Antonio Conte (59 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

Conte is playing everyone especially the media

they all say we are favorites, we made the squad even stronger and have no competition and Conte was denying it saying we lost 2 important players, are starting from zero again, we don't have the money to make big purchases and all the other clubs have made there squads much stronger

The club wont sell a player without the OK from Conte

Conte said no to the sale of certain players and the club agreed and turned down big money

Conte asked for 4 players and so far has gotten 3

The only thing that he is a little pissed about is that Matri was sold and not Quag (so far)

the media will blow it up as per usual with it involving Juve but what Conte said was all planed and he knew what he was doing
Conte always keeps his cards close to his chest, he never wants to give any thing away. He is smart like this and wants to talk down the teams chances this year so the pressure can be on other teams. Conte is very shrewd and u are 100% right it is an oscar winning performance.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What if he is? :scared:
He can't be.
"Sides like Juventus are forced to sell when important offers are made". Come on, we'd have sold Vidal and Pogba 10 times this summer if this was the case.
Not just Juve, but any big team would have sold a 5th/6th choice Matri for 11m and Giaccherini for 8m. Instead of paying 6.5m eur for their wages, we earn 19m eur. A 25m eur difference for players like Matri and Giaccherini should not be underestimated.

We're doing the right things. It's just a matter of preference who should have been sold between Seba, Matri and Quag. The only thing left to do in order to complete a successful and logical mercato is to buy a more solid alternative to De Ceglie/Peluso. But that would be ideal if we add more quality to the LWB, and strengthen the midfield with another option in Asamoah. I will be pleasantly surprised if it happens. Even if it doesn't happen, we're fine to go, at least until January when we will know if certain areas need more quality/depth.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
A lot of people forget that these transfers, especially the sales, go through Conte. He is fully in the know when we receive an offer for a player. Who do you guys think is vetoing the sales of players like Vidal, Pogba and maybe Pirlo? It's not Marrotta, it's Conte. Beppe's job is to plug the holes of our spends with players who are considered dispensable.

For Conte, all of Isla, Marrone, DeCeglie, Quag, Matri, I'd say even Vucinic at the right price were dispensable. Instead we got the best offers for Giach and Matri, and they were sold. I don't think he's meaning what he says here because it is something he was well aware of from the start. A Tevez couldn't have arrived without another striker leaving. I don't think Conte expected to have 6 strikers at his disposal at any time. He maybe attached to these players, for sentimental reasons, but he knows how this game is played.

The interview is strategy according to me. A) Using diplomacy so the players remember him fondly. I remember how he spoke about Bendtner too, but never really ever used him. More recently, he spoke very kindly about Isla. He's doing the same with Matri and Giacch. B) Keeping the team ready to face the challenges ahead, by saying we are weaker, so they don't feed off all the favourite talk that's gone on all summer. I do believe he liked the player's we've sold, but he knows it was always going to be a trade off.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I love how revisionist history is making Matri and Giaccherini out to be the second coming of Messi and Ribery.

All of a sudden, these two are now vital pieces that Juve cannot hope to recover from.

Really.

They were bench players.
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Conte is playing everyone especially the media

they all say we are favorites, we made the squad even stronger and have no competition and Conte was denying it saying we lost 2 important players, are starting from zero again, we don't have the money to make big purchases and all the other clubs have made there squads much stronger

The club wont sell a player without the OK from Conte

Conte said no to the sale of certain players and the club agreed and turned down big money

Conte asked for 4 players and so far has gotten 3

The only thing that he is a little pissed about is that Matri was sold and not Quag (so far)

the media will blow it up as per usual with it involving Juve but what Conte said was all planed and he knew what he was doing
I also agree with this.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Love how your all calling Conte a genius, even thought YOU ALL recognized his plan to talk down the team. I'm sure the rest of Serie A isn't that gullible

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Conte is just manipulating.

And never being satisfied is a trade of a great winner.
Of course he is. It may also be a ploy to out more pressure on the board to open up their pockets a bit more with regard to purchases by talking about us being weakened etc.

If he is serious, then he is clearly contradicting himself when he speaks of Matri being our highest goalscorer in the last two seasons and a striker he rates highly. Coz if that was the case, why did he bench Matri for fucking Borriello of all people? And then treat him so shabbily last season too. The point is, he knew all along that he was not going to have six strikers at his disposal, he even said so himself a few interviews back that we would be selling some strikers. He may say the same thing if Quag is sold, but truth is, neither Quag or Matri are in his plans. Dunno about the others, but these guys were the first two who were likely to leave.

Clearly, just projecting a stance than really meaning it. Hope it doesn't backfire, and motivates the team rather than deflate them.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The best thing about this summer is we made 19-20m off players like Giach & Matri. :lol:

Thats the sign of a good coach and SD. The SD gets the players for a decent value (not so much Matri) and the coach plays them, wins with them, makes them integral to the foundation of the team then sells them for an increase in value. Not so much Matri in this case but 11-12m from Milan is a steal. We did well this summer in selling them two for that much money.

Shows good traits of the club to be able to sell our players like that I think.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
"players like that", laughing at them, feeling the need to underline that Matri's worth is lower than 11-12m (which it isn't) by calling it a "steal".

Both of those players played their part and were important in winning those last 2 scudetti. You're a disrespectful, ungrateful fan!

You should be ashamed of yourself :(

Spend the entire day in shame, in bed, you should.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
"players like that", laughing at them, feeling the need to underline that Matri's worth is lower than 11-12m (which it isn't) by calling it a "steal".

Both of those players played their part and were important in winning those last 2 scudetti. You're a disrespectful, ungrateful fan!

You should be ashamed of yourself :(

Spend the entire day in shame, in bed, you should.
I feel sorry that those 2 left. I especially liked Giach. Excellent utility player but it is what it is. We needed to sell and the best offers came for the mentioned duo. I would have preferred that we got rid of Quag but he didn't attract enough interest as we could have expected.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I actually think Giacch would've been useful to keep. I rate him much more than Padoin as at least he can offer something offensively. Padoin never did anything interesting in his career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)