Antonio Conte (161 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 2, 2006
you have to be sick in mind to compare conte's management skills with allegri. guy made his whole career by spending what is built by conte from zero. when what is left is gone, his true colors have been shown. donadoni, mazzarri type of shit at best. his pre/post match comments, his antics during the game also clearly show his mental health has deteriorated a great deal. i don't care about individuals, my only criteria is welfare of Juventus and our current coach is an embarassment which is our rival fans are very fond of.

Buy on AliExpress.com

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Oh, he was 'willing' to come back huh? He didn't realize what he did when he ran away and wanted to weasel his way back in like nothing happened? Poor Conte
Like taking the dreadful italian squad to the quarter finals of the euros, almost eliminating the world champions Germany? Or taking 10th place Chelsea to bpl champions in a year? Yeah, I'm sure he's full of regret :lol:
I'm not surprised you missed it, seems like a trend with Cunte dickriders
So what did I miss? You still haven't explained. Unless you like other Allegri throaters consider beating Cagliari a major achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

you have to be sick in mind to compare conte's management skills with allegri. guy made his whole career by spending what is built by conte from zero. when what is left is gone, his true colors have been shown. donadoni, mazzarri type of shit at best. his pre/post match comments, his antics during the game also clearly show his mental health has deteriorated a great deal. i don't care about individuals, my only criteria is welfare of Juventus and our current coach is an embarassment which is our rival fans are very fond of.
Oh I'm sure his Mental health is doing just fine, as he sits comfortably on that ridiculous 9 m/y we offered him. He knows he can screw up and get away with it because we've put ourselves in a position where we can't afford to fire him.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We didn't need Conte, we just needed to stick with Max and do things his way.

I agree, but it's a process, we're getting there.
Things were going downhill with Max ever since Cardiff, there's no guarantee him staying would've worked out. We didn't fire Allegri out of the blue, there were legitimate concerns. Of course in hindsight things probably would've worked out better with Max in charge than they did with Sarri and Pirlo, but at the time I really wanted Conte and still think of it as a big missed opportunity by Agnelli to regroup and build a new core and new winning cycle.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
4 consecutive doubles, 90 pt seasons, breaking rrecord for most goals in history of the club etc is not going downhill.

Team was getting progressively worse, especially the midfield. We needed a rebuild with him, club disagreed and are paying the price now.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Things were going downhill with Max ever since Cardiff, there's no guarantee him staying would've worked out. We didn't fire Allegri out of the blue, there were legitimate concerns. Of course in hindsight things probably would've worked out better with Max in charge than they did with Sarri and Pirlo, but at the time I really wanted Conte and still think of it as a big missed opportunity by Agnelli to regroup and build a new core and new winning cycle.
We fired Max because we thought we deserved better and saw a new manager as the easiest route to CL success. We know how well that turned out.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why do you guys make shit up about the 2017-18 season being some obvious decline? Most points of the Allegri era, 95, most goals scored by a Juve side in like 50 years, with 86. Best goal differential ever of +62. Smashed Milan 4-0 in Coppa final. And went out in CL to eventual winners (their 3rd straight title) on a last second penalty. That was an excellent season any way you look at it. The decline began in 2018-19 with the Beppe firing and the Ronaldo signing that had us ignore the aging nature of the squad.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
4 consecutive doubles, 90 pt seasons, breaking rrecord for most goals in history of the club etc is not going downhill.

Team was getting progressively worse, especially the midfield. We needed a rebuild with him, club disagreed and are paying the price now.
All thanks to Conte :lol2:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Why do you guys make shit up about the 2017-18 season being some obvious decline? Most points of the Allegri era, 95, most goals scored by a Juve side in like 50 years, with 86. Best goal differential ever of +62. Smashed Milan 4-0 in Coppa final. And went out in CL to eventual winners (their 3rd straight title) on a last second penalty. That was an excellent season any way you look at it. The decline began in 2018-19 with the Beppe firing and the Ronaldo signing that had us ignore the aging nature of the squad.
Because 17-18 was the first season we didnt hit top form. The story of Allegris first 3 seasons was pragmatic, results oriented, energy conserving footie in the first part of the season and then at one point between Jan-March switching to 6th gear and destroying everything.

Start of 2017 in 2016/17 we looked like the best team in Europe, I honestly believe Cardiff wouldve been ours if the final was played a month or two earlier. In 2017/2018 or in 2018/19 we didnt reach anything remotely close to that form of early 2017. We still could rely on that pragmatic, results oriented football and grind out results, but the 6th gear was gone.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Its a myth that someone started as obviously 2017/18 was a great season. We were 1 dubious ref decision away from CL semis.

- - - Updated - - -

lol another myth, while in reality Allegri built a team that reached 2nd CL final in his first 3 seasons. The 1st final we made was with a team that shat its pants the previous year when facing the mighty Danes or Turks. How can anyone forget how abysmal we looked in our last season in Europe under Conte? That team had no future under him, he knew that, mgt knew that, players' mentality took a hit. Allegri's 2nd stint might prove to be unsuccesful in the end, but he doesnt owe anyone, least of all Conte, for the 1st one. He deserves every bit of credit for amazing 5 seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Do players like Buffon, Barzagli (WC winners), Bonucci and Chiellini owe their careers to Conte? Did he make them a better players? They were champions already when he took over, add to that the fact that most Serie A sides were in deep shit financially, Milan with an ageing squad, inter constantly changing managers, while Roma or Napoli lack required mentality to put up a serious challenge and you may realize Conte found himself at the right place at the right time.

