Antonio Conte (124 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What exactly we needed him for?
Was there any chance that he would replace Licht?

Isla is not a wingback either...
He played CM, RM, RWB, RW, and LB for Udinese. Not only was he someone that if he had regained his pre-injury form, would have played RW in a 4-3-3, but his versatility was something that Juve were looking at as well. Now, I have no idea what happened after this injury. Maybe it was the pressure of playing for Juve, I don't know. This is not the same player that was playing for Udinese. He was flat out explosive with Udine.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I have no idea what happened after this injury. Maybe it was the pressure of playing for Juve, I don't know. This is not the same player that was playing for Udinese. He was flat out explosive with Udine.
Im sure of one thing tho... when a player has skills, he has skills. And theres no injury that will take that away from him, unless is a career ending one.

When Camoranesi came here, he showed right away in the first half of his first season that the guy god mad skills. Im not saying Isla can be as good as camo, but hey...the dude has not been able to do ONE thing right in 2 years. Thats just too much.

And we are not talking about an almiron or Martinez who barely played.... he has got his fair share of minutes to leave his mark...and has failed royally.

That game against trabsonspor away...when we were cruising them and he was like the whole game being unmarked... that day was my final straw with him. And i have not forgotten his brainfart against Galatasaray..which ultimately killed our last hopes to qualify.

I want him away from Juventus. I dont want to ever see his face again.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Am I the only one who is starting to believe that keeping 3-5-2 is the best idea going into next season? Just get someone to replace Lichtsteiners non existent offence and we'll be fine. Cuadrado down that flank would be perfect. The real problem with our 3-5-2 is our wingbacks, I love Licht but he's not ideal for this formation.

Also Licht speaking the truth. Conte and Marotta have no excuse.

“Financially speaking, clearly the top Italian clubs, including Juve, can't keep up with the big boys in Spain, England and France.

“However, we can't use that as an excuse. Dortmund reached the Champions League final last year, Sevilla captured the Europa League this season, Atletico Madrid won the Liga title and qualified for the Champions League final, and none of these clubs have the sort of budget the big Italian sides do.

“If success has smiled on them, why shouldn't it smile on us?”
I hate it when people compare us to Dortmund and Atletico. We're so much bigger and make so much more money than those guys do.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its all about our loser mentality and approach. As long as we do not dare to try, and cvonvince ourselves we can win..we will not anything. We can have all the sanchezes we want.. but if our approach continue being piss poor, we have no hope.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Am I the only one who is starting to believe that keeping 3-5-2 is the best idea going into next season? Just get someone to replace Lichtsteiners non existent offence and we'll be fine. Cuadrado down that flank would be perfect. The real problem with our 3-5-2 is our wingbacks, I love Licht but he's not ideal for this formation.

Also Licht speaking the truth. Conte and Marotta have no excuse.

I hate it when people compare us to Dortmund and Atletico. We're so much bigger and make so much more money than those guys do.
So why do they do well in Europe and we don't?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I really liked Isla's signing when it happened.

He seemed to have proper potential to become a WC right wingback. He was so explosive and confident at Udinese. His skills were good, but his athleticism and aggressiveness were outstanding.

Thus I don't blame Marotta/Conte for this one. At that moment it seemed just right, like Asamoah, which really turned up very well.

The guy simply couldn't handle the pressure. He can be a great WB, I'm still sure of that. But he couldn't handle Juventus. Let's see how he'll do in the WC. He can still have some value.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
It's funny how people crack their head in understanding how we are not good in Europe for a season when everything went bad. :lol: Oh, I forget we are the fucking first big team in history to go out early on group stages. Manchester City did it 2 years in a row, playing way worse than us, and this year in the Round of 16. In three years they had overall a WORSE result than us, therefore they are a team of minnows. Makes sense. To don't talk about that team of clowns, Sir Alex's United, that went out more than once at the group stage.

But they didn't make the final, oh, ok, they were, and are not competitive. Yeah. So let's see the lucky teams that made it. People talk about Dortmund and Atletico, "the model to follow" (we don't need money, youngsters, the line-up, be smart, Marotta jackass, Conte clown)... Well, let's see their result in the season before they've reached the CL final.

Borussia 2011/12: LAST in the Group Stage of CL 11/12, 4 points. Mighty Olympiakos takes the spot for Europa League. Almost the same team will head to the final next year.
Atletico Madrid 2012/13: Europa League, Round of 32, knocked out by Rubin Kazan. Pretty decent I'd say, not like our horrible EL campaign. Almost the same team will head to the final next year.

;) Oh shit, sorry I forgot, probably they were just unlucky, while we were "smashed" and "owned" by Galatasaray and Kobenhavn, being lucky to get out with a draw and didn't see the ball against Real. And we were knocked out in perfectly normal circumstances, nothing strange. A simple CL match, where everything went as expected, no problem, especially logistic.

Oh, and in last 2 seasons we are one of the teams that gained most UEFA coefficient points overall, and if we keep it for the next seasons we will be in Pot 1 without many problems, but that still mean shit.

Maybe it hurts the fact that in his first ever appearence of Conte in CL we had such a bad result. At least in our first experience we could have at least arrived in the QF and being knocked out by the likes of Madrid or Bayern Munchen... That would have been different.

But what is the problem? Conte's hair, Agnelli's unibrow, too much italiens, the Juventus Stadium too little? There must be a reason for such alarmism, a such reiterated European failure. I've got an idea: let's change everything. Can't go worse than this.

Let's hire Allegri, no? He's a freebie. After all his European pedigree is clear, in 4 years, no ever knocked out in the group stages. :klin: Vote Allegri. Vote Allegri for glory.

Sir Miss-A-Lot

May 22, 2013
@AlexOB great post! I agree with your point. Off course it's dissapointing and frustrating as hell when we have a couple of bad matches and bust out in the group stage, but i think people are overreacting a bit.

Btw, i wouldn't put too much into the words of Conte and co. I'm 100 % sure it's not the same he says in the locker room. He always demand the players to give their all, wanting to win every match - i'm kinda tired of this "we have such a bad mentality in Europe"-shit. We didn't cope well with the pressure this season in the group stage, where we after a bad start failed to show up when we needed it the most, but just because Conte and Marotta tells media to calm down a little, doesn't mean the team is a bunch of wimps... With a little patience i'm sure we will see our team go to the latter stages the coming seasons. We might not get to the semi finals this year, but i'm sure we will improve.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Alright. Let me get this straight.

When we fail in Europe, it's because we were unlucky, individual mistakes, and all that jazz.

However, when we succeed, it's because we got our tactics right, a favorable draw, and everyone performed as they are expected to.

I just need closure and clarification on this matter.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Alright. Let me get this straight.

When we fail in Europe, it's because we were unlucky, individual mistakes, and all that jazz.

However, when we succeed, it's because we got our tactics right, a favorable draw, and everyone performed as they are expected to.

I just need closure and clarification on this matter.

When we fail = Marotta's purchases, 3-5-2, Agnelli being ugly and disrespecting Del Piero, Too many Italiens.

When we succeed = All because of Conte, The non Italien players stepping up, 4-3-3 (even if we win with the 3-5-2)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 116)