Antonio Conte (313 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Someone else's comment but very well put together :

Probably because, in fact, he is tired. And this time I think we risk that if does go seriously.

The problem is not with the company, I think his problem is with the expectations of the fans. This shows how much we take in the world Juve. He knows that no matter what the company will invest in the market, the idiot end of our supporters (read: most) failure to consider the semi-finals of the Champions next year an epic failure. And as a coach, and experienced much more than the fools in here, football, knows that there is still a lot of work to get to that point.

The people in here watching the sporadic examples, Atletico, Borussia.

No one realizes that they are bursts of one or two years before returning to the back burner for a decade. When he woke up Atletico Madrid? Those who knew him in Europe? Who relies on his stay at the highest level for more than 2 years? I would not put a penny.

Conte would like to build a team and a project that progressively reduce the gap and he realized that with this environment in the world Juve is not possible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Someone else's comment but very well put together :

Probably because, in fact, he is tired. And this time I think we risk that if does go seriously.

The problem is not with the company, I think his problem is with the expectations of the fans. This shows how much we take in the world Juve. He knows that no matter what the company will invest in the market, the idiot end of our supporters (read: most) failure to consider the semi-finals of the Champions next year an epic failure. And as a coach, and experienced much more than the fools in here, football, knows that there is still a lot of work to get to that point.

The people in here watching the sporadic examples, Atletico, Borussia.

No one realizes that they are bursts of one or two years before returning to the back burner for a decade. When he woke up Atletico Madrid? Those who knew him in Europe? Who relies on his stay at the highest level for more than 2 years? I would not put a penny.

Conte would like to build a team and a project that progressively reduce the gap and he realized that with this environment in the world Juve is not possible.
gimme names Conte! i will fucking sort them out, I already know of a few here.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Because there are people(media and fans alike) that overrate this squad and actually believe this team can win CL.
I dont want to this grp stages argument again where we were one big mess so there's no point dwelling over it now.
See,if Atletico can repeat the feat of reaching a Cl final,then u might have a point.But these things have happened on many occasions in this competition.
Monaco and Porto contested a CL final 10 yrs ago and they barely achieved anything in CL after that.Biggest problem for these kind of clubs is self-sustainibility.These teams find it hard to sustain success cos they're self-sustainable financially.
Juve on the other hand are working on becoming a top 8 club financially and a regular fixture in the latter stages of cl.
Im sure u wud like to see Juve regularly make deep CL runs and win it and some point rather than making a CL final in 1 yr and then fall into obscurity because u're not rich enough to hold on to ur best players.Right?

- - - Updated - - -

They're not*
:tup:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How many of those guys are close to the first team?

I think the future of Immobile will show where Juve stand as far as their youth policy goes.

unless you are exceptional you dont get chances to develop at big sides, immobile will most likely be sold because hes still a question mark and will not want to ride the bench, fairly so id say. Youth policy for a club like Juve is you invest in 200 players to get 2-3 that will make it to the senior team.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
At the same time, Juve can't compete with the big dogs in the transfer market. They need to start investing in young talent (not relying on it), not just to use as bargaining chips, but to actually compete in the 1st team. If they don't, in a couple seasons, they'll run the risk of ending up like the Milan teams.
Agreed.Not a whole host of talents,but one or two.Juve have no problem signing defenders and midfielders who are ready articles but its the attackers who obviously cost more hence all these investments on gabbiadini, berardi etc i suppose.
It wudnt hurt taking a risk on some young talented south american kid either like that Correa guu for instance.
We just need to balance out our transfer strategy in the end.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We're in for bad times if Conte leaves. The pressure of expectations on the new coach...

If it's Prandelli...

Dear God...
Well, if Conte leaves it's over (for now). Huge step backwards. Not saying we won't ever be successful again, because we're Juve and we will. But I can't see us winning any titles next season if he leaves.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Well, if Conte leaves it's over (for now). Huge step backwards. Not saying we won't ever be successful again, because we're Juve and we will. But I can't see us winning any titles next season if he leaves.
And the best part is some expect us to take europe by storm .....just imagine if we dont even win the title next year with a new coach . Meltdown.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This is just Conte's personality. He's a bit petulant and rarely takes criticism of any kind in a thoughtful manner. He's very intense and stubborn. There are alot of good managers around the world that are like this however.

