Antonio Conte (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve.be

May 26, 2009
AS Bari current coach and former Juventus captain Antonio Conte will be the Bianconeri's next coach for next season. Conte will sign in a few days, while the present part-time coach Ciro Ferrara will return to work as the club's youth academy supervisor and as assistant coach for the Italian national team.

source: Transfermarketweb

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
WHat's with the negativity surrounding Conte?. We know he plays an attacking 4.2.4 this could mean anything from a lineup that includes Diego,Gio and Camo with Amauri up fop. If he brings Guberti on a free bonus and implements an attacking formation I would be overjoyed. Has anybody watched Bari?, if so how do they play a passing game or long balls?.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Conte could be great. This guy knows how Juventus winning mentality is and he could definitly teach the new players how to do it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Well, he has been good at Bari so he should't be that bad? What makes you question whether he is a good tactician or not?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If he works on the mental approach to the game(Ferrara is doing great with that), have our players in great condition(Ventrone), plays Diego in a free role, forget what long balls are and don't have our D too high then we might be ok. :tup:
Nothing wrong with long balls, if used appropriately.

I have one demand though: Ferrara as assistant coach.
Why?

He certainly woldn't be my choice.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why? Because there's no reason not to give Ferrara the assistant spot. Afterall, he'll be in here for two matches then thrown away. The assistant role would be great experience for him as well.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why? Because there's no reason not to give Ferrara the assistant spot. Afterall, he'll be in here for two matches then thrown away. The assistant role would be great experience for him as well.
Is Ferrara better as assistant coach than returning to overseeing our youth development?

I would rather Conte had an experienced assistant.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Well, it depends on who it is. I'm not sure about his staff at Bari.
After a quick look at their website it seems his assistants are Antonio Toma (5 years older than Conte) and Gianluca Conte (his brother? 3 years younger than Antonio).

Neither of them have an article in either the English or Italian versions of Wikipedia.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Conte done with Bari. - SKY TG24

Sources tell me he's coming with his crew and Guberti.
Man, I guess a 3-0 win after two months of despair is not enough. Even if Ciro beats Lazio 5-0 I don't think they would give him the role next year. That is sort of upsetting for me. I really admire Ciro (not that I don't admire Conte, I do) but I have always had a great deal more respect for Ciro. I still want him as coach next year, but if there is anyone else then be it Conte. I too (as Andy) have a demand. Conte comes, Guberti comes with him. New coach, new promising player, no transfer fee. And should Andy get his request then Ferrara as assistant.

Mar 24, 2006
Okay for me if Conte come here , but please note we must end our short term contract with Ciro with a good manner , which mean if we need someone service in the future , he will accept it without hesitation .

Respect for San Ciro .

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
pep seemed to do ok with barca with no experience
Pep had world class players already... He's done extremely well and had a dream run... its an exception, not a rule... Its safer to have an experienced coach, we can't have another season without silverware... it'll be hard to digest...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Okay for me if Conte come here , but please note we must end our short term contract with Ciro with a good manner , which mean if we need someone service in the future , he will accept it without hesitation .

Respect for San Ciro .
Ferrara will just go back to the youth department (& assistant coach to Lippi). No reason why there would be any hard feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)