Antonio Conte (52 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What are they going to do, not turn up? I think that ship has sailed once or twice already.
Not sure. They have been vocal before when we tried to sign what's his face from Inter...but they are usually quiet over the transfer market. Maybe they learned to trust the management after seeing the team win in person over the last 6 years that the rest of us on the internet fighting for scraps can't quite comprehend. :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

People are so obsessed with winning this trophy that it has distorted everything else, created a horrible bitterness that won't fade until we win it.
Pretty much.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
People are so obsessed with winning this trophy that it has distorted everything else, created a horrible bitterness that won't fade until we win it.
tbh i can't blame anybody for that. 5 lost finals in 20 years, that's quite a lot. i can't even stand those #le6end flashbacks by the club on fb :D

oh, and as this is the conte thread: fuck him if he takes sandro. he hasn't shown a single sign of loyalty towards juve since he left, so i wouldn't be surprised at all.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
A scenario where we accept a bid isn't forcing a player out. The more people sit and overanalyse to put pieces together the more extreme the scenario becomes.

- - - Updated - - -

Right about what, leaving? I agree.
He knew this management would sell every summer so he left. That is probably the reason why Vidal wasn't sold in 2014.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He knew this management would sell every summer so he left. That is probably the reason why Vidal wasn't sold in 2014.
He knew it.

Regardless of the fact that not one player of significance was sold under his watch. But somehow he could see the future. And the ironry is that no players were sold the summer that he left, either. It was only the summer of 2015 that Vidal was sold

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
He knew it.

Regardless of the fact that not one player of significance was sold under his watch. But somehow he could see the future. And the ironry is that no players were sold the summer that he left, either. It was only the summer of 2015 that Vidal was sold
They talked about it, didn't get assurances that players were going to be kept so he left. Juve didn't want to lose Conte + Vidal so they kept him for one more year. 1+1 = 2

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They talked about it, didn't get assurances that players were going to be kept so he left. Juve didn't want to lose Conte + Vidal so they kept him for one more year. 1+1 = 2
How do you know this?

With all due respect to Conte, he was the same coach who got all sorts of pissed off at losing Giaccherini an Matri.

Jun 6, 2015
He left because he thought he couldn't do any better with Juventus, Max came and did just that.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know this?

With all due respect to Conte, he was the same coach who got all sorts of pissed off at losing Giaccherini an Matri.
He obviously doesn't. He has created this nice little world in his head, let him live in that illusion if he wants to.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Nah, he just thought he'd have more money to spend in a big PL team, which is obvious. Maybe the two go hand-in-hand but not necessarily.

Conte got mad about everybody that was sold, he wanted to be a SAF-type manager who controlled everything, because that's his personality. That role doesn't really exist anymore, but owners can promise all sorts of things.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I've witnessed the 03, 15 and 17 finals and I can admit that yes, I'm obsessed with the idea of Juve conquering Europe. can't imagine what it's like for those who watched also the 2 finals lost in the late 90ties. can't imagine what Buffon feels like about those last 3 finals :cry: especially the 03, he played such a perfect game

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I've witnessed the 03, 15 and 17 finals and I can admit that yes, I'm obsessed with the idea of Juve conquering Europe. can't imagine what it's like for those who watched also the 2 finals lost in the late 90ties. can't imagine what Buffon feels like about those last 3 finals :cry: especially the 03, he played such a perfect game
Imaging seeing the massive offside

Yup.

Always remember the massive offside

Thing is, we won it in '96. Going 3 consecutive finals was like "we'll win it again soon". Bit like real today if they hadnt won it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I completely understand, but it's so dangerous because you have to get almost everything right past the group stage.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He left because he thought he couldn't do any better with Juventus, Max came and did just that.
Thats why he wont be a top manager for me. Max came here did slightly better in CL with out complaining while he was obsessed with 100 points record so much that we lost chance to win EL in our city. I respected him as a coach but imo he didnt care about club so much. To leave us because of some transfers which were impossible is just childish and I will never accept that.

I just hope we meet his Chelsea in CL and kick their asses with Alex Sandro beign owned by Sturaro as right wing.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Thats why he wont be a top manager for me. Max came here did slightly better in CL with out complaining while he was obsessed with 100 points record so much that we lost chance to win EL in our city. I respected him as a coach but imo he didnt care about club so much. To leave us because of some transfers which were impossible is just childish and I will never accept that.

I just hope we meet his Chelsea in CL and kick their asses with Alex Sandro beign owned by Sturaro as right wing.
I really hope you're wrong...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 32)