Antonio Conte (326 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I'm not the public face of a club, I'm a poster on a forum and I represent only myself. I don't represent those 115 years, he does.
yes and what he did was turn a horrible situation that could not only demoralize his WC goalie but the whole team into a joke, making light of the situation relives the pressure now he can refocus the squad and win this title!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He has handled it perfectly to the media. I would now say to the players. Put it behind you, we have not come this far to fall short. We have given them a sniff which will make it all the more sweeter when we steal it from them.

generous88

JuveManiac
Sep 30, 2006
Conte: 'Juve wasted a bonus'
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte admits Juventus “wasted a bonus,” but defended Gigi Buffon for his howler and continued to target the Scudetto.

The Bianconeri’s three-point lead at the top of the table has been reduced to just one after tonight’s shock 1-1 draw with Lecce, as Buffon tried to dribble Andrea Bertolacci and was caught out.

“This is football,” said Conte. “It was a chaotic draw, but it’s not the first time this has happened. Today it was our turn to concede a strange goal.

“It is another reason we need to grow, but obviously there are regrets, as we could’ve put a real marker on the Scudetto.

“If in the last two games we do well, then we will win the title, otherwise the other team will be better.

“We wasted a bonus and now are forced to win the next two matches. At the start of the season we’d all have been super-excited to be one point clear at the top of the table with two rounds to go.

“We are achieving extraordinary things and don’t forget we were coming off two seventh-place finishes in recent years.

“Buffon had an accident, as can happen when strikers miss goals. He is strong and experienced enough to react positively, seeing as so many times this season he has been decisive for us.

“We had several chances to double our lead, but were not precise. Drawing a game like this was totally unexpected. Probably the importance of the match took away some of our sharpness and put extra pressure on our shoulders.

“We’re unbeaten in 36 Serie A games and must do well to control our advantage in the next two weeks to make a dream come true.”

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Antonio Conte admits Juventus “wasted a bonus,” but defended Gigi Buffon for his howler and continued to target the Scudetto.

The Bianconeri’s three-point lead at the top of the table has been reduced to just one after tonight’s shock 1-1 draw with Lecce, as Buffon tried to dribble Andrea Bertolacci and was caught out.

“This is football,” said Conte. “It was a chaotic draw, but it’s not the first time this has happened. Today it was our turn to concede a strange goal.

“It is another reason we need to grow, but obviously there are regrets, as we could’ve put a real marker on the Scudetto.

“If in the last two games we do well, then we will win the title, otherwise the other team will be better.

“We wasted a bonus and now are forced to win the next two matches. At the start of the season we’d all have been super-excited to be one point clear at the top of the table with two rounds to go.

“We are achieving extraordinary things and don’t forget we were coming off two seventh-place finishes in recent years.

“Buffon had an accident, as can happen when strikers miss goals. He is strong and experienced enough to react positively, seeing as so many times this season he has been decisive for us.

“We had several chances to double our lead, but were not precise. Drawing a game like this was totally unexpected. Probably the importance of the match took away some of our sharpness and put extra pressure on our shoulders.

“We’re unbeaten in 36 Serie A games and must do well to control our advantage in the next two weeks to make a dream come true.”

------

Class!

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
yes and what he did was turn a horrible situation that could not only demoralize his WC goalie but the whole team into a joke, making light of the situation relives the pressure now he can refocus the squad and win this title!
Fair enough, and obviously I didn't expect him to go out there and bash Juventus, I just see a lack of humility and a bit of overconfidence as the reason we're in this situation, and that statement doesn't exactly show that he's learned from that. Being a bad ass is awesome sometimes, but sometimes you need to be a grown up.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Fair enough, and obviously I didn't expect him to go out there and bash Juventus, I just see a lack of humility and a bit of overconfidence as the reason we're in this situation, and that statement doesn't exactly show that he's learned from that. Being a bad ass is awesome sometimes, but sometimes you need to be a grown up.
I think if he went out there with anything less than humor it would have affected team moral, so he needed to think of the best damage control and set it forward, which he did

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I hate that reaction from him. I hope he doesn't collapse now.
He won't.

He had the same reaction we all did. The only natural reaction in that moment. Tomorrow everything will be different and we'll be back at work. Then again, we'll definitely be more nervous after this draw. No tactician can change that, not even the best one. Conte will motivate the players but in the end it will be up to the players to show character.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
With due respect to Conte, but asking us to remember where we came from wil not be an excuse if we lost the title from the position we were in. We have done fantastically as a team but you got to look at the situation currently. If we don't win the titile from here I think everyone will have the right to be disappointed and nobody is going to seek solace in the fact that we came from 7th place and had no game changers or quality in this team. So our mentality needs to be that of Juventus and not a fairlytale like Hellas Verona.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
He/she is probably a Milan or Inter fan.
That's so sad. Different opinion = opposition fan. This is why I hate club-specific forums, all you retards share your retardation together and no one tells you it's retarded, so it not longer feels retarded to you. I assure you though: it's fucking retarded.

---------- Post added 03.05.2012 at 03:31 ----------

With due respect to Conte, but asking us to remember where we came from wil not be an excuse if we lost the title from the position we were in. We have done fantastically as a team but you got to look at the situation currently. If we don't win the titile from here I think everyone will have the right to be disappointed and nobody is going to seek solace in the fact that we came from 7th place and had no game changers or quality in this team. So our mentality needs to be that of Juventus and not a fairlytale like Hellas Verona.
inb4 "You dare disagree with Conte?! KILL HIM WITH FIRE!"

Dumb villagers.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Right, 'cause that's what you were doing by calling him a "fucking cock". You were disagreeing.

Anyway, this forum is too stupid for you. Better go find like-minded individuals elsewhere.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
That's so sad. Different opinion = opposition fan. This is why I hate club-specific forums, all you retards share your retardation together and no one tells you it's retarded, so it not longer feels retarded to you. I assure you though: it's $#@!ing retarded.
Or maybe you're a retarded Juve fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 321)