Antonio Conte (21 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
More like going out in the group stages again
with 3 teams progressing? no way

- - - Updated - - -

Because mls sucks balls and any pro who chooses to go there basically gives up on his career and will find it very hard to be taken seriously, this is also a good occasion to tell that mls journo dude to get stuffed
i agree with Conte about his MLS comments and i love how butthurt that guy was because of them. but i cant help but feel it would still be good to have a Pirlo vs Germany, if nothing else, to put him on in 120th minute to take a penalty. 6 strikers was too much anyway, could have done with 5, but with an additional midfielder instead, if not Pirlo then atleast Jorginho or even Montolivo

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

i agree with Conte about his MLS comments and i love how butthurt that guy was because of them. but i cant help but feel it would still be good to have a Pirlo vs Germany, if nothing else, to put him on in 120th minute to take a penalty. 6 strikers was too much anyway, could have done with 5, but with an additional midfielder instead, if not Pirlo then atleast Jorginho or even Montolivo
Pirlo will not want to go as a spectator, also we dont know the real reason why jorginho wasn't called, as for montolivo lol

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Prandelli would not have beaten Belgium or Sweden with this team

fuck montolivo, useless shite, his injuries were a blessing in disguise for Italy

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Prandelli would not have beaten Belgium or Sweden with this team

fuck montolivo, useless shite, his injuries were a blessing in disguise for Italy
Sweden is crap, if i was coaching Italy, we would have won. hed get a draw atleast in the remaining 2 games and that would be enough. in fact, hed probably go further than Conte btw, but not because hes a better coach or anything, but since he would likely finish 2nd with some 4-5 points in the group and play Hungary, Wales and Portugal on the route to the final

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
imagine if prandelli was in charge of this team... what a diabolical show it would have been.
Prandelli proved to be average coach at best by calling both Cassano and Balotelli to Euro 2012.

he did ge screwed. not having de rossi and candreva.

marchisio and verratti injuries.

but let's be real, calling up sturaro ahead of pirlo and no giovinco but zaza? whhhuuuuutttt
Giovinco over Zaza? Based on what?

Montolivo? If Montolivo is a professional football player then I must be a combination of Del Piero and Totti in one.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Pirlo will not want to go as a spectator, also we dont know the real reason why jorginho wasn't called, as for montolivo lol
youre probably right about Pirlo and Jorginho, but Montolivo was one of Milans best players in the coppa final vs us, he would raise his game like everyone did under Conte and in a working system. he could have done more as a regista than Parolo and id definitely trust him to take a penalty. but there are other midfielders that could have helped, Bonaventura, Soriano or Saponara for example. or trust one of the young guys like Benassi, Cataldi or Baselli. the CM department was thin for a 3 man midfield

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
No man, Pirlo is 37 and counting. He is too old and he was on the verge of his abilities when he left Juve. He would obvs not be in condition for a game like the one was played vs Germany, where the midfield had to sacrivice a lot.

Conte got fuked up by Marchisio´s Verrati´s and DErossi´s injuries.

That midfield which was presented against germany was shid going forward. Very mediocre.

Lol, you cant take someone to tournament only because you trust them with penalties, otherwise Del Piero would still be a nt player

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No man, Pirlo is 37 and counting. He is too old and he was on the verge of his abilities when he left Juve. He would obvs not be in condition for a game like the one was played vs Germany, where the midfield had to sacrivice a lot.

Conte got fuked up by Marchisio´s Verrati´s and DErossi´s injuries.

That midfield which was presented against germany was shid going forward. Very mediocre.
he played 352 but had only 5 CMs, and 6 strikers. could definitely drop one, probably Immobile, and take an additional CM. Montolivo, Jorginho and Pirlo were all among the 30 names if i remember correctly, so logically one of them would be called up if Conte decided to take 6 CMs instead of 5

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, you cant take someone to tournament only because you trust them with penalties, otherwise Del Piero would still be a nt player
did i say i would take someone for that reason alone?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he played 352 but had only 5 CMs, and 6 strikers. could definitely drop one, probably Immobile, and take an additional CM. Montolivo, Jorginho and Pirlo were all among the 30 names if i remember correctly, so logically one of them would be called up if Conte decided to take 6 CMs instead of 5

Well he fuked up there, regarding his CM selection... hut i dont know if pirlo was the answer. But who knows. Maybe for a half...maybe...because i dont think pirlo is even near competitive form. Giovinco could have made the cut but Pirlo i dont think so..

btw

http://www.football-italia.net/86821/half-glass-azzurri

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Conte critics :sergio: Guy called up around 70 players during his spell in the NT in the past 2 years, no doubt i was surprised that Jorginho and Berardi didn't make it to last 23 with all these injuries, but it's up to coach to choose the players that he needs, and he proved that even with 11 pieces of wood he can build a squad that will be capable to beat anyone, yet you still criticize him but only if Zaza/Pelle would have scored that penalties now you would say how genius conte is and he is a magician

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Juventino[RUS];5306094 said:
Conte critics :sergio: Guy called up around 70 players during his spell in the NT in the past 2 years, no doubt i was surprised that Jorginho and Berardi didn't make it to last 23 with all these injuries, but it's up to coach to choose the players that he needs, and he proved that even with 11 pieces of wood he can build a squad that will be capable to beat anyone, yet you still criticize him but only if Zaza/Pelle would have scored that penalties now you would say how genius conte is and he is a magician
Sturaro >> Jorginho

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pretty sure that with De Rossi Italy would have defeated Germany.

Each game he played, you could see Italy's gameplan take a hit when he got subbed.

Goddamn we went with parolo, injured sturaro and Giaccherini against the mannshaft, and they needed a deflection and penalty luck to get past us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)