Antonio Candreva (7 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
joke theory? you mean confirmed theory, it was dumb to have him play and even dumber to have him play in those circumstances. whats 16 year old have to do with anything? even bigger and older players have succumbed to pressure and lost confidence over longer stretches of time because of that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
C'mon Deneb that's a joke theory. You can't predict ones performances, derby or not. This could have happened against Lecce as well and there is no difference at all.
This shouln't affect his confidence because it wasn't really his fault ..same even if it was. He's not 16yo
Its funny how we Juve fans talk about confidence, since we have the biggest example in world football of how confidence could destroy players in noneother than Melo.

It does matter and could effect him, it all depends on him.

I don't agree that he shouldn't have played though. We needed him out there.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
A couple of decent touches early, he did add a bit of a spark down the right side before Gigi's ejection. I'm interested to see him get a little more time. Shame about the marking at the end, but these things happen, especially to youngsters. Frankly, our defense is pathetic.

Candreva's here on loan, for about half a million $ if memory serves me... I'm not mad that he was brought in. If our squad was already reasonably balanced, it would obviously make a little more sense, because he could turn out to be a gem.

Unfortunately, we're 'reinforcing' our squad with a bunch of unproven youngsters, and they're going to be the ones who pay for our directors ineptitude. It's absolutely insane. Our brain trust could write the ultimate manual on how to spoil young talent (Claudio and Giorgio aside)... or give it away.

We need quality, and we need it now. Coach, regista, defenders... January cannot end without at least one proven commodity... somebody with a successful CV.

Although I get the feeling that it just might...

ajit

Dec 19, 2005
Wow, can't believe people are making Candreva the scapegoat here. Yes, he was partly to blame for the goal. Being an AMC, doesn't mean its not his job to defend. Antonio saw that Riise was left unmarked and ran back to cover him, but couldn't reach there in time. So if you have to blame someone for the goal, blame Hasan and Legro who didn't even notice Riise.

IMO it was a good decision not starting Candreva from the start in a game like this, but he should have come in earlier for Salih and not Grygera, who had a decent game.

ajit

Dec 19, 2005
He got only 15mins to play. Can't say much, he was ok i guess. Didn't do anything spectacular like scoring from 30 yards. I guess thats why some people here are really upset with him. I blame that youtube vid :lol:

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #409
    joke theory? you mean confirmed theory, it was dumb to have him play and even dumber to have him play in those circumstances. whats 16 year old have to do with anything? even bigger and older players have succumbed to pressure and lost confidence over longer stretches of time because of that.

Look, how would you know when to play him? That could have happened against anyone.
    What, when we lead 3-0? It ain't gonna happen because we are weak and we need him out there.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    What cant he see? You shouldnt sub in a decent midfielder when the team needs little change, because you have a magic 8 ball that says he will succumb under pressure automatically? That could happen against anyone, regardless of hindsight.

You dont hold someone back because they might get too pressured or lose confidence or whatever else one says, he is there to play, and when there is opportunity or need for it, he like anyone else should, otherwise whats the point of subs? Only do so when leading comfortably? The main thing was Sali should be subbed instead of Grygera.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)