Antonio Conte (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't get the hype about Conte. Yes he was a great Captain but that doesn't mean he's a great coach.

His staff is superb so we wouldn't have to worry about the condition of our players. The formation is what scares me but if he's indeed a great coach then he can adapt to the players in place.

Because he's adored by the fans I think it may be a move to quiet the people if things go wrong. They couldn't blast him but if it was Spalletti then people would go nuts.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Spalletti is quite fragile in terms of mentality and his defensive tactics, but I would for sure prefer him over Conte.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If he works on the mental approach to the game(Ferrara is doing great with that), have our players in great condition(Ventrone), plays Diego in a free role, forget what long balls are and don't have our D too high then we might be ok. :tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Conte is the extremely easy option. I too would rather prefer he gains more experience before coaching us, but who knows perhaps it will work out.

I have one demand though: Ferrara as assistant coach.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If he works on the mental approach to the game(Ferrara is doing great with that), have our players in great condition(Ventrone), plays Diego in a free role, forget what long balls are and don't have our D too high then we might be ok. :tup:
You mean Spalletti right? I agree.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I don't get the hype about Conte. Yes he was a great Captain but that doesn't mean he's a great coach.

His staff is superb so we wouldn't have to worry about the condition of our players. The formation is what scares me but if he's indeed a great coach then he can adapt to the players in place.

Because he's adored by the fans I think it may be a move to quiet the people if things go wrong. They couldn't blast him but if it was Spalletti then people would go nuts.
We need someone to build a great team, a winner one, who has the experience of winning. Maybe if we were not in deep shit like this, I would have taken Conte, but now?? It's a suicide. Same goes for Ferrara, it's too early for them, maybe after 5 years, when we go back to winning stake.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Conte is the extremely easy option. I too would rather prefer he gains more experience before coaching us, but who knows perhaps it will work out.

I have one demand though: Ferrara as assistant coach.
Indeed, he is definitely the easiest option. Let's hope for the best but it remains to be seen if he is even an upgrade to Ranieri.

I really don't think Ferrara will become his assistant. He'll most likely go back to his previous job(s).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ventrone is the guy who gets them in shape. He's the marine guy who won everything with Lippi. :tup:
Think most remember his name, but yeah, how about we just re-hire Ventrone instead of talking how its a plus for Conte to have such staff like this guy? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)