Antonio Conte (46 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
Juventus boss Antonio Conte has discussed the Champions League, theScudetto race, his 3-5-2 system and the Italy job with the Italian media on Thursday.
Having attended a UEFA coaching forum in Nyon, the tactician was cornered by journalists at the Hotel Bellevue where he was asked about a variety of subjects.
Starting with the European Cup, he was hopeful that his side could fight for the title after reaching the last eight in 2012-13.
“I’m optimistic even if I know it will be tough,” the 44-year-old commented.
“We have an extra year of experience and that is not to be belittled, as last season we had a lot of players who had never played in the competition and they didn’t know what to expect.
“After Inter won in 2010, I said that it would take some time for another Italian team to lift the Champions League. Now I’m more hopeful because I am seeing change.
“The economical difficulties should not scare us. We need to compensate for that with tactical organisation, technique, mentality and the desire to surprise.
“When you don’t have money you have to use ingenuity and we are good at doing that in Italy.”
Juventus have reigned supreme in Italy over the last 24 months, but Contehas played down suggestions that his side will easily claim a hat-trick ofScudetti.
“The Scudetto will be harder this year because the quality has risen, so whoever wins the title will deserve even more credit.
“There are at least five or six teams battling for the championship. Juventus, Napoli, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina.
“Our next opponents Inter? They are a side who mirror their Coach. They are to be feared because they are strong defensively and can hit you on the break.”
Conte arrived in Turin two years ago with a 4-2-4 system, but the Bianconeriare now recognised as a 3-5-2 outfit.
“The three man defence is ideal for the characteristics of my squad. A lot of people in Europe are curious about it and here at the forum I’ve been asked a lot of questions on it.
“I’ve also got the chance to see [Real boss Carlo] Ancelotti again at the forum, a man who coached me at Juventus for two years. I spoke to him about the upcoming Real games, but we also remembered the past.
“I hugged him because I have great respect for him. I never thought that I would become a coaching colleague of his – that is satisfying.”
Conte was also questioned on the possibility that he could be a contender to replace Cesare Prandelli as Italy boss after World Cup 2014.
“It is too soon to talk about Prandelli’s successor. He is a great Coach, the most suitable to continue his work with the national side where he has constructed an excellent squad who play excellent football.
“Anyway, he hasn’t said officially that he is leaving. As far as I’m concerned, I have a contract at Juventus and I’m very happy in Turin.”

Dec 31, 2008
“I asked Barzagli to make some sacrifices in the first three games and he, despite not being fully fit, made himself available,” the Coach stated this afternoon.
“He’s been training with us for a few days now, but I need to speak with him to understand how he is.
“It’s the same thing for Vucinic, he suffered a tremendous blow to the knee but he trained yesterday and is at our disposal.”
“Two years ago everyone said we made mistakes in the transfer market, that we were a sixth-placed team at best, but we won,” he added.
“I hope the same thing doesn’t happen this year with Inter, who can look to enjoy an excellent season.
“Inter did very badly last term, but [new boss Walter] Mazzarri has a whole week to work with his players ahead of games. They will suffer less injuries and that is a big advantage.
“Inter didn’t have a bad squad last year, otherwise they wouldn’t have won at the Juventus Stadium. They have a good base.
“It is a fundamental game, especially for them in terms of self-esteem,” the former midfielder continued.
“It’s the same thing that occurred with us in the past again Milan, that win gave us the psychological knowledge that we could compete at high levels. We’ll have to be alert because they can fight for the top of the table.”
“Inter have an excellent squad and a good tactician with Mazzarri, who has proved his worth. I think Inter are in the best hands with Mazzarri in charge.
“We know how Inter play and we’ll have to be aware of their counter attacks, especially Fredy Guarin who can split the team into two, and their wide players, as well as Ricky Alvarez and Rodrigo Palacio.
“Would I boss Inter? I’m happy here and I still have another year on my contract.”
“My attackers are all on the same level, then it will be up to me to decide who plays,” he explained.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
I'm guessing with one year left or so on his contract, the board (Marotta) better let him have more freedom with managing his team. Else he won't be laying down any ink on paper. Also lets just say if we happen to win CL this season I will still be worried of his departure, thinking that he has fulfilled his duties for the Old Lady.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I'm guessing with one year left or so on his contract, the board (Marotta) better let him have more freedom with managing his team. Else he won't be laying down any ink on paper. Also lets just say if we happen to win CL this season I will still be worried of his departure, thinking that he has fulfilled his duties for the Old Lady.
It'll be his last season with us and we'll get that stupid Prandelli as his replacement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)