Kudos for his 1st title, because we all waited 6 long years but for me personally 2015/16 title trumps it. Beppe and co dismantled Allegri's midfield, Tevez left and we were trailing 12 pts behind at one point. To come back from that, to win the title in the end, to me this is only comparable to Lippi's 2002 triumph, as far as Serie A is concerned

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Because 17-18 was the first season we didnt hit top form. The story of Allegris first 3 seasons was pragmatic, results oriented, energy conserving footie in the first part of the season and then at one point between Jan-March switching to 6th gear and destroying everything.

Start of 2017 in 2016/17 we looked like the best team in Europe, I honestly believe Cardiff wouldve been ours if the final was played a month or two earlier. In 2017/2018 or in 2018/19 we didnt reach anything remotely close to that form of early 2017. We still could rely on that pragmatic, results oriented football and grind out results, but the 6th gear was gone.
Disagree. We were in absolutely fantastic form at various times that season. Hence the reason we dominated the league so entirely. From December 17th to the April 15th, the game after the 3-1 win over Madrid at the Bernabeu we outscored our Serie A opponents 36-4, with 15 wins - 1 draw. We were absolutely ruthless through that period. If you add in Coppa. It’s 19 wins- 1 draw and 42-4. CL with the 3-0 first leg loss to Madrid, takes it 21 wins - 1 loss - 2 draws and 49 - 11 goals.

2018/19 was different. I agree we never once got into truly top form.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...2018/19 was different. I agree we never once got into truly top form.
i think we played very well against manure, you know when we lost at home. and that was a turning point for the whole team. max should just ignore these results because shit happens in football, still it's undeniably strange that the highest quality juventus this season i can recall was against atalanta, villarreal and inda, and we eventually lost all those matches, similarly to that home game vs manure.

:boh:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i think we played very well against manure, you know when we lost at home. and that was a turning point for the whole team. max should just ignore these results because shit happens in football, still it's undeniably strange that the highest quality juventus this season i can recall was against atalanta, villarreal and inda, and we eventually lost all those matches, similarly to that home game vs manure.

Max got way too caught up in arguing with the press about results vs performance in 18-19 and that was a big part of the reason I was okay with moving on had we hired a suitable replacement, which we obviously didn’t. He looked and sounded burnt out. This season he hasn’t been so combative and frustrated sounding. But I agree he needs to ignore the oddball results after great performances and keep pushing for the team to have stronger performances and win games with more ease.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Yep.

I thought we looked very good in 18/19 up until that Man United game at home. Then something broke with this mentally and the rest of the season was a bore.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Like taking the dreadful italian squad to the quarter finals of the euros, almost eliminating the world champions Germany? Or taking 10th place Chelsea to bpl champions in a year? Yeah, I'm sure he's full of regret :lol:

So what did I miss? You still haven't explained. Unless you like other Allegri throaters consider beating Cagliari a major achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm sure his Mental health is doing just fine, as he sits comfortably on that ridiculous 9 m/y we offered him. He knows he can screw up and get away with it because we've put ourselves in a position where we can't afford to fire him.
Germany wasnt that good in 2016, they were in transition phase after losing Lahm and Klose, Schweinsteiger decline. They were facing bad teams all torunament, went to penalties against Italy, and were smoked by France.

10th place Chelsea was champions in 2015. Lack of quality obviously wasnt the reason they finished 10th.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Germany wasnt that good in 2016, they were in transition phase after losing Lahm and Klose, Schweinsteiger decline. They were facing bad teams all torunament, went to penalties against Italy, and were smoked by France.

10th place Chelsea was champions in 2015. Lack of quality obviously wasnt the reason they finished 10th.
And yet to get there in the first place he still needed to beat Spain and Belgium with an attack force of Giaccherini and Eder, which he did. That's enough of an achievement on it's own.

Why do you go to such lengths to downplay Conte's successes but not Allegri's? I could easily also argue that much of Allegri's success lies on the fact that he inherited a league-winning squad as well. But I'm not here to argue that he wasnt a successful coach like you are doing with Conte. Give credit where credit is due.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And yet to get there in the first place he still needed to beat Spain and Belgium with an attack force of Giaccherini and Eder, which he did. That's enough of an achievement on it's own.

Why do you go to such lengths to downplay Conte's successes but not Allegri's? I could easily also argue that much of Allegri's success lies on the fact that he inherited a league-winning squad as well. But I'm not here to argue that he wasnt a successful coach like you are doing with Conte. Give credit where credit is due.
Why do you go to such lengths to present those results as something extraordinary/amazing/unheard of. Italy made the final 2012 and won the whole thing 2021. Yet it is the tournament in between that you are the most fascinated with. Now that I showed you Germany wasn't really the peak team of previous tournaments, you bring up Spain and Belgium. Denmark made the semis this last Euro, Switzerland eliminated France. 2016 Iceland went as far as Italy, eliminating England on their way. Belgium smartly calculated that the winner of that group would have to go through Spain/Croatia, Germany (most likely) and France (most likely). While 2nd team would go through Hungary, N. Ireland, Wales and the likes. Since the new format was introduced, calculation can be important in the GS. Conte couldn't recognize this so he has himself to blame only. Spain had Nolito and Morata in attack, are you gonna say it was golden generation Spain too? Buffon, BBC, De Rossi, Insigne, those players didn't exist for you? It was Conte taking Eder and Giaccherini to a incredible QF success, a tale that will be told for centuries.

Ok, try to argue that claim, Allegris success being because of inheriting a winning team, let's see how much more ridiculous it can get

Edit: also, show me where I said Conte wasn't a successful coach

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)