our board.
Marotta has issues when he is about to compete with other managers for a players contract.
We usually end up overpaying, or losing the player.
This is the point about Marotta, yes we can buy an Asamoah and Isla, but who else will compete in the 35-40mil price tag for them?
Who was willing to pay for Pirlo's wages just to take the risk?

Marotta usually fails bringing high prestige targets, regardless of our personal taste for them.
And he has shown to have a weakness at acquiring even half decent CFs, i have sincerely resigned of signing any Benzema, Higuain, Falcao, RVP etc class, even with 50mil at hand i feel Marotta will choke and mess the deal. So i have to adjust my expectations, until we get a proper transfer director, i hoped for the less prestigious ones for that reason alone.
And as Marotta still failed us, i have lowered my expectations even yet, its cutting loses, a compromise, it is unfortunate, but i am a realist and i have to work with what we have.
I hope this explain my chance in my stance, my taste havent changed though, but what can we do man, we onlyhave Marotta, hopefully we will replace him soon and stop making such compromises!
The guy has reached his limits and he is holding us back, under Conte, we have potential for smth more!

- - - Updated - - -

worst moment such as back to back 7th place finishes?

good luck trying to sell a player from that squad.
true, but we didnt have to sell them, esp Melo and Giovinco, it was a bad choice not keep them as subs, because we could not go as bad and they had the quality, under a decent performance to attract a better value.
For Melo, the choie of the team was horrible, he has accepted the bench role, it was unwise to sell him there and then unwise to leave him there after the way tht treated us.
As for Giovinco, a player of such talent, it was very unwise to sell his half for so low and dont include a buy back clause.
Those simple mistakes cost us +10mil...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Marotta has issues when he is about to compete with other managers for a players contract.
We usually end up overpaying, or losing the player.
This is the point about Marotta, yes we can buy an Asamoah and Isla, but who else will compete in the 35-40mil price tag for them?
Who was willing to pay for Pirlo's wages just to take the risk?

Marotta usually fails bringing high prestige targets, regardless of our personal taste for them.
And he has shown to have a weakness at acquiring even half decent CFs, i have sincerely resigned of signing any Benzema, Higuain, Falcao, RVP etc class, even with 50mil at hand i feel Marotta will choke and mess the deal. So i have to adjust my expectations, until we get a proper transfer director, i hoped for the less prestigious ones for that reason alone.
And as Marotta still failed us, i have lowered my expectations even yet, its cutting loses, a compromise, it is unfortunate, but i am a realist and i have to work with what we have.
I hope this explain my chance in my stance, my taste havent changed though, but what can we do man, we onlyhave Marotta, hopefully we will replace him soon and stop making such compromises!
The guy has reached his limits and he is holding us back, under Conte, we have potential for smth more!

- - - Updated - - -

true, but we didnt have to sell them, esp Melo and Giovinco, it was a bad choice not keep them as subs, because we could not go as bad and they had the quality, under a decent performance to attract a better value.
For Melo, the choie of the team was horrible, he has accepted the bench role, it was unwise to sell him there and then unwise to leave him there after the way tht treated us.
As for Giovinco, a player of such talent, it was very unwise to sell his half for so low and dont include a buy back clause.
Those simple mistakes cost us +10mil...
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)