Antonio Conte (108 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
  • Tak!

Tak!

So Inzaghi becomes the next coach to take credit for the team Conte built
I think this Inter is stronger than Conte's. Not just on paper but... in hindsight my point seems funny... but Inzaghi has taken a very rigid system and made it more dynamic and more focused on technical facets of football rather than work-rate based. It was the same when Allegri took over. He trained them for six months or so (can't remember) to eventually flip to a four backline. Took away some shackles to free up some creativity but tried to keep a lot of what Conte had built, especially the mental bits.

Inzaghi is to me still a rather inflexible and rigid coach. Allegri can't build and a tactician that doesn't understand how to utilize his own system's strengths. To me, neither are anywhere near great coaches like Ancelotti. They are more like Conte, a one horse pony. Since Inzaghi's system is more advanced than Conte's it takes longer to fully implement. Conte's is very simplistic and more about mind-over-body almost. So his ideas are quicker to implement but become easier and easier to dismantle for the opposition and the rigid system eventually kills it internally. Especially with his personality on top of it. Allegri doesn't have a system, so... very hard to implement. Very easy to dismantle.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
  • Hist

Hist

I think this Inter is stronger than Conte's. Not just on paper but... in hindsight my point seems funny... but Inzaghi has taken a very rigid system and made it more dynamic and more focused on technical facets of football rather than work-rate based. It was the same when Allegri took over. He trained them for six months or so (can't remember) to eventually flip to a four backline. Took away some shackles to free up some creativity but tried to keep a lot of what Conte had built, especially the mental bits.

Inzaghi is to me still a rather inflexible and rigid coach. Allegri can't build and a tactician that doesn't understand how to utilize his own system's strengths. To me, neither are anywhere near great coaches like Ancelotti. They are more like Conte, a one horse pony. Since Inzaghi's system is more advanced than Conte's it takes longer to fully implement. Conte's is very simplistic and more about mind-over-body almost. So his ideas are quicker to implement but become easier and easier to dismantle for the opposition and the rigid system eventually kills it internally. Especially with his personality on top of it. Allegri doesn't have a system, so... very hard to implement. Very easy to dismantle.

Allegri is well-past it. Probably as much past it as Capello is at this point, he probably wont win a trophy ever again. Conte might have peaked too we will see what he does on his next job if any top club takes him.

Inzaghi is evolving and learning on the job and now has cups, Serie A and CL final under his belt. Assuming he can win elsewhere (EPL or CL), he is on track to have the best career of the 3.

Ancelloti is in a stratosphere of his own. Easily best career any Italian coach has ever had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)