Antonio Conte (140 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If the team is playing poorly, the responsibility lies with the coach. Simple. Let's not act like our defence has been fantastic all season and we only concede from "freak" goals - the defence has been getting worse every week.
the defense has been good and we are mostly conceding from freak goals yes. We drew the Inter game because we gave them a free goal. We were the much better side against Galata yet we drew again because of freak goals. We almost had a draw with Milan because of weak goals.

How about we pull up the fixture list and re-watch all the goals we conceded this year and then deduct the ones that came from individual mistakes and see how many normal goals did we concede?

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:
Who's responsible for starting the players making mistakes over and over again? We have a backup CB, bought with millions of Cr$ and a solid backup goalkeeper as well.
Storari isnt really a solid back up but I do agree.. Ogbonna should be used to threaten Bonnucci and Chiellini at the very least.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
The defense was excellent for some 70 minutes against Viola. The everything collapsed which was likely a mixture of concentration and plain old bad luck.

It does, however, seem like the side has concentration issues and those need to be sorted out.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
How about we pull up the fixture list and re-watch all the goals we conceded this year and then deduct the ones that came from individual mistakes and see how many normal goals did we concede
The thing is that now individual mistake goals are our normal goals :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
How is the defense good? The stats don't fucking lie. We have conceded 10 goals in 8 games, at an average of more than 1 per game. We conceded something like 22 goals across an entire season last year. This brain farts and lack of concentration/confidence issues in the defense are a clear indication that the back line needs some reshuffling. Both Bonbon and Chiellini have been playing way below the standards we have become accustomed to from them, and Buffon has all of a sudden forgotten how to parry shots away from the danger zone and comes out prematurely on other plays.

We control the game/tempo and BAM! The first attacking foray into our area results in a freak goal, and we find ourselves a goal behind. This has happened on way too many occasions this season, whether it be in Serie A or the CL. The defense has been shit. A football match is 90+ minutes, not 45, not 70, and not 83. We have to stay focused and alert at all times.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How is the defense good? The stats don't $#@!ing lie. We have conceded 10 goals in 8 games, at an average of more than 1 per game. We conceded something like 22 goals across an entire season last year. This brain farts and lack of concentration/confidence issues in the defense are a clear indication that the back line needs some reshuffling. Both Bonbon and Chiellini have been playing way below the standards we have become accustomed to from them, and Buffon has all of a sudden forgotten how to parry shots away from the danger zone and comes out prematurely on other plays.

We control the game/tempo and BAM! The first attacking foray into our area results in a freak goal, and we find ourselves a goal behind. This has happened on way too many occasions this season, whether it be in Serie A or the CL. The defense has been $#@!. A football match is 90+ minutes, not 45, not 70, and not 83. We have to stay focused and alert at all times.
I didnt say the defense is doing well. I was responding to Aus's claim that the defence has been doing bad even if you take out the individual howlers.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I didnt say the defense is doing well. I was responding to Aus's claim that the defence has been doing bad even if you take out the individual howlers.
I still think it hasn't been anywhere near as solid as it was last season. Concentration levels are down, positioning of the players has been terrible, we look like (and seem to) concede every time our opponents go near our goal.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I still think it hasn't been anywhere near as solid as it was last season. Concentration levels are down, positioning of the players has been terrible, we look like (and seem to) concede every time our opponents go near our goal.
But that's not just the defense. Whole team excluding a couple of players looks clumsy and slow. You see no passion nor that anger even when we concede. Midfield is sleepy gives away so many balls it leaves us opened up for counter attacks. The passing is pure bs and they don't look like they want to run sometimes.

People argue whether Pogba or Marchisio should play or if Pirlo can still make it at his age. The truth is even Vidal has lowered his standard lately not to mention the rest.

These things indicate there's some problem not only with form or our confidence but also our coach. After all it's his job to set up this team considering every aspect of the game. I love Conte because he did extraordinary things for the last 2 seasons with this team but lately he's been very disappointing. In his first season here he had no problem with criticizing our team and himself when something went wrong. Now he it seems like that 4 goal fest in 20 minutes didn't touch him at all. Making excuses here and there is worrying me. One thing is to be respectful for you opponents and another is being a constant victim. With this attitude we're not going anywhere in CL.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I was actually responding to Deep Blue C :p
Then you should've read what I wrote, dear friend. :)

I stated that the defense was good for the first 70 minutes of the game. Didn't say anything about the preceding games. I just merely pointed out that they are capable of performing but have been let down by lapses of concentration - most pointedly immediately following the 70 minutes I specified.

With regards to specific fixes to those issues, I'll leave that to the experts on this board.

But don't quote statistics from all the other games and minutes that I did not include in my assertion in order to disprove that assertion. It's simply not logical.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Then you should've read what I wrote, dear friend. :)

I stated that the defense was good for the first 70 minutes of the game. Didn't say anything about the preceding games. I just merely pointed out that they are capable of performing but have been let down by lapses of concentration - most pointedly immediately following the 70 minutes I specified.

With regards to specific fixes to those issues, I'll leave that to the experts on this board.

But don't quote statistics from all the other games and minutes that I did not include in my assertion in order to disprove that assertion. It's simply not logical.

:lol: i like you bro

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Regardless if we win or lose, something positive has come from the recent circumstances. Conte reazling that he needs to adapt and sometimes change his formation to match the available players. Hopefully we dont turn on the tv tonight and see a 3-5-2

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You guys seriously think that Conte will change his formation against non other than Real Madrid in Madrid !!
Too much stuff in the Italian press for there not to be something going on.

Of course, we don't actually know what Conte's thinking is behind a potential change of system.

The assumption is that Juve's recent poor defensive record or the injury to Lichtsteiner (and the lack of faith in Isla and Padoin) has prompted the change, but you can't discount the possibility that the plan was always to plan with a back four when playing a game like this.

This is really the first game Juve have faced that could give clues as to what Conte learned from the games against Bayern.

Maybe he decided a back three/five just isn't appropriate for games against very strong opponents who play with pacy wingers.

:boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)