Antonio Conte (211 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Del Bosque is way over rated. Conte completely made him look like an idiot this match.

Without Xavi to have insane possession for the team Del Bosque has no where to hide.

All he ever did was play his best players in their best position and got so much praise for it by making spain a worse team than the team he took over.

Conte has delivered a masterclass in management in this tournament.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When you see Spain just booting the ball forwards when Italy hardly have a stellar midfield then you know they got the approach spectacularly wrong, it was actually easy at times.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
All he ever did was play his best players in their best position and got so much praise for it by making spain a worse team than the team he took over.
Michel Salgado mentioned this on MENA Bein Sports.

He said Del Bosque is more of a motivator than a tactician and that his strong suit is knowing who to pick for his first team and waiting for them to click, but he got it wrong this time round with some of his selections and not rotating.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Michel Salgado mentioned this on MENA Bein Sports.

He said Del Bosque is more of a motivator than a tactician and that his strong suit is knowing who to pick for his first team and waiting for them to click, but he got it wrong this time round with some of his selections and not rotating.
Whatever the selection, there is no excuse to get hammered by this Italy squad like that. Conte is getting the boys to punch way over their weight. Del Bosque has his guys performing at their average level.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Whatever the selection, there is no excuse to get hammered by this Italy squad like that. Conte is getting the boys to punch way over their weight. Del Bosque has his guys performing at their average level.
No doubt. Give Conte that exact Spanish team and he'd dominate and destroy everyone on his way to the title.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
When you see Spain just booting the ball forwards when Italy hardly have a stellar midfield then you know they got the approach spectacularly wrong, it was actually easy at times.
No Xavi and Iniesta playing like world beaters. His tactics were poor last night not having both of them running the show.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Haha same feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Italy are actually better off facing teams from the bracket of death. They simply matchup well against the big teams imo.

I would say the same for Portugal.
At the moment Portugal is getting pretty forgotten. But like a classic italy, when they have to 'not lose' rather then "must win', the situation changes dramatically.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's the best tactician in the tournament, that much is obvious. And it's playing into his hands from now on, no more Sweden's or Ireland's, it'd be Germany, France and probably Belgium were they to progress through, all sides his underdog approach would fit well with.
Of course he's not bad tactically, but the 3-5-2 does get old. Imo Conte's not about master tactical ideas, but about bringing determination to his players. Every player coached by him says he felt Conte got the maximum out of him.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Of course he's not bad tactically, but the 3-5-2 does get old. Imo Conte's not about master tactical ideas, but about bringing determination to his players. Every player coached by him says he felt Conte got the maximum out of him.
Thing is, the 3-5-2 is the ideal formation to make this kind of coaching work, as it gets the best out of motivational play. Its horrible to play against a 3-5-2 that has each player run 12km/90mins

Btw, Giac ran 12.97km against Spain.

12.97km.

Dafuq.

I know teams in red who barely made 9 cause too buzy finding a purse that fitted their nail polish

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Thing is, the 3-5-2 is the ideal formation to make this kind of coaching work, as it gets the best out of motivational play. Its horrible to play against a 3-5-2 that has each player run 12km/90mins

Btw, Giac ran 12.97km against Spain.

12.97km.

Dafuq.

I know teams in red who barely made 9 cause too buzy finding a purse that fitted their nail polish
Yeah, I agree. I think for the way Conte wants his team to play, it's the perfect set up. But so far it's also all I've ever seen him do. Then again, I think the motivational aspect of a coach is just as, if not more, important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 211)