He's just trying to pressure management to spend more money and get better players. The only way he'll leave is if management tells him that we can't improve the squad. And even then, the chances are slim IMO.

I do find it a bit disappointing that he still can't realize that our failings in Europe are a legitimate criticism. 1 win out 4 games vs. FCK and Gala is why we did not advance in the CL. And we were put out again in the EL by an inferior squad. You don't need PSG money to get through those scenarios.

Conte: "To win in Europe with Juve? You can't eat with 10 euro at a restaurant where the bill is 100 euro." #gds

That's just such a stupid comment. You don't need "100 euro" to get through the group stages ffs. I don't think many people were really upset that we lost to the champs Bayern last year. But this year was different and there's no denying we failed in that regard. That's just the reality of the situation.

3 years ago we were shit, yes. But there has been alot of work put into this team from Conte and people other than Conte to put us into a position where we can reasonably expect to make it past FCK and Gala in year 3 now.

Does Conte ever think about how Marotta feels when he gets a player like Llorente for fucking free and the guy rides the bench for the full 90 minutes as we draw FCK in the CL?

Conte has done so much for Juve but he talks like his hands are tied. If he wants wingers I fucking guarantee Marotta will get him some quality wingers. If he wants Ronaldo or Messi than I guess he's just going to have to switch clubs.

I like Conte and hope he stays and improves, just like every other person involved with Juventus. Sometimes his personality can be annoying though.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This is just Conte's personality. He's a bit petulant and rarely takes criticism of any kind in a thoughtful manner. He's very intense and stubborn. There are alot of good managers around the world that are like this however.

He's just trying to pressure management to spend more money and get better players. The only way he'll leave is if management tells him that we can't improve the squad. And even then, the chances are slim IMO.

I do find it a bit disappointing that he still can't realize that our failings in Europe are a legitimate criticism. 1 win out 4 games vs. FCK and Gala is why we did not advance in the CL. And we were put out again in the EL by an inferior squad. You don't need PSG money to get through those scenarios.

Conte: "To win in Europe with Juve? You can't eat with 10 euro at a restaurant where the bill is 100 euro." #gds

That's just such a stupid comment. You don't need "100 euro" to get through the group stages ffs. I don't think many people were really upset that we lost to the champs Bayern last year. But this year was different and there's no denying we failed in that regard. That's just the reality of the situation.

3 years ago we were $#@!, yes. But there has been alot of work put into this team from Conte and people other than Conte to put us into a position where we can reasonably expect to make it past FCK and Gala in year 3 now.

Does Conte ever think about how Marotta feels when he gets a player like Llorente for $#@!ing free and the guy rides the bench for the full 90 minutes as we draw FCK in the CL?

Conte has done so much for Juve but he talks like his hands are tied. If he wants wingers I $#@!ing guarantee Marotta will get him some quality wingers. If he wants Ronaldo or Messi than I guess he's just going to have to switch clubs.

I like Conte and hope he stays and improves, just like every other person involved with Juventus. Sometimes his personality can be annoying though.
Exactly. Those comments are not welcomed.
If he wants to discuss this things, is better to do it on closed doors instead of crying in the media.

But make no mistake, he knows he is in part to blame for some of the mistakes we did in europe, but again, is easier to blame everyone else but him.

The guy is a hero, and we shoudnt let him go because theres a bigger chance of us sucking if he leaves, but conte pls those comments... gimme a break.

Better shut it and say it in the face of andrea and marotta instead of crying out loud.

He is excusing himself and portraying as a victim. Thats not good.

Better man up, lick the wounds, prepare different tactics and start again for next season, instead of crying for falcaos and cavanis.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I think Conte should shut his mouth, we are big spenders, hate it or love it, we've spent more than 200 millions in the past 3 seasons yet he is talking about money :sergio: He said that Juventus has reached the limit, i don't agree, it's not the limit, we have room to improve, we have room to try something new, but yet he is talking about fucking money instead of trying new formations :sergio: no doubt he has/had a big money offer probably from Monaco or whoever and now he wants to see if our board of directors will give him enough money to sign players that he wants or not....Stupid mind games in the press, seriously, Antonio?! It was so necessary to say it loud right now?! Instead of god damn celebrations?! Not in the private talks with the president and the CEO? :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 308)