Antonio Conte (25 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
"The future of Antonio Conte is yet to be deciphered, but his future might still be in Torino. Positive signs show that Antonio Conte could still sit on the bench for Juventus. At this time in Turin there's caution but also optimism for the permanence of Antonio Conte as coach of Juventus for next season. It's a sign that things are being worked out. The coach of three-time champion Italy should remain, and fans are hoping."

Di Marzio

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
this is the impression im begining to have to be honest, it's all most as if he wants to pin the Euro failure on the board. I personally think he's realised he's took us as far as he can go. He won't have a better Serie A season than this, and he can't see us doing well in Europe.

edit

BTW I'm not expecting us to win the CL with the squad we have, but if he thinks our squad enough isn't good enough to get more than one win in the CL then he is extremely deluded.
If you operate a football business at a profit, you end up running Sampdoria which plowed into Serie B once they cashed out on Cassano, Pazzini, etc. The best you can target is break-even.
:tup: :tup: Two very sensible posts.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Transfer targets before Conte agrees to stay: Di Maria, Sanchez, Kolarov, Cuadrado.

Targets after he agrees to stay: Whichever Serie A journeymen we can get on the cheap.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We should all be supporting the continuation of the Conte project and setting this team up for more success in Europe. As it stands, he exceeded expectations with a QF the first year in CL and failed this year. Round of 16 is where our squads current level should be guaranteed every year, with a good transfer market we could move that line to minimum QF. At the moment we have a team that is worthy of top 16 in Europe, likely around number 10-12 in terms of strength on paper. I'd like us to invest 60-80 mil this window and jump ourselves to a top 5-6 team. That way, we can expect QFs minimum and some years better, without being delusional. The board should support this.

Football teams don't make profits. At best, they break even (without some very creative accounting). Unless we want to become like Arsenal and not win anything for 10 more years... Some good investment that would all but guarantee a QF in the CL each year, would help us get to that break even point each year. And Conte so far has shown he is the right man to lead us. If we invest and he fails in Europe next year, then you move on, but so far he has shown nothing that would suggest that he will. A one year European blip is nothing. I'm pretty sure he is as hard on himself for the European failure as anyone else is, besides idiots calling for his head. He's trying to rally support for improving the squad and giving it more tactical flexibility and regardless of method, (this can be debated, although suggesting it is blackmail is silly) that should be supported.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If Conte stays and Marotta starts to sign "his" players, I can't wait to hear the "Conte wants" and the "Conte does not want".
Conte never wanted Di Maria, that was just rumors. He really wanted Cerci because he fits the 3-5-2 a lot better. Not to mention Di Maria isn't fit for Serie A and would probably die. Cerci has that 6th instinct on dodging butter knives thrown by fans.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Transfer targets before Conte agrees to stay: Di Maria, Sanchez, Kolarov, Cuadrado.

Targets after he agrees to stay: Whichever Serie A journeymen we can get on the cheap.
transfers DONE before Conte agrees to stay: Di Maria, Sanchez, Kolarov, Cuadrado

transfers after he agrees to stay: Menez, Gabbiadini, Pereyra

4-2-3-1 :tuttosport:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We should all be supporting the continuation of the Conte project and setting this team up for more success in Europe. As it stands, he exceeded expectations with a QF the first year in CL and failed this year. Round of 16 is where our squads current level should be guaranteed every year, with a good transfer market we could move that line to minimum QF. At the moment we have a team that is worthy of top 16 in Europe, likely around number 10-12 in terms of strength on paper. I'd like us to invest 60-80 mil this window and jump ourselves to a top 5-6 team. That way, we can expect QFs minimum and some years better, without being delusional. The board should support this.

Football teams don't make profits. At best, they break even (without some very creative accounting). Unless we want to become like Arsenal and not win anything for 10 more years... Some good investment that would all but guarantee a QF in the CL each year, would help us get to that break even point each year. And Conte so far has shown he is the right man to lead us. If we invest and he fails in Europe next year, then you move on, but so far he has shown nothing that would suggest that he will. A one year European blip is nothing. I'm pretty sure he is as hard on himself for the European failure as anyone else is, besides idiots calling for his head. He's trying to rally support for improving the squad and giving it more tactical flexibility and regardless of method, (this can be debated, although suggesting it is blackmail is silly) that should be supported.
I already booked my plane ticket to participate in the protests in Turin on Sunday, I urge you do the same.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Just give him players he wants. Elkann brothers have the money. Fuck cricket.
That's the only way we could spend some more. When you look at it we haven't actually been saving funds in the previous few year. I posted figures around here somewhere of our overall expenditure on the market in the last 3 years, and it goes beyond 200m of Euros. We still don't know what his demands are, but if he expects that our mgt invests 100m this summer, he's got another thing coming. Without Exor to invest some of its profit from last year we could never be able to support investment of that magnitude and would risk greatly. Agnelli has very little to do with that, he's not the one to pull the major strings. Also I cannot blame Elkan's since they invested 150m few years ago directly into the clubs and have been supplying us with cheap loans ever since, with 2-3% of interest. I hope we soon find out what is the main problem between these two, as media speculate too much and I don't find them particularly credible